• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1-CAF BETA

View attachment 98599

***BETA

***Whats working?
  • Network Data
  • Audio (reverted to Awesomeplayer for default stagefright mediaplayer)
  • Video
  • Proximity Sensor
  • WiFi
***What's not working?
  • Camera
  • Acceleration Sensor ** Code 9, Code 7 in dmesg
  • MTP

***NOTE UPDATED***
This rom is now considered BETA so install it at your own risk. While not everything is working the basic is considered workable. I've also tested out the calling and for some reason when you initiate the hangup well the dialer seems to lag out a bit and the call never ended till the other party ends it. Camera is still not working but I'm sure eventually it will be figured out here.

***ROM DOWNLOAD***
--> HERE <-- *Please note that this download is basically a BETA and still being worked on.

***KEYMASTER_FIX***
--> HERE <-- *This is to overwrite the keymaster images since the symlinks aren't doing their job.

***SOURCES***
--> GITHUB <--
*Sources will be pushed appropriately right now they do not have the changes from a local server.

***UPDATES***
  • 2015/12/10 - MODEM MODEM MODEM out of date...
  • RECENT --> LOGCAT <--
  • 2015/12/11 - MODEM updated ANK3 though downloaded version latest doesn't reflect the same. Seems the missing files showed up in the new firmware thanks to @KAsp3rd for pointing out. Things looking like paths for audio sources shouldn't be 0 quoting kasp3rd "Physical path."
  • 2015/12/26 - Fixed Wifi getting closer Audio and Camera left to attack then I will switch gears and call this a BETA project.
  • 2016/01/01 - Audio sources were sorted out and corrected. Not completely but its workable. Happy New Years guys.
Thanks want to try it too

New download link up for the Beta Rom be sure to grab the keymaster fix zip right below and install right after you install the rom. Yes I know the camera still doesn't work but this is something.

Ah crap well the keymaster stuff won't work so you can manually copy the files over rename them of the sort. The audio I thought I could define to awesomeplayer within the build.prop but that doesn't work though there's a option in the developers menu for using awesomeplayer instead of NuPlayer.

Ah crap well the keymaster stuff won't work so you can manually copy the files over rename them of the sort. The audio I thought I could define to awesomeplayer within the build.prop but that doesn't work though there's a option in the developers menu for using awesomeplayer instead of NuPlayer.
So what would I have to do? Extract the keymaster zip beforehand, install the ROM, then put the files in the respective folder in twrp? Or just leave it out all together and just change the audio like you said?

So what would I have to do? Extract the keymaster zip beforehand, install the ROM, then put the files in the respective folder in twrp? Or just leave it out all together and just change the audio like you said?
Install ROM
Enable developer settings
Enable root access to APPs & ADB
Enable awesomeplayer
Use file manager to replace keymaster located in /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/

My app switch addition didn't include in the build so there's a recent button fix zip floating around.

uploadfromtaptalk1451716607891.png
uploadfromtaptalk1451716613835.png
uploadfromtaptalk1451716622045.png

I made some adjustments as it's a temporary fix for right now so as you guys test it out make sure when you post what's broken that it isn't already known. I'm currently compiling one more time and then uploading it.
Coolz so you've updated the download link for the newest build, Thanks man for all the work, this is just awesome!!! And oh yeah, turns out for viper4android to work on the stock rom u actually have to install it then install driver, use, but make sure you turn off viper4android before resetting the phone because it wont work until u have, stupid pattern but its worth it for the best equalizer

It also crashes when security settings is selected, not allowing me to install from unknown sources. Otherwise, its really smooth and great!

Now I'm actually using root mode in es file explorer to bypass it :)
Awesome how do u do that? I'd like to learn how so I don't have to go through adb and all that extra stuff:D, and is it just for es file explorer or any root explorer?

When you enable root explorer in the app, you have to click one click install, hold down the apk you want, then click the three dot menu in the corner and hit install. Otherwise normally clicking the apk will install it through the system

Back
Top Bottom