• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

Also, when I take photos of my partner then view them in the photo gallery, there is always a yellow box around her face which I spose is useful for people who wish to tag the photos on their phones. I don't need to tag the missus's face tho, I wake up to it every morning and know exactly what she looks like! Anyone know how to disable this feature?
Go to any picture, click the menu button on the bottom left, then click face tag. You can turn them on or off.

Saying snooze to the alarm is by far the best thing to me yet, but the damn thing has made me late several times. Say snooze and the alarm never goes back off.

Saying snooze to the alarm is by far the best thing to me yet, but the damn thing has made me late several times. Say snooze and the alarm never goes back off.
I've found the best alarm app is Kaloer Clock...it's customizable to the Nth degree and has never let me down. I've set mine to just touch the screen (anywhere) to snooze it and long-press to turn off the alarm!!

I really like the "hide apps" feature in the app drawer. I know they aren't uninstalled, but this phone has enough internal storage for me to not worry about it. At least I don't have to see the bloatware.

Not really a feature, but I thought I'd put this little tip here and bump this awesome thread at the same time:

I put a dot of glue on the top side of my Samsung USB cable connector, so when I'm putting my phone on charge at night I don't have to shine the screen on the cable to figure out which end is "up."

Not really a feature, but I thought I'd put this little tip here and bump this awesome thread at the same time:

I put a dot of glue on the top side of my Samsung USB cable connector, so when I'm putting my phone on charge at night I don't have to shine the screen on the cable to figure out which end is "up."

I did the same thing with a drop of white out... great tip!

What's the problem with copying text? I find it much easier on the s3 than in my droid or droidx.

If i copy a text & then if i swipe my hand & copy screen
the copy Text is no more, I loose it :(

Is there a way to keep the Text i copyed ?

Please

my charging cable (that came with the phone) has little prongs that stick out on the back side of the metal tip of the connector, so i just feel for those. do yours not?

I gave the "glue" tip and checked for the prongs - the cable that came with my S3 does have them! But I still find it easier (and less pokey) to feel for the glue dot. :p ;)

I have not been able to get the text to call thing to work. If you are reading a text, and hold the phone up to your ear it is suppose to call the person? Is there something in settings I need to do to set this up? My phone just goes to landscape mode lol and does nothing else.

thanks,

Glenn

I have not been able to get the text to call thing to work. If you are reading a text, and hold the phone up to your ear it is suppose to call the person? Is there something in settings I need to do to set this up? My phone just goes to landscape mode lol and does nothing else.

thanks,

Glenn

you have to use the stock messenger too- i was using gosms and it didn't work with that.

I used the flash on my sgs2 as a flashlight quite often and for several minutes at a time, it did get hot sometimes but never had any problems with it. Probably wouldn't recommend leaving it on for real long periods of time but I'd use mine for 5-10 minutes and let it cool down.

Also there is a feature you can turn your on in the settings where, if you have a missed notification, and pick up the phone, it will vibrate to alert you. As well as a ton of other motion related things.

There is one where you can swipe the side of your hand from left to right, or right to left, and it will take a screen shot

What setting is this/how do I enable it? I have my notifications set to vibrate every 2 minutes but I can't even remember how I chose to do that :/

Back
Top Bottom