• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coronavirus global pandemic

There's a fascinating article in today's LA Times [which I haven't finished reading yet],
Impeachment. Primaries. Kobe. Coronavirus rushed in while our focus was elsewhere.

Check it out if you're interested. It helps give some perspective to this whole thing.

(If you're unable to access it, I'll try to summarize it if anyone asks.)
yep that is a great article. read it a few days ago.

....but what i do not get are those crazy kids in Michigan. i mean they came out disregard social distancing and blocked traffic preventing those essential workers such as hospital folks from getting to work to protect the city.

....i just do not get it. this has nothing to do with politics. all they are doing is endangering everyone including their loved ones.

we really need to respect this virus and keep our distance until we get a vaccine.

There is a certain irony in those people conducting an anti-social "protest" against a lockdown on the day that the number of deaths recorded in one day in the US set a new (and grim) record. Just underlines the stupidity of their position.
Indeed. And taking it a step further, I saw on the news yesterday that a minister who had defied orders and continued holding services, to packed houses of other morons, died from COVID-19. *smh*

Indeed. And taking it a step further, I saw on the news yesterday that a minister who had defied orders and continued holding services, to packed houses of other morons, died from COVID-19. *smh*
There's a potential Darwin award there. Though our Prime Minister made an honourable attempt at that himself: in early March he's boasting that he shakes hands with everyone, tells the country just wash your hands and carry on as normal, a few weeks later he starts showing symptoms and ends up in intensive care...

@ocnbrze
....but what i do not get are those crazy kids in Michigan. i mean they came out disregard social distancing and blocked traffic preventing those essential workers such as hospital folks from getting to work to protect the city.

....i just do not get it. this has nothing to do with politics. all they are doing is endangering everyone including their loved ones.

I'm ashamed to live in Michigan because of this

And playing Snake for the 7,823rd time

NokiaLockdown.jpeg

hey guys,
if you are in a state that is starting to open the economy early, please, please practice social distancing. and i would still try to stay at home as much as possible. i understand the need to go back to work. i understand the need to go out, but it is still not safe. please where a mask. stay away from large crowds.

try not to listen to these politicians saying that it is safe to go out and work and play. this is ridiculous!!!!

be safe my AF family!!!!!!!

I am not only practicing social distancing, but media distancing as well. If there are indeed politicians suggesting it's okay to drop safety protocols, they should be held accountable once the bodies start piling up. :(
yeah i just saw the governor of georgia say that this weekend fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, hair and nail salons, and massage therapy businesses can open up. that is scary!!!!! you have to be up close and personal when doing someone's hair.

getting a massage???? forget it!!!!!!!
getting a tattoo?????? HELL NO!!!!!!!

i would be so nervous working at any of those businesses. plus i'm curious to see who is brave enough to venture out to those businesses.

Last edited:
I am not only practicing social distancing, but media distancing as well. If there are indeed politicians suggesting it's okay to drop safety protocols, they should be held accountable once the bodies start piling up. :(
One thing you can be fairly sure of is that politicians will no more be held accountable for their actions than the wealthy individuals who fund the groups behind the "anti-lockdown" protests will be.

the wealthy individuals who fund the groups behind the "anti-lockdown" protests

No unlike the 60+ year old politicians who send 18-year-olds into battle to protect their freedom.

i would be so nervous working at any of those businesses.

Actually, respectable tattoo parlors have always been considerably more hygienic than your average barber shop (speak of which, I desperately need a haircut, but I'll wait). And, since the virus is not a blood borne pathogen, tattooing could be a reasonable place to start. I wonder how many tattoos will be done using the coronavirus graphic from the CDC or WHO? :rolleyes:

The irony is on the US map, Georgia has one of the highest positive and mortality rates in the south.

This morning, I read the sad story of 5-year-old Skylar Herbert, believed to be the youngest person in Michigan to die from COVID-19. Her parents, both first responders, were shocked by the diagnosis because Skylar hadn't left the house in days--and both parents are negative for coronavirus.

As for politicians...if I say all I'd like to say, this will end up in P&CA. :o

I'm extremely pleased with my governor and mayor; both have done stellar jobs during this unprecedented disaster. Thanks to former governor Jerry Brown, and then Gov Newsom--both of whom I happily and proudly voted for--California was poised in a uniquely prepared way. From tens of billions of dollars in budget surplus and rainy day accounts, to our own pandemic agency, they were prepared.

LA Mayor Garcetti, while technically not my mayor [Arcadia has its own mayor], has been a calming, level-headed leader whose daily pressers keep us informed, educated, and encouraged, without ever seeming Pollyanna-ish. All of our leaders have been amazing.

And then there are the ignorant, uneducated morons who, besides thinking they're magically immune from COVID-19, probably also believe global warming is a hoax. :rolleyes: Their leaders...I don't know what to say. Some of these clowns told their minions it was safe to attend church services--and now they, and some of their congregation members, are dead. So much for 'I have Jesus protecting me!' *smh*

Since last night I've read, or seen on the local news, some very disturbing information.

One, the coroner has now determined that a California couple who died in February, BEFORE the first coronavirus death we heard about, died from the virus. The husband died on February 6th, the wife a few days later. But the first COVID-19 death we all heard about was in Washington, weeks later on February 29th. The couple had no recent travel history, and it's unknown at this point how/when they contracted the virus.

Two, and I hope @mikedt may be able to chime in, in China, they're now finding people testing positive who previously tested negative, twice, following recovery from the virus. In some cases, this is happening as much as 70 days after their last negative test result. AND it is not known if they're contagious.

Finally, it's likely that there will be a second wave in the winter, coinciding with flu season.

its just weird how wide ranging this virus is. why are some people asymptomatic? as the article suggested why are people getting covid pneumonia but not really show it until it is almost to late? pets are contracting it, why? i just heard that some people in china are getting it again right after they got over the virus.

this thing is just crazy. i can'y wait to see what gets published on this virus

this one of my all time favorite Tears for Fears songs
i feel this is a very appropriate song right now. it is very beautiful especially performing with his daughter like that.

These Pulse Oximeters seem very interesting and readily available for those worried about impending breathing issues.
If this article you may have read yesterday is correct, it's the unexpected pneumonia and lack of typical warning symptoms that are causing problems.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coro...onavirus-patients/ar-BB12XKKy?ocid=spartanntp
This is an excellent article, and I highly recommend that everyone read it. It's a little long, but well worth the time. Thank you, Tony, for posting it.

I normally avoid anything to do with micro$oft like the plague, but held my nose and read this article. I'm glad I did, although its references to multi-organ failure, being turned in bed on a schedule, tubes...pulse ox...IVs... well, it brought back a lot of bad memories. Like my O2 level setting off the alarm in my ICU room all the time, and me trying to yank the pulse oximeter off my finger...among other things. :o But I'm still glad I read it.

This virus is extremely interesting, from a scientific point of view. It's certainly doing things unseen by anything else.

And dumbasses whose collective IQ is less than Dr Fauci's pinky finger's want him fired... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom