• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root disable browser zoom buttons?

cggorman

Android Enthusiast
Between pinch and tap zooming, the zoom buttons are now just in my way. Is there a way to disable them?

Between pinch and tap zooming, the zoom buttons are now just in my way. Is there a way to disable them?

From what I've seen...just on Cyanogen can you remove them...that's a bitch isn't it? I hate them as well. I could see the need for them without pinch to zoom but now the only reason I could see someone needed them would be for on handed operating when you need to zoom in more than just a double tap will take you. I've never needed to do that though...lol

One of the many reasons I can't get away from cyanogenmod. Getting rid of the zoom buttons and fullscreen browsing is awesome

Ugh, I hate the zoom buttons, too. Their footprint is bigger than the actual buttons, so if you scroll while in landscape with your right thumb, you'll find it not scrolling because you were within 1/2" of the zoom buttons. My thumb is almost in the center of the screen and still not scrolling because of the stupid buttons that will never be used. I'm using NexTheme but might have to try Cyanogen just for this one annoyance. I tried xScope browser but don't really like it as much as built-in browser.

Where do you turn the zoom buttons off in CM7? I cannot find the option. Or is it off by default and somehow MailDroid is turning it back on?

Back
Top Bottom