• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][ALPHA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4g LG-MS910

Nahhh are you on the same forum i am on no one has it working yet . Or shall i say ask that forum member to post how he or she got it to work .

You can put them wherever you want, but generally the root directory is best as that makes it easier to find when you get into recovery to install.

Yes you could use the app or u can just put ypur fingers to work and hit the phone dial pad and punch in *#*#4636#*#* and u should make sure data enable in the bottom right if sill no data make sure u are on cdma lte evdo auto.and if that dont work look into a full downgrade and upgrade . U need to reset the ril back .

No joke when (I have faith) this is finished I got $100 to share between Sas/PG and anyone else who devoted time to this rom. $100 to me is worth it instead of a new phone.

I think this will work now cause of this zve update and the extra files and folders . Now that we have access and help to tmobile towers .i think the ril will work now

Hopefully someone can get this functioning.But honestly its been a long time to the point where I don't think it can be done.

I think this will work now cause of this zve update and the extra files and folders . Now that we have access and help to tmobile towers .i think the ril will work now
Please be a good little guinea pig and try it for us, then report back here post haste.:o;):D:smokingsomb:

Well i tried both old and new zips from pg and sas but nothing and remember sash made some changes . I have tried to update prl and swapp some files :eek::mad: nothing

I installed, but in the setting I can not find the external SD card, and can not connect to wi too.
I am metro PCS.
Please help, I like CM10 in my phone.

I installed, but in the setting I can not find the external SD card, and can not connect to wi too.
I am metro PCS.
Please help, I like CM10 in my phone.

It doesn't have a properly working RIL(Wifi, calling, texting, etc) and it can't read external. Not sure if it can read internal either, but this is a work in progress so it is not fully functional. Not meant to be used as an everyday rom.

My lg esteem soft touch buttons stopped working and the nexus 4 dropped in price so I got it. I hope this eventually works though. Good luck guys.

Well, seems development has slowed to a halt...
Sad too, but I suppose we all have to move on
Just one more question if you gents will...
How stable is it in it's current state? Even without RIL fully working?

hello folks!!

Sadly I've not been working on this, to be honest have just moved on to working on other devices etc along with real work. I can pass along my dev esteem to anyone who is willing and will continue to work on it tho. Person needs to actually work on and etc etc tho, I have sent a couple esteems to people and either never heard from them again, got lame excuses as why they didnt do anything, or simply, they didnt do anything. So I want to make sure it goes to someone who will actual work with it. All my src etc is on github and I think sas's is as well.

Sorry I couldnt get CM working on the esteem like i had planned, it really did/does have potential for what it is.

It's all good bro, the Esteem is still a neat little device for what it is either way:D
I feel it's almost a relief we can finally put this little phone to rest ;)

Back
Top Bottom