• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

Quick question to everyone that has this ROM. Does ims calling work on this ROM? Its technically how T-Mobile uses its WiFi calling feature except they use the sim card for authentication. Instead of a user and password. I would like to know of ims calling works. If it does then cool. I can still have WiFi calling. Since i depend on wifi calling at home. And use this as my daily :)

Upvote 0
hey I updated the OP

can some people give some advice on what I should put, to make the instructions more noob friendly

also If some one wants to make a video on how to install CM12.1, I will put it in the OP, just make sure you dont put file links in your you tube description, make the people come here for them

Upvote 0
I got it to work, only I lost all root access. any ideas to why? never mind got it. so far everything works flawlessly. I'm feeling it! Awesome work hroark! you saved a lot of us from upgrading to another phone. its been years since I had cyanogen mod on an android phone me personally. last phone to work was Huawai Acsend. old school LMAO!!!

You got what to work Netflix?

Upvote 0
Would someone be so kind as to test and confirm or deny rather or not Netflix works on RC2 and all other issues never applied to me. Since beta 1 all I ever need was NF working and had no luck fixing it myself. Android is not my strong suit

did you try switching to the awesome player thing, in developer options ?

Upvote 0
Yes. I tried on the beta builds. I haven't tested on the RC1 or RC2 builds that's only because I plan on doing a complete wipe before I install a RC and I don't want to lose everything until I have to.
I tried it, no go for me. it's telling me the following: Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later.(-9)
is that what your getting? I tried it on my wifes phone went through no problem. LMK if you get it up & running.

Upvote 0
I tried it, no go for me. it's telling me the following: Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later.(-9)
is that what your getting? I tried it on my wifes phone went through no problem. LMK if you get it up & running.

yeah thats the error I get, does you wife have Android 5.1.1 ?

Upvote 0
@hroark13 what all does your gapps include, and if I flash that one on top of the one I already have, which includes a bunch of garbage I don't use, will it delete it and reinstall what is included in your gapps

it is not my gapps, it is the one Cyanogen recomends, I gave a direct link to the files

when I install it, I think it only has play store

Upvote 0
it is not my gapps, it is the one Cyanogen recomends, I gave a direct link to the files

So if I want to get rid of all this trash l.......wow it froze while I was typing this message but locking and unlocking the screen fixed it lol. Any if I want to should I do a clean install and then the gapps or would just flashing that gapps fix it.

Reactions: jjayno
Upvote 0
So if I want to get rid of all this trash l.......wow it froze while I was typing this message but locking and unlocking the screen fixed it lol. Any if I want to should I do a clean install and then the gapps or would just flashing that gapps fix it.

i think you would need to start clean, cause when you flash the gapps zip it does not delete the old one

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
@hroark13 what all does your gapps include, and if I flash that one on top of the one I already have, which includes a bunch of garbage I don't use, will it delete it and reinstall what is included in your gapps

It comes with the play store, google play services, all the little core gapps that are needed for google services to work, and google search. Any other gapps that it is missing you can install from the play store.

This is a good thing. I used one of the larger gapps packages before that came with almost all the gapps you can download from the play store and I had problems with some of the gapps force closing. Since using this recommended gapps package, I haven't had any problems with gapps.

Upvote 0
It comes with the play store, google play services, all the little core gapps that are needed for google services to work, and google search. Any other gapps that it is missing you can install from the play store.

This is a good thing. I used one of the larger gapps packages before that came with almost all the gapps you can download from the play store and I had problems with some of the gapps force closing. Since using this recommended gapps package, I haven't had any problems with gapps.
Appreciate the info

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones