• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

well so far it seems like 2 people have an issue like this

188 people downloaded RC2, so not sure how mnay people have the problem

you should start a seperate thread for this issues, see how many people report it
see what you have in common

if enough people have the issue, maybe someone can send me one of the phones that has the issue and I can look at it
I will do that. I appreciate your reply, and the hard work and long hours you've put into getting this ROM for us!

Upvote 0
Flashed RC2 last night...
Only thing weird.. Gapps ..
only Google app and play store installed...
I installed what ever Google poo I wanted via play store... No problem...
Things are good.. Back ups restored without any discouraging words...
Lte is on spot.. I just set the first APN to 6... to see of it was still needed...
Calls are not a hassle... One accidental hang up.. But, it was because my face touched the screen in call...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Download an XML editor. Use root explorer to navigate to the system folder then etc then permissions. Open platform.XML and navigate to <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
Insert a new element under this. Edit it and replace element with the word group. Then add a custom attribute with the name being gid And the value being media_rw. The new string will look like this.
<group gid="media_rw"/>
I've included a screenshot image of during the edit and what it should look like when finished. If you have system rw then save. If not just save as to your internal phone storage. Reboot to twrp. Mount storage. Open advanced then file manager. Navigate to where you saved the newly edited platform.XML. move and replace the old platform.XML under /system/etc/permissions and Viola. You now have 3rd party app access to save files to SD card that will remain. Enjoy. :) I used Axel XML editor.
##sorry about the double post but I think it's important ##
I think this also enables r/w...at least on Root Explorer it mounts r/w on system folder...please confirm if anyone else is able to do so
*edit*...nevermind it does seem to mount r/w in Root Explorer, but changes won't stick after reboot...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is the zips, flashing the switcher broke WiFi. Flashed the restore zip and still didn't have WiFi, so I dirty flashed the ROM and i can connect to WiFi again

you did not tell me you installed a switcher

this is my instructions for this rom

install rom
install gapps
factory reset

that is it, if you install other mods or other kernels, dont post you issues in here
if you have an issue, and you have not factory wiped, dont post your issue here

Upvote 0
Sorry about that, we
you did not tell me you installed a switcher

this is my instructions for this rom

install rom
install gapps
factory reset

that is it, if you install other mods or other kernels, dont post you issues in here
if you have an issue, and you have not factory wiped, dont post your issue here
We need to flash the switcher to have r/w access to system correct? Or am I wrong?

Upvote 0
Apparently I got confused somewhere, I thought we had to flash the switcher for some reason. Guess not. Completely my fault, sorry for the confusion!

no need to be sorry, and I did not mean to sound so harsh in that post

just wanted to make it clear how to do it, after I wrote that I read it and thought I sounded a little impatient or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones