• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

Only once, when it was in my jeans pocket. I could see a bright spot of light shining through my jeans!

I just turned the shake sensitivity down a bit and never had that problem since. It's very seldom going to happen anyway because the screen has to be turned on first before the shake detection kicks in.

Absolutely true story:

A few months ago on my old phone, my seven year old got a hold of my phone and started jacking with it (he's a smart kid). I collect and listen to Old Time Radio shows from the 1930's, 40's & 50's on my phone all the time. One of those shows is The Adventures of Tarzan. Each episode of Tarzan begins with the famous "Tarzan yell" for about six seconds. Well, my loving son clipped off that yell from one of the episodes, set it as my ringtone unbeknown to me and later that evening I found myself standing in a line at the grocery store trying to decide whether or not I wanted to acknowledge, and therefore feel the need to explain, that loud Tarzan yell coming from my left testicle. :confused:

Yes, I still love him. ;)

I must be so boring!... the phone is perfect because it does all the necessary core things without a hiccup. This has been a great thread, and has helped me to understand users's needs, but it does all seem to just work.

I like being able to take a screenshot without having to root the phone. Simply hold Home and Power buttons simultaneously, or - this is beautiful - slide the side of your palm across the screen (you have to enable the latter in Settings).

Great forum, thanks.

Been lurking this thread a while so thanks everyone for all the tips.

My tip is more the coolest feature that I will find soon;

Multi-tasking/multi-window as the Note 2 does. I can't link yet but there is an article on androidcentral - "Multi-window feature could be headed to Galaxy S3 in Android 4.1.2 update".

Hope this doesn't contravene this threads intention as it isn't here yet (end of year) but I am quite excited about it and will be a feature I will definitely use.

just figured this feature out :-)
you can send screen shots or pictures to the s memo app,
and then write on the pic. cool

long press the home button to get into your ram usage and to kill apps.
perfect. this phone is the nuts like

cheers for this thread too

bob

This is actually a weakness in my view. It shows apps that you were recently in but it also has a preview of the apps even if you want certain apps private. Now if it just listed what was open that would be great but actually showing the app is dumb.

2 things to add
---
the fast unlock - with no animation will crash on latest android ics.. ie it stops the ability to delete pages.
---
also

find a chipped passport
turn on NFC
Galaxy S3 does 'NFC bleep' near passport?

i have a passport checker??
--

Recently while browsing my e-mail and even google search, I accidently found out thet if you slide your finger up or down either corner of the screen the font size changes without having have to pinch the screen. So there you go you have a one hand operation no need to be using both hands one to hold and one to pinch. :D :shakehands:

This is actually a weakness in my view. It shows apps that you were recently in but it also has a preview of the apps even if you want certain apps private. Now if it just listed what was open that would be great but actually showing the app is dumb.

The option to have which apps were recently opened to appear, or, not, would be nice.

Gotta ask a question though, as I've seen similar questions/concerns on this issue in several forums on this site :

WADDERYA lookin' at that ya don't want anyone else to see? ;)

Just joking.......

Seriously, if you're web browsing & don't want it to show up in apps recently opened up, try out the app IN BROWSER, from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE. :D

The option to have which apps were recently opened to appear, or, not, would be nice.

Gotta ask a question though, as I've seen similar questions/concerns on this issue in several forums on this site :

Just joking.......

Seriously, if you're web browsing & don't want it to show up in apps recently opened up, try out the app IN BROWSER, from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE. :D

This just happened. My cousin just purchased his first smart phone and was needing help so during the show and tell I decided to show him how to kill his apps so when I pressed the button to bring it up there was the pictures of his girlfriend in all her naked glory. =-O

LOL..too funny. How did she look? Just kidding.............

I have some "compromising" photos but they are stored in the cloud on Drop Box which i have a password on my phone.

Just joking.......

I actually dont have a lot to hide, but its just the fact that it can be done. Maybe i dont want a coworker or anyone that may want to view my phone, looking at text that i send out, or pictures on my phone. It should be an option or better yet it should just list the open apps rather than actually display whats in them.

Multi-tasking/multi-window as the Note 2 does. I can't link yet but there is an article on androidcentral - "Multi-window feature could be headed to Galaxy S3 in Android 4.1.2 update".

Already got this feature up and running on my phone its quite cool. Running the omega 4.1.2 which is great.

They have also come out with a new feature in 4.1.2 called smart Rotation which is supposed to adjust the direction of the screen to your angle of sight which is quite cool.

For those without a Samsung TV Or other such smart TV you can still share your videos and pics to your TV if you have an xbox.

Turn on the WIFI on the xbox then when looking at your pics the icon to share to your TV appears.

For those without a Samsung TV Or other such smart TV you can still share your videos and pics to your TV if you have an xbox.

Turn on the WIFI on the xbox then when looking at your pics the icon to share to your TV appears.

Does this work for Playstation as well?

I love my GS3 & this thread is top notch...however I do not have the option in my input & language for voice cmd apps. I am extremely bummed by this & don't know if it's because I just bought the phone & it's on JB or what... anyone know why it simply isn't there?

Are you serious?! You're my hero, do I just turn on the wifi on the xbox and then it plays via the xbox? Or via tv?

Are you serious?! You're my hero, do I just turn on the wifi on the xbox and then it plays via the xbox? Or via tv?

Yeah, I need instructions. I tried this last night and it didn't work. I just know I did something wrong. The XBox just has to be connected, right? You don't need XBox Gold or anything do you?

I love my GS3 & this thread is top notch...however I do not have the option in my input & language for voice cmd apps. I am extremely bummed by this & don't know if it's because I just bought the phone & it's on JB or what... anyone know why it simply isn't there?

Welcome to the forum NinjaNik

The setting has been moved from language and input to the s voice settings on jb. You can also use the smart switch widget which will put a toggle for it on your homescreen.

Back
Top Bottom