• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

Attachments

• GS3.jpg
    GS3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 135
ilordvader said:
Copy text is a real issue on this phone

before it was simple to copy text
after 4.o it
copy to clipborad :(

What's the problem with copying text? I find it much easier on the s3 than in my droid or droidx.

First off I think this is one of the best topics on this site so many thanks to all the contributors for making me love my S3 even more. So here is my bit for the pot. I have mine in a silicone case to prevent damage when in my uniform pocket. This mean that the on / off switch is a little awkward to use. However holding the home button will bring up the lock screen when the phone is in standby mode and the 'Screen off FX' App on the home screen will allow you to switch the phone off. This is fully customisable by the way, so I have it set to random with a blue and red icon. Its very cool give it a try, its free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwyLDYsImpwLmNvLmtpeHgudG9vbC5vZmZ3aWRnZXQiXQ..

Thankyou so much for this. Have been looking for the galaxy nexus 'tv off' animation, without rooting, and this is fairly close! Cheers!

I just discovered the briefing setting in the alarm clock. It plays your alarm ringtone for a few seconds and then computer reads the current time, current weather and the day's forecast, any appointments you have that day, and the top news headline. Reminds me of the first Iron Man movie when JARVIS pops online in the morning to tell Tony the time and current surfing conditions. :p

How do you get to the briefing ?

When you set a new alarm there is an option to set alarm type which should be defaulted to melody. Change this to briefing.
I did this one morning and it didn't work.

I was woken up by a creepy LOUD voice telling me the time and nothing else. :mad:

Its just a little thing but saying "shoot" to make the camera take a photo is very cool. I would love to find a decent Trpod adapter to fit it to my Velbon VGB3 tripod bought 32 years ago.

Its just a little thing but saying "shoot" to make the camera take a photo is very cool. I would love to find a decent Trpod adapter to fit it to my Velbon VGB3 tripod bought 32 years ago.

and "cheese" and others that I can't remember.

and "cheese" and others that I can't remember.

"Capture"

You really only have to make noise, lol.

I've taken a picture by coughing.

When my 1 year old got hold of my phone he somehow opened the camera app and took loads of photos of himself by talking gobbledygook lol

how do you turn this feature on?

I feel sorry for you Keith :D

I'd hate to wake up at 4am everyday

HOW!? My breefing just told me the time, no weather, NOTHING

i dont think this has been pointed out... if you pull your notification drawer down, and then tap on the clock in the top right corner, itll bring up your world clock in a popup
That doesn't do anything for me? Am I stupid? Elaborate please :rolleyes:

HOW!? My breefing just told me the time, no weather, NOTHING

That doesn't do anything for me? Am I stupid? Elaborate please :rolleyes:

Did you check all the boxes for the briefing?

I think it's just him because it does nothing for me either :D

i dunno what else to tell ya. i just drag my notification bar down, and while the drawer is open, i tap the clock in the very top right corner. doesnt work when the drawer is closed though.

Back
Top Bottom