• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Firmware OTA Update

Another one here with no WiFi. Update went okay but now "unable to start wifi". Any ideas? Do I need to re-flash my previous firmware?

Nuts. I flashed 1.21.405.2 from xda the other day and had to back everything up.

If I'd known they were going to start rolling it out today I wouldn't have bothered!

Can you guys check something for me?

Log in to your youtube account using the youtube app, then put the youtube widget on your homescreen. Then tell me if it says 'loading' instead of displaying the most watched videos.

Really? I did a manual update a couple of days ago and have no problems with wi-fi

Maybe it's just scousers.

If I Update this OTA what is the affects on my current rooted phone (apps on sd card and such.

Thanks in advance

Is it available to you?

You'll almost certainly lose root access.

This update isn't all that new though. The manual update version has been knocking about for a couple of weeks and most of the custom ROMs that are knocking about on modaco and XDA are based on this 1.21 update. So if you want to keep root and get the update, just flash to one of those ROMs.

1.21.405.2 is the version number.

edit: there might be an issue with the new bootloader version in this update... I think I read that somewhere. Read up before doing anything.

Is it available to you?

You'll almost certainly lose root access.

This update isn't all that new though. The manual update version has been knocking about for a couple of weeks and most of the custom ROMs that are knocking about on modaco and XDA are based on this 1.21 update. So if you want to keep root and get the update, just flash to one of those ROMs.

1.21.405.2 is the version number.

edit: there might be an issue with the new bootloader version in this update... I think I read that somewhere. Read up before doing anything.

Yeah just manually preseed check for update and its there

For the people wondering what's changed in this FW, this is what I've noticed since I installed:

New Bootloader
New Youtube app (1.6.20 e)
New radio image

Stuff I've heard others report (please confirm):

Some connection issues fixed (switching from wi-fi to 3g)
Facebook/unknown contacts issue fixed

Bugs I've noticed:
Youtube widget reads 'loading' instead of showing most watched videos (only occurs when you're logged in to your youtube account)
HTC News widget still doesn't auto-update

Anybody notice anything else?

Yeah, I read that elsewhere. Weird.

And it was a standard OTA update, yeah? You weren't rooted or anything?

Course not. Be a while before that comes our way.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the June 23rd rumours either.

Yeah! Totally broken WiFi.

Updated, then "Unable to start Wi-Fi". Re-booted, battery pulled, etc. Nothing helped. No good to me without WiFi so have re-flashed back to previous for now.

How did you go back to previous version. I cant do without WiFi.

Can you give step by step instructions for doing this? I've lost wi-fi after the update too. Should I backup before installing a new ROM or is it too late?

I basically did the same thing that I did when I debranded my phone.

You need a goldcard (Lekky has a guide on his website) then I installed the
RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4. 06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.exe from RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4. 06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.ex - xda-developers

I said it was from Modaco earlier which was my mistake.

I suspect if your phone is already a generic one then you can just download the zip from that thread and follow;

Originally Posted by i6bazar
It worked for me today.
Procedure I used :
1- Copied the zip file on the uSD Card
2- Renamed the zip file to PB99IMG.zip
3- Turned off my desire
4- Turned on by using VolumeDN+Power keys
5- Selected fastboot
6- Desire loads the zip file then asked me if I wanted to flash the new ROM by pressing the VolumeUP Key
7- Restarted 2 times and the new rom was there

The procedure didn't worked if I tryed to rename the zip file into update.zip and went in the recovery menu, I got an error like "invalid keys detected"

The way I did it completely wipes everything.

That's how I updated mine too. can confirm that it's safe and has no issues with wi-fi.

Make sure to back everything up first. Mybackup pro has a free 30 day trial.

One thing that seems to have been fixed as well is the mail client now works with my IMAP account that has an invalid certificate.

Back
Top Bottom