• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Firmware OTA Update

I don't know about any other changes but in my music player some of the Genre's have suddenly started appearing and i haven't done anything except made the library re-scan my music after i had updated a few days ago.

Not sure if this is because of the update but they definetly weren't there before the update the other day......

I don't know about any other changes but in my music player some of the Genre's have suddenly started appearing and i haven't done anything except made the library re-scan my music after i had updated a few days ago.

Not sure if this is because of the update but they definetly weren't there before the update the other day......

My Genre is all Unknown, how do I rescan my music to refresh it?

How To Detect Which ROM currently used?

I was tried to update ROM but everytime I tried I got this message

fmjko0.png

The ROM update utility can not update your android Phone
Please get the correct ROM Update and tried again

:(

Best Regards

Jauhari

Odd - mine just stayed in the phone and ! in a triangle screen. Popping battery got me back into my normal phone, no update applied. Will wait until voda hits me with it, I think ;)

I've tried the manual method a couple of times using the update.zip, when pressing up volume and power I get:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
then I select Apply sdcard:update.zip
It starts installing then aborts with:
assert failed (then lots of text)
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)

Just got a message about a new firmware update from the standard firmware version.

Anyone else know anything?

I know i've updated to the new Vodafone one and there are no issues as far as i can tell. It solves a few connection issues and drop put issues but nothign major afaik

just checked and got the same message, version 1.21 ... my phone is unlocked but has a t-mobile sim in it

Same update here, can't find anything about what it is supposed to do other than change bootloader to 0.80 from 0.75.

yeah it would be good to know the differences, but cant see a log file anywhere. thought HTC would have one on their site

Vodafone had an update that fixed a problem with reconnecting after losing reception and it also apparently fixed the facebook contacts bug. The release number for that was 1.19.161.5

On a slightly positive note I guess, my phone actually turns off properly now.
Still I would rather a 10 minute shutdown time and working Wi-Fi.

check out the official HTC support site, you'll see this,

Update – HTC Legend and Bravo Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
In our commitment to providing you with the best user experience, we are pushing out a new firmware update to your phone. Your phone will receive a notification of this update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software Number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software information> Software number). The new software number after the update will be 1.31.405.4 on HTC Legend and 1.21.405.2 on HTC Desire. Note:We recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. For any questions, please contact us via http://www.htc.com/www/CA_Hotline.aspx

One of my friends who also have a desire points out that some video/audio synchronization issues he had (specifically, with youtube) before are now gone.

Back
Top Bottom