• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

Oh OK I flashed that and I can send and receive picmail well the WiFi is on so thank you
I thought you went back to beta 2

there is no way flashing the sensor zip fixed you wifi mms issue

it has to do with something I took out of the framework overlay

so I put it back in, and I am doing a new build from a clobbered state, so I will have an RC2 out tonight or tommorow

when I have to make changes that affect the framework, I ususally have to clobber the build, and people have to do a clean install

if it is just copying some new files over, usually dont have to do all that

building from a clobber state takes a lot longer

I thought you went back to beta 2

there is no way flashing the sensor zip fixed you wifi mms issue

it has to do with something I took out of the framework overlay

so I put it back in, and I am doing a new build from a clobbered state, so I will have an RC2 out tonight or tommorow

when I have to make changes that affect the framework, I ususally have to clobber the build, and people have to do a clean install

if it is just copying some new files over, usually dont have to do all that

building from a clobber state takes a lot longer
i was but you put in so much work i was like i got unlimited data so f the wifi im enjoyed the rom and i just want to say thank you for your hard work i know in the end this is going to be a master piece of work you are doing and im just happy to be on the ground floor to test and run your work on my phone thank you

If you do have another rc will people like me still have to flash the secondary zip to fix the calling issue?

yeah that is gonna be one of the install steps
that is why I made that sensor thread

i think what I will eventually do is put the HAL in the ROM that works for most people, and then the other people can install the fix

At this point I am not sure which group is bigger

Seems like my sensors are messed up after flashing RC1. Whenever I call someone and hold the phone away from my face the screen turns off and won't turn on until I cover the sensor. Not sure what the problem would be seeing as everything worked fine in beta 1.

Just wanted to make sure that it had been stated that the touch screen continues to have that problem of randomly and suddenly ceasing to respond. I always have to hold down power button and reboot. Hardware buttons respond, screen does not. Tends to happen when I'm scrolling quickly through menus. I've seen this reported on Google+ frequently but not here

Just wanted to make sure that it had been stated that the touch screen continues to have that problem of randomly and suddenly ceasing to respond. I always have to hold down power button and reboot. Hardware buttons respond, screen does not. Tends to happen when I'm scrolling quickly through menus. I've seen this reported on Google+ frequently but not here
If we can figure out a way to make it happen it will be easier for me to trouble shoot

Is the stall on Formatting System normal on RC1...? I wiped everything myself but it doesn't look like its doing anything. Forced a reboot and tried again, but still doing.
It did the same thing with me. It got hung up on formatting system for about 5minutes then it only took about 1minute longer to finish installing the ROM & gapps. I also checked the md5 and it was a perfect match. It seems like it's normal for the script to hang on formatting system.

It did the same thing with me. It got hung up on formatting system for about 5minutes then it only took about 1minute longer to finish installing the ROM & gapps. I also checked the md5 and it was a perfect match. It seems like it's normal for the script to hang on formatting system.
Yup this happened to me as well. Just waited it out and it worked after a bit.

I used different SMS apps from Google SMS and still cant send pic unless i turn off the WiFi to data they don't switch between them if I just use data then I can send and receive pic mail if I turn the WiFi on my phone then I can't receive picmail on no app

ok I built a new one that fixed MMS when wifi is on, should I upload it and call it RC2 ?

it will require a wipe (clean install)

I have the MetroPCS 4.4.4 version and so far the only issue I am experiencing on rc1, other than the sensor problem which is now fixed, is that the touchscreen frequently becomes unresponsive. This always seems to happen in the evening while I am at work. After a few days of this I noticed that it only happens while I am listening to music. I plug in my headphones and listen to music most of the night while I'm working and this is the only time my screen becomes unresponsive.

Edit: Also, I did a factory reset when I flashed rc1 this evening, and I used the gapps recommended for cm12 and cm12.1 that you get from the official CyanogenMod website because using the most recent pa gapps for 5.1 caused problems for me.

Edit#2: I haven't noticed any problems with SMS or MMS because I use Google messenger and haven't tried sending any SMS or MMS since flashing rc1. Both worked fine using Google messenger on beta1.

Last edited:
man this ROM is a real Frankin ROM

V5 REDBULL (X9180) AUDIO ACDB CAL FILES
V5 REDBULL (X9180) SENSOR HAL AND DRIVERS
SONY FLAMINGO SENSOR HAL AND DRIVERS (SOME PHONES)
MOTO PERIGRIN ADRENO GPU DRIVERS
MOTO PERIGRIN WIFI KERNEL DRIVER
MOTO PERIGRIN WIFI FIRMWARE
MOTO PERIGRIN GPS HAL
MOTO PERIGRIN PERF LIBRARY
ZTE BLADE VEC RIL FILES

man I dont know

I fix one thing for myself and it breaks stuff for other people

I may have made it a RC too soon

Lmfao. Not one phone is the same as the other. Your phone was assembled by a highly technological device assembly wonder of the world! His name is Cheng. He's only 9 years old.

Sorry if I offended you. But its probably true. =P

But anyway. I've had very few issues with your builds. Except for beta 2 throttling the max frequency down to 300 MHz it worked great.

alright here is RC2

the only thing I really fixed in this was the MMS with WiFi on

but since the whole framework had to be recompile, it requires a clean install (factory wipe)

https://www.mediafire.com/?undefined
md5sum 455fbf41d80f2edba3245832602a36e5

That feel when I've just flashed and got cozy with RC1. Time to move on I guess xD, of course, astounded by the progress over the last few weeks.

By the way, you've got an issue with the link there.

Back
Top Bottom