• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Developer Team Optimus M Discussion

ok so the bobzhome build of ics with the anyrom kernel... touchscreen is messed up lol wow. I did see somethings of interest when looking through device logs..

W/ScreenRotationAnimation( 1337): Unable to allocate freeze surface
W/ScreenRotationAnimation( 1337): android.view.Surface$OutOfResourcesException

Which suggest there might not be enough RAM in the device - "Out of resources" usually means there isn't enough memory.
Note also:

I/SystemServer( 1337): Input Method Service
W/InputManagerService( 1337): Couldn't create dir.: /data/system/inputmethod

It seems possible the "input method" referred to is the touchscreen, so that could explain the problems, although I did not find much when googling for that second line. The failure to create a directory could be due to insufficient storage space on the device.

But the worst looking errors i have are near the top of the system log:

E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): Error reporting WTF
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.wtf(RuntimeInit.java:345)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at android.util.Log$1.onTerribleFailure(Log.java:103)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at android.util.Log.wtf(Log.java:278)

"WTF" is supposed to mean "What a Terrible Failure" but of course you know what it actually means ;) A null pointer exception is a type of program crash that shouldn't ever happen (such crashes are not anticipated, so they have no error handling).

Well if your flashing bobzhome ics for ov and using reppard kernel it Wont work on cyanogenmod9. Reppards kernel only works on stock ics.

-1 ... i was checking out the alpha optimus m build that phubu mentioned. why on earth flash an optimus v rom.

If you were checking out CM9 it would be +1....
The alpha has 10x more problems, no sd card reading, all apps fail, data fails, signal fails...etc.

If you were checking out CM9 it would be +1....
The alpha has 10x more problems, no sd card reading, all apps fail, data fails, signal fails...etc.

fixing the problem with the screen would help out greatly with other builds.

with some help from "android hogs" and some guys i know locally; There should be a working ics adopted version on saturday. "fingers crossed"

[edit: upon first official build, android hogs has first dibs. i did what i could, dude's been hella helpful and deserves props. props to the forefathers.]

We need a working ics build, this would be like a new heart transplant to our phone lmao...revive the m forum.

its been a few days lol - still working. DEV day going down in a few hours. Smoked my motherboard - built a computer... what a week.

Back
Top Bottom