• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

scooter1942 said "the ir sensor detects your cheek"

So if I shout "You have a fat bottom and bad breath" the S3 can recognise it? Wow :D

Is there an app to watch live soccer matches ( La Liga, Champions, etc...) On the S3?

Or maybe a website that would work on the phone!?

Ive looked for a while, and Im losing my mind because Barcelona plays in 45 mins haha =[

Okay, I have dutifully and faithfully waded through every single page of this thread. I have laughed, I have cried... Okay, maybe not cried. I learned a lot of great new features. My personal favorites are all the voice commands. I love to long press the button on my BT hands free, and when I hear the chime, say "Call my wife's mobile" and it DOES!

I also love to do the same action, and say "Text my wife's mobile message I will be home late for dinner" and again, IT DOES!

The people standing in line (ostensibly to get the new iPhone5) commercial showing in the US has a scene where two guys tap the back of their phones together and a chime happens. The lady asks, "What did you just do?" and one guy says, "I sent him a playlist..."

Okay, I have been able to send single photos, single videos, and single songs, but I have NEVER figured out how to send a playlist (thinking the playlist and all tracks in it will be transferred). Does anyone have that working, or is that a "misleading advertisement"?

Not impressed with T9 Trace AT ALL. I won't go into how crazy this has made me and how incredibly stupid T9 Trace is. I'm so used to Swype and I miss it badly. There is also no microphone on the keyboard for talk to text which was on Swype too. Am I going to have to install something else, like Swype beta?

Not impressed with T9 Trace AT ALL. I won't go into how crazy this has made me and how incredibly stupid T9 Trace is. I'm so used to Swype and I miss it badly. There is also no microphone on the keyboard for talk to text which was on Swype too. Am I going to have to install something else, like Swype beta?

Install the beta. It's not difficult to do.

The people standing in line (ostensibly to get the new iPhone5) commercial showing in the US has a scene where two guys tap the back of their phones together and a chime happens. The lady asks, "What did you just do?" and one guy says, "I sent him a playlist..."

Okay, I have been able to send single photos, single videos, and single songs, but I have NEVER figured out how to send a playlist (thinking the playlist and all tracks in it will be transferred). Does anyone have that working, or is that a "misleading advertisement"?
My first instinct is that it's a misleading commercial. I'm guessing you can send an m3u file but if wouldn't do you much good if the music isn't on your phone. And even if you could send over songs that way, I would assume it would take longer than it did on the commercial.

There could be a way, but I don't have another S3 to experiment on.

Your TV has to be equipped with DLNA, and connected to your home network. Phone must also be on wifi. While playing the video in the Video Player app on your phone, at the top left of the screen is an icon that is present if it detects other DLNA deivces on your home network. Click on the icon, and choose the device you want to play the video on. As a note, this will also work on computers and laptops that are on the network that have media sharing/DLNA middle ware on it.

if that doesnt work try servio app and on pc works well..( tv still needs to be cat5 or wifi to router)..

i just got a GS3 2 days ago and ver very impressed at how well the
"All Share" feature works with my new Samsung LED Smart tv. i can
transfer all the pictures and videos i take with the phone to the tv
via bluetooth.

Really how do you acheive this maybe my tv hasnt got bluetooth, but my gs3 connects to a cloud to do this and not direct to tv unlike my pals galaxy note witch connects direct to wifi on tv - seems we have to spend

I know it's been said before, but S-beam is awesome! 2 of my friends got S3s after admiring mine so I was able to use this feature for the first time. So easy to share pics. My other friend with her shiny new iPhone 5 was completely blown away and feeling left out:p

Use Swiftkey, it's SO much better than any other keyboard app. It learns your own language and the way you talk/type so you end up just mostly pushing on the suggested words rather than letters...Amazing app!

I realized using voice to take photo is more gimmick than real practical use. It's cool to tell you friends you can say "smile" to take picture. But in real life, it happened several times the place is noisy. I keep saying "smile" and it won't fire the picture. I look like an idiot. My friend wonder does he really have to "smile" too in order for the camera to take that picture :/
yeah! but how do you set the voice so that it operates the camera?

I dunno if this is a Samsung only feature or Android in general but the auto reject feature is brilliant! Had a few missed calls from my networks sales team. They won't be ringing me any more :P

I don't know if this has been covered but wanted to share this tip I just came across. If you are tired of your S3 asking if you want to connect to WiFi, open your phone dialer and enter *#6335623# and a menu will open with options to turn that feature off.
tried that # and I got: the number can not be dialed.

I have been using a program that reads an overview of my Gmail in addition to sms. I just figured out how to get driving mode on our phone to read Gmail messages . All you have to do is go into your Gmail account on your pc and in settings choose forwarding. Then forward a copy of your emails to your cell phone number. I have Verizon, so I forwarded it to 999-999-9999@vtext.com. It comes as a text message. Be sure to keep a copy in your Gmail inbox too.

I set the voice engines in both driving mode and svoice to Samsung and everything is working great. I love this phone. Thanks for all the great tips. :)

Okay, I have dutifully and faithfully waded through every single page of this thread. I have laughed, I have cried... Okay, maybe not cried. I learned a lot of great new features. My personal favorites are all the voice commands. I love to long press the button on my BT hands free, and when I hear the chime, say "Call my wife's mobile" and it DOES!

I also love to do the same action, and say "Text my wife's mobile message I will be home late for dinner" and again, IT DOES!

I was wondering about the playlist too, you can only do it with samsung media hub. (it's in a tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the commercial)

Saying snooze to the alarm is by far the best thing to me yet, but the damn thing has made me late several times. Say snooze and the alarm never goes back off.

Did you enable the "Snooze" option when editing an alarm? Mine is set to interval of 5 minutes and to repeat 3 times and when I yell Snooze it will repeat the alarm again after 5 minutes.
(Press "More" to get more options while editing the alarm if you're on JB)

You can try TouchPal. Has "swiping" support, but also good for normal typing and has a microphone button ;-)

If you liked Swype just sign up for Swype beta. Has a voice text feature now, so you can just send voice message instead of text lol.

Back
Top Bottom