• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

That's weird. Camera working perfectly fine over here, using the stock camera that came with the ROM and not Google Camera though.

Only issue I'm noticing is the sensors still being a little weird, having trouble getting the device to get back into portrait.

i think that is the best I can get the sensors to be

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
Rebooted and now cera shuts down as soon as I hit the shutter button and also SMS not working force closes, should I just wipe and reflash again? One more thing I posed this question in the discussion thread bit got no reply but should I reflash twrp and the boot switch and restore zips? Thanks in advance.
what is cera ?

yes try a wipe

why do you boot and twrp switched, for system r/w

why do you need system r/w ?

Upvote 0
this is beta 1
fixed GPS
fixed time service error
fixed WIFI hotspot

https://www.mediafire.com/?jv9adn9sdrxk8oa
md5 sum 670a07b8e2246d7ceb0cd9189e14303e
You're amazing hroark! Wow leaps and bounds in so little time. I'll flash this tonight and report back. Haha kind of funny I was going to flash alpha 2 earlier to test it and now hours later we have a beta.

Upvote 0
Is this safe to flash over current installs? (I am on the build before alpha 1) For some reason after flashing a update, I'll get spammed with process com.google.gapps has stopped and it will not go away and I had to completely wipe everything and start over.

Doesn't look like flashing right over plays nicely. Phone is looping on the Android is starting screen. It'll get through all of the apps, show the lockscreen briefly, and the the boot animation appears and the whole process starts over.

EDIT: Huh. I lied. After the second round of 'Android is starting' everything played out nicely, and the ROM works fantastically.

Reactions: FateZero
Upvote 0
Doesn't look like flashing right over plays nicely. Phone is looping on the Android is starting screen. It'll get through all of the apps, show the lockscreen briefly, and the the boot animation appears and the whole process starts over.

EDIT: Huh. I lied. After the second round of 'Android is starting' everything played out nicely, and the ROM works fantastically.
Yeah I flashed the beta 1 build and now I constantly get "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and every time I click OK, it pops right back up causing be to have to wipe data and start over :'(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones