• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

ok so ill just go back to stock .. i mean its obvious if the release doest work for all we have to reflash back , so no intention of butthurting anyone // i love this cm 12 is fast makes phone fast . its just my damn wifi keeps disabling after reboot n wont work again i know all the phones some parts are diffrnt then others ,
Just curious, is there a reason you are needing to reboot so much?

I had to download it on my phone it's not working on my pc [emoji53] I have MetroPCS 4.4.4 do I need any other files or is everything going to be in Cm12.1 RC2?
You will most likely need the redbull hal for your proximity sensor to work correctly. I have the same model and I needed to flash it over the ROM.

You will most likely need the redbull hal for your proximity sensor to work correctly. I have the same model and I needed to flash it over the ROM.
what worked for me was flamingo on 4.4.4
i think they just need to make call n try it out if the screen stays black use flamingo since redbull is the one in rom already ? and mines was 4,4,4 ,out the box from metro also flamingo u need to manually turn of screen when making call doesnt real;l bothe rme cuz im barely on phone lol

Last edited:
Idk man, mine came with metro 4.4.4 also and the flamingo one caused my sensor to work back asswards. Maybe the model of the phone isn't the only factor that comes into play. Kind of like what happened with the cam for the f6 on kitkat.
It seems like a lot of us came from the f6 so most of us know all about this.

what dose no no cm has wifi calling mean? im new to CM where is it at so i can turn it on thanks
WiFi calling is something is only included in the stock ROM. You might call it a gimmick for lack of a better word. It is proprietary and they don't provide source for how they get it to work. Its hard enough just to make a stable ROM without trying to reverse engineer something like WiFi calling that is closed source.

Idk man, mine came with metro 4.4.4 also and the flamingo one caused my sensor to work back asswards. Maybe the model of the phone isn't the only factor that comes into play. Kind of like what happened with the cam for the f6 on kitkat.
It seems like a lot of us came from the f6 so most of us know all about this.
yea i came from f6 also

I'm still running alpha 2 and everything works for me so I won't update right now because I don't want to have to reinstall all of my apps. The only thing that is killing me is when the touch screen stops responding, forcing me to have to hold down power so the phone power cycles.

CM12 RC2 444
ahhhh......as soon as the phone rings...the screen goes black...can't answer..can't deny call....
screen turns on when i get it right up on my face....too close to see it.....

the rest of this post is me ranting about stuff that has nothing to do with the RC2 build....i'm sorry!!!!!!!!

somehow lost my PERFECT RC1 recovery.....it just disappeared .....
back to modded stock recovery...
even thou it does'nt matter ......my sms backup refuses to restore...the rest restored fine....but, i needed my sms carp........
yah.....i'm livid about the sms...
the losing the RC1 backup is nothing new...things work(?) that way for me
had it nice nice and super o.k. ....FARGING SHART!!!!

CM12 RC2 444
ahhhh......as soon as the phone rings...the screen goes black...can't answer..can't deny call....

the rest of this post is me ranting about stuff that has nothing to do with the RC2 build....i'm sorry!!!!!!!!

even thou it does'nt matter ......my sms backup refuses to restore...the rest restored fine....but, i needed my sms carp........
You just need to flash the redbull hal files. I had the same problem on rc2 until I did this. Hroark13 made a separate thread for the sensor fixes HERE.

CM12 RC2 444

What master chief said flash the redbull zip in recovery and the sensors get fixed. I had the same problem before flashing the redbull zip and after bam all is good.

@hroark13 , my previous device was the LG volt , we had a developer that I believe fixed abd and we'll alot of other issues with cm12.1. His name is Bad_MOFO_33 I think he could help you squash some bugs on your build..

sorry hroark .....just read the sensor zip post....
thank you masterchief for pointing that out....
damnit cyconumnum !!!! R.I.F.

On the latest Rc (Metro 4.4.4) tried all hal flamingo is the only one that works, goes off close to face but I gotta hit power to turn it back on any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom