• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

OK Wall-mart family Zmax
start point Rooted stock 4.4.2
twrp 2.8.6
xposed with gravity mod.....
adv. wiped data, cache, system, dalvik
installed CM12 6-10 no google apps all seemed to work well data , wifi, rotation, only problem was phone wouldn't turn screen off when put up to face. .... prox. sensor....
tryed to do the *#26***# to recalibrate..... no recalibrate screen came up... i Would like to try to recalibrate in CM12 i think this might fix problem. don't know how.

adv,wipe data,dalvik,cache,system.
restored my 4.4.2 xposed gravity backup
prox sensor still not working
*#26***# recalibrate
4.4.2 xposed gravity backup works again no problems.

really think if i could do a recal in cm12 it would work but don't know how..... Is there a way ?

what speed did you get on rc1
what speed did you get on beta2
I never tried those, was just watching from the sidelines then.
Oh and when I switched to 3G it goes to h+ when data is actively being used and turns to 3G when idle. With h+ the highest speed I get is 1mb

if there is a way found to force the freeze to happen, then I can trouble shoot it
Plug in a pair of headphones and play music with the screen off. It should freeze within 10 to 20 minutes, maybe, hopefully, sooner than that. Then again I have the metro 4.4.4 model so it might not happen as often for you. Either way I have noticed that every time it has happened to me I was listening to music through headphones with the phone in my pocket.

Hey hroark just wanted to pop in to give my report on the latest build you released (RC2) so far everything is working perfectly. I had to flash the redbull sensors for my phone but so far this has been a great experience so far. Amazing work man thank you so much for all that you've done.

OK, so I've clean installed RC2 twice now and my WiFi will just not work. Not even during the initial setup. Any ideas or suggestions?
Installation process:
Advance wipe data system cache and dalvik cache
Install RC2
Install GAPPS
Factory reset
Reboot.

Only other version I've flashed is beta 2 and same thing. Should I try RC1?

OK, so I've clean installed RC2 twice now and my WiFi will just not work. Not even during the initial setup. Any ideas or suggestions?
Installation process:
Install RC2
Install GAPPS
Factory reset
Reboot.

go back to stock does it work on stock

I have noticed that the screen freezes mostly while screen is off, it occurs more often if the phone gets hot and/or there is a ram cleaner installed. The freezing occurs less often to almost never if no lock screen is on or a ram cleaner is installed

Plug in a pair of headphones and play music with the screen off. It should freeze within 10 to 20 minutes, maybe, hopefully, sooner than that. Then again I have the metro 4.4.4 model so it might not happen as often for you. Either way I have noticed that every time it has happened to me I was listening to music through headphones with the phone in my pocket.

can you test out this kernel for me, and see if it still happens

http://www.mediafire.com/download/13lu1hacn6dr3as/tstkrn.zip

Installation process:
Install RC2
Install GAPPS
Factory reset
Reboot.

the only thing I can think is that you must have a different wifi chip or something

we have noticed there are differences for the phones when it comes to sensors, so the case may be the same for wifi chips

since I do not have you phone in hand, I would not be able to get it to work

one thing that I would try is upgrading the modem and boot loaders to 444

there is a thread here for doing so

the only thing I can think is that you must have a different wifi chip or something

we have noticed there are differences for the phones when it comes to sensors, so the case may be the same for wifi chips

since I do not have you phone in hand, I would not be able to get it to work

one thing that I would try is upgrading the modem and boot loaders to 444

there is a thread here for doing so

also, have you tried other wifi networks ?

also, have you tried other wifi networks ?
I have the metro pcs model and I was on 4.4.4 before I rooted so idk if that would change anything. And when I turn WiFi on it still says "to see available networks turn WiFi on" no matter where I'm at. Doesn't even show any networks

I have the metro pcs model and I was on 4.4.4 before I rooted so idk if that would change anything. And when I turn WiFi on it still says "to see available networks turn WiFi on" no matter where I'm at. Doesn't even show any networks

well so far it seems like 2 people have an issue like this

188 people downloaded RC2, so not sure how mnay people have the problem

you should start a seperate thread for this issues, see how many people report it
see what you have in common

if enough people have the issue, maybe someone can send me one of the phones that has the issue and I can look at it

Back
Top Bottom