• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEAD][ROM] CTMod Admire - updated 4/14/2013

Did that, did everything for the MMS to and it still doesn't work. I can live with it, although it's a bit of an annoyance. It did this before this update as well, but I got concerned why it happens. However, I installed OA and thats when it first started. Went ROM hunting to find a stable rom and it kept happening. This is my favorite ROM because of its sleek looks and such. Shame this problem happens here too. Love your ROM and I'm keeping it, hopefully I'll find a way to fix it ;)

Thanks, welcome to the forums and I hope there is a fix too.

Did that, did everything for the MMS to and it still doesn't work. I can live with it, although it's a bit of an annoyance. It did this before this update as well, but I got concerned why it happens. However, I installed OA and thats when it first started. Went ROM hunting to find a stable rom and it kept happening. This is my favorite ROM because of its sleek looks and such. Shame this problem happens here too. Love your ROM and I'm keeping it, hopefully I'll find a way to fix it ;)

your MMS got messed up because most roms here are for Metro not Cricket. your MMS problem is fixable. I not entirery sure how to fix it but i think i know someone who might. I know SACREDBLOODLIN has Cricket and he always repacks the roms he flashes with the proper Cricket stuff to have data and MMS working for him on boot. you should pm Sacred

i installed 3.8 today and i noticed a few things..

some settings are messed up for example: in settings app, click 'show all' on the bottom then under wireless & networks, clicking 'more..' causes fc. in display settings, clicking brightness causes fc. under sound settings, in the general column, clicking on volume (to view the volume sliders) causes fc. unsure if there are others.

and you said there is adblocking in this rom, can you explain how this works? i still see ads in my apps. iFunny for example. thanks for this rom

another thing - I just tried the YouTube app. when it told me to get the play services framework I did. but upon install it says "installation failed due to incompatibility with other apps using the same shared account" (or something similar to that). I remember it worked fine on 3.75

edit: even tho play services didn't install.. YouTube works anyways now
edit, again: youtube will play videos but you can't login without the play services

i installed 3.8 today and i noticed a few things..

some settings are messed up for example: in settings app, click 'show all' on the bottom then under wireless & networks, clicking 'more..' causes fc. in display settings, clicking brightness causes fc. under sound settings, in the general column, clicking on volume (to view the volume sliders) causes fc. unsure if there are others.

and you said there is adblocking in this rom, can you explain how this works? i still see ads in my apps. iFunny for example. thanks for this rom

So many bugs... :I

another thing - I just tried the YouTube app. when it told me to get the play services framework I did. but upon install it says "installation failed due to incompatibility with other apps using the same shared account" (or something similar to that). I remember it worked fine on 3.75

edit: even tho play services didn't install.. YouTube works anyways now
edit, again: youtube will play videos but you can't login without the play services
Alright I'd suggest you revert back to 3.75 until i fix the bugs

Alright I'd suggest you revert back to 3.75 until i fix the bugs

I can live through it for now, my phone still functions.. BUT also, upon charging my phone - I get settings fc again every time I plug my phone in. CANT be cpu related because my CPU settings keep reverting to default automatically.

edit: found another! when in a call, if i press end to end the call - the phone reboots itself. if my partner ends the call, everything is fine.

i flashed over....lets see.... last couple roms were oa2.3oc/ /// lunargen////oa2.3oc again... ctmodadmire 3.75//// and upgraded to 3.80... had afformentioned bug....also tried fresh flash with 3.80...same results

i flashed over....lets see.... last couple roms were oa2.3oc/ /// lunargen////oa2.3oc again... ctmodadmire 3.75//// and upgraded to 3.80... had afformentioned bug....also tried fresh flash with 3.80...same results

Well as i said to a few people... I'd flash 3.75 its way more stable. I just havent got a chance to fix the bugs, i only have 800mb left on my harddrive.

Back
Top Bottom