• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1-CAF BETA

Thanks I added audio_policy.msm8226 to the device make file. Added board uses alsa audio to the msm8226-common board config. Qcom audio-caf was throwing a error for wanting to be in the legacy directory when it doesn't match board type so I just removed it all together to bypass it. Not sure if that's a problem.
What was the error? Did you add the proper stuff to your kernel for the CAF audio?
Start using bin paste or something and I'll see if I can help

What was the error? Did you add the proper stuff to your kernel for the CAF audio?
Thanks for the help dfuse, adknight87 try using something like that for dfuse to help, he's like our main hope for anything on the project ROM

Problem is I'm not getting a error at the moment. I'm building with pretty much the same audio-caf from cm. I just removed the legacy folder since it shouldn't be in it. Though do you have a build with audio.primary.msm8226.so for a cm12.1? Or generally LP

Problem is I'm not getting a error at the moment. I'm building with pretty much the same audio-caf from cm. I just removed the legacy folder since it shouldn't be in it. Though do you have a build with audio.primary.msm8226.so for a cm12.1? Or generally LP
Link me your source plz

866df91dab962743487b767ea02470a3.jpg

Yup

I don't know if this helps or if you have looked at these, but these should have working audio. I have no idea if it's what you want/need, just trying to help.

So wifi was the only thing I couldn't get working.

I figured if I could get the wifi working maybe I could get ahold of you to see if you knew how to upstream your kernel into the one I'm using that's kind of like a common kernel for msm8226 devices.

Not to be off topic but does anyone here know how to use viper4android on the stock rom? I try but never succeed in getting it to stay working when playing my music, any ideas or should I just get a custom rom? Really trying to stay on stock, and i did delete all the knox files but I don't know whats wrong.

Never heard of it.

Not to be off topic but does anyone here know how to use viper4android on the stock rom? I try but never succeed in getting it to stay working when playing my music, any ideas or should I just get a custom rom? Really trying to stay on stock, and i did delete all the knox files but I don't know whats wrong.

I used it on stock but it doesn't work as well as it does on custom roms. It's mostly luck on touchwiz. If you haven't , there should be a setting in sounds in the phone's settings app where all "sound effects" go through viper.

I made some adjustments as it's a temporary fix for right now so as you guys test it out make sure when you post what's broken that it isn't already known. I'm currently compiling one more time and then uploading it.

Back
Top Bottom