• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Developer Team Optimus M Discussion

BobZhome have me another kernel test last night, still no touchscreen :(

John, you should tell him what you did to get it working. ;) he could start getting us CM9 and 10.

I sent him an email on android central - we shall see. I cant claim all the credit though - some friends here in illinois have been helping me fiddle with it. Also working on a custom rom build for the moto cliq xt. (i do not like that phone at all.)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
:thinking:
just start with the phone in e-mode and use LGNPST to unbrick.

It will change the SPC to 000000

Yeah I got it unbricked... going through the process of restoring everything now. This was the first time i bricked an LG... at least now i know how to fix it when it happens again lol. Thanks again sammyz for that method :)

method for correcting the zerod out items seems to be not working...."unable to build buffer" still trying

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
mad props to androidhogs for helping fix an odd problem : so heres the question... when using this method---> http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/558063-guide-using-lgnpst-stock-2-2-2-a.html,

spcs changed itself to zero's , and all of a sudden the old spc worked after changing meid.... perhaps the guide should be updated for such an extenuating circumstance (also super props tosammy for the guide.)

Huh. It usually leaves the spc zeroed out after fixing meid..strange.

Upvote 0
Huh. It usually leaves the spc zeroed out after fixing meid..strange.

yeah it was wierd... the first commands were accepted with spc all zeros... but then wouldnt write anything until we rewrote the old meid. (it reverted back to the original spc.)

now that's all over with haha, its time to reroot and keep plugging away at that ics port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones