• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

I'm actually liking this rom very much, coming from CTMod which I still loved due to the fact that
It was the first rom I had put on this phone but for some reason it was lagging. So I went ahead changed basebands an reflashed the rom again. Still lagging, so I decided to change roms an so far so good. I'm not sure as to why my phone couldn't deal with CTMod but yet it can handle CM7 :confused: even the battery seems to last a lot longer than it was. It could be anything from a bad SD card or bad apps, but cm7 is best for my phone imo.

Sent from my cm7 amethyst using Tapatalk 2

Same goes for me. I like CTMod very much. But, once I tried CM7, that was the one for me. Still running on my Prevail even though I only use it to play music.

Same goes for me. I like CTMod very much. But, once I tried CM7, that was the one for me. Still running on my Prevail even though I only use it to play music.

Same here Wy. I'm running CM7 too. Running Kouma's SSM for it too. :D

Seriously considering giving Chev's Megatron a go though. It runs great on my Marquee. It's just hard to try something new when you've got a phone set up perfectly like I do with my Prevail running CM7 and Kouma's SSM. Still, I know me and I will eventually end up giving it a try. One thing's for sure.... after working with Chevanlol360 for a few months on Megatron-Marquee, I have no problem whatsoever trying any of his ROMs.

I don't care what anyone says about the Prevail bro. This is the little phone that CAN! What's even better is my second Prevail runs even better than my 1st one did. SWEET!!

As I said I love this rom, unfortunately I had to flash another rom due to the fact that mms can't work without 3g data which I currently don't have(I use Wi-Fi), will changing the stock messaging app for let's say handscent or go sms chompsms will have the ability to send/receive picture messages?

No. Sorry. Mms is handled by 3g. None of the roms have the ability to receive picture messages by using wifi. The bug with this rom is that when you receive a pic message while connected to wifi it won't download and when you try to send one while connected to wifi it won't send.

You can always use fb messenger or something like that to send pic messages (or if both you and the other person use handcent and are logged into your handcent account you can send/receive pics over wifi that way)

Thank you, mighty Lord Vincent 90 - off to CWM I go, suckling the nectar of the Android gods... :)

Attachments

• 1385666817243.jpg
    1385666817243.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 90
M'Lord. Might I pick your brains about other ROMs for the Prevail? Something that may cross-pollenate to this lowly, common Boost phone? :cool:

M'Lord. Might I pick your brains about other ROMs for the Prevail? Something that may cross-pollenate to this lowly, common Boost phone? :cool:

:rofl:
aye mineth cat'r-cousin . is thith'r a specific topic thou wisheth to breaketh with?

:rofl:
aye mineth cat'r-cousin . is thith'r a specific topic thou wisheth to breaketh with?

M'Lord, mine wishes notwithstanding, I've partaken every ROM as per the Forum provideth, and the ROMs that other FORA provideth; I also embark'd upon a quest to XDA, as well as CyanogenMod (they offer mere insignificance, and doth thinkest me a commoner!) I beseech thee, M'Lord, for an ICS/Jellybean ROM compleat, all drivers in function. I thanketh thee.1385726812828.jpg

alas, such a creature dost not existeth. the ics roms simply lack the existence of such driv'rs. they art proprietary and not available to ingraft folk.

I wanted to copy this in from the CyanogenMod 10.2 D$710 thread, where I had gotten some assistance Lordvincent 90, and since I had gotten assistance from scaryalien, as well, I thought it befitting to paste this in to this dying thread. hroark's CM7 Mod is what I've arrived at for the Prevail that my fianc

Attachments

• 1385981814281.jpg
    1385981814281.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 80
Lordvincent 90, for the record, was my assistance for the live wallpaper link for hroark's CM7 Mod; it was scaryalien who turned me on to hroark's Mod. 51 years old, have an over 500 song repertoire, and never forget a lyric or chord change; put me in an online forum, and I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember @#*!). My most humble apogies to the people who helped me, and to anyone who reads my posts. I sincerely hope that any readers don't get psychic whiplash. Thank you.

Lordvincent 90, for the record, was my assistance for the live wallpaper link for hroark's CM7 Mod; it was scaryalien who turned me on to hroark's Mod. 51 years old, have an over 500 song repertoire, and never forget a lyric or chord change; put me in an online forum, and I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember @#*!). My most humble apogies to the people who helped me, and to anyone who reads my posts. I sincerely hope that any readers don't get psychic whiplash. Thank you.

Don't feel bad. I'm getting ready to hit the big 45 and I experience CRS quite frequently. lol. Thanks for the laugh!! I needed that 1. :rofl::rofl:

Bro, I got my feet wet with an HTC EVO 4G back in late 2010, and it was cats like ocnbrze, 'EarlyMon the PearlyMon', Lordvincent 90, and scaryalien that have helped me - great cats, all of them. The Prevail I'm running now is overkilled with a class 10 32 gB SD card, and a selection of ROMs like CT-MOD 3.80, hroark & company's CM7 MOD w/SD-EXT partitioning (currently running), CM9 3.5.5 Kang (what a shame about proprietary drivers, huh?), MEGATRON 6.2.5 (nice for spoken alarms that can say what you write, like "Wake up, @#*^+-!!", but it almost feels like a Sense ROM), tremor's 187 Honeybread, et al... original zips reside between the Download folder, and the CWM zip area. They all have computer and Nandroid backups. Being a professional musician, I've got a fairly substantial 114 song mp3 playlist, and there are many apps - less than 5 apps were bought at the Play Store; most are lite versions, and one of the paid for widget apps only works on certain ROMs (!). I hope that shows you where I'm at. I still have 21 gB remaining on SD. I'm no expert, but I know enough to hurt me (haha). Be well, my friend. LW

Bro, I got my feet wet with an HTC EVO 4G back in late 2010, and it was cats like ocnbrze, 'EarlyMon the PearlyMon', Lordvincent 90, and scaryalien that have helped me - great cats, all of them. The Prevail I'm running now is overkilled with a class 10 32 gB SD card, and a selection of ROMs like CT-MOD 3.80, hroark & company's CM7 MOD w/SD-EXT partitioning (currently running), CM9 3.5.5 Kang (what a shame about proprietary drivers, huh?), MEGATRON 6.2.5 (nice for spoken alarms that can say what you write, like "Wake up, @#*^+-!!", but it almost feels like a Sense ROM), tremor's 187 Honeybread, et al... original zips reside between the Download folder, and the CWM zip area. They all have computer and Nandroid backups. Being a professional musician, I've got a fairly substantial 114 song mp3 playlist, and there are many apps - less than 5 apps were bought at the Play Store; most are lite versions, and one of the paid for widget apps only works on certain ROMs (!). I hope that shows you where I'm at. I still have 21 gB remaining on SD. I'm no expert, but I know enough to hurt me (haha). Be well, my friend. LW

AH HA! So you've been around awhile then!! LOL. I just noticed your stats and see the you joined in 2011. Guess I should have looked at that before ASS-uming you were new to the forum. (facepalm) :D Well nice to finally meet you! :)

I see you've also tried a good many of the ROMs in here. I agree with you on the CM9 Kang too. That ROM has so much potential only to be stopped by freaking drivers. It's a d*mn shame. Oh 1 more thing, 187 is TheSkater's. LOL :p

Getting late and I've got to fill out a hire packet for a drug and alcohol counselor position in the morning. Interviewed yesterday, went well and it looks like I may just have myself a new job. Wish me luck!

Later bro. :)

Back
Top Bottom