• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DL30 Touchwiz Froyo at xda

Has jt given up on voodoo for dl30 or did you not necessarily mean in the above order?

afaik jt/birdman are still actively working on voodoo for dl30

Awesome, can't wait!
Yeah without kernel source there's only so much they can do. jt is trying for voodoo already and bird has a semi working .32 kernel built from i9000 source. In reality we might have to wait for OTA release but once that happens it should be fast and furious

When i try to get in to CWM it loads half way then goes to samsung boot screen. It never allows me in to green.

OH DAMN. I CAN FINALLY connect to my PC USB MASS STORAGE! HOLY SH!T! A breakthrough. I havent been able to do this since day one!

How is Video for everyone? It works, But it only works 50/50 for me.
I will record a minute and watch it. Then i will record again and try to watch it and it will be a black screen. I have to cancel it out.. Try it in another player and it says, Video Can not be played.

I used odin for file cwm_froyo.tar.

I am rooted on DJ05. From Rom Manager I click on ClockworkMod Recovery. Reboot in Recovery Mode.

Takes me to Android system recovery (2e)

I hit apply sdcard:update.zip

open box orange arrow, little android dude , status bar gets to about 20% then it kicks out to the Samsung screen , then goes back to Android system recovery (2e) screen.

I am trying to install DL30 that is on my SD card. What do I need to do?

scratch that, found answer, update.exe is messed up, have to use previous version of update.exe

I have been playing with this for a couple hours now. I have come to a solution for my Video problem. The only thing else that i see wrong, and i can not fix is this..

First i am DL30 and DJ05

when i go in to my ringtones they are freezing up the phone. I fixed permissions and that doesnt work. I can listen to one and then choose another, But when i select it, It freezes the phone. Sometimes it shuts it right down. Everything else seems to be running fine on the phone. That i can tell. What could it be?

Did you remove any DRM apks? I noticed similar issues with Video player hanging and ringer selection FCing when I removed a couple of system apks with "drm" in the name. Restoring them made everything work again.

Didnt work . I checked the files. I havent deleted or changed anything. All video and audio files force close and freeze the phone whenever i try to run them.
I wiped data 3 xs cleared cache 3 xs.
No voodoo is installed.
Flashed the clean Rom the the froyo zip.
Am i missing something?

Got it. I had to use the DL30 Leak zip file. I was using the Cleaned up Rom and it just wasnt working for me. I dont know if i write over the Leak file if it will work, But for now, Im just going to leave it alone and Titanium stuff on and off.

There are several additional issues with the SC roms that don't exist in the DL30 leak.

What I've observed about the full leak:

Widgets randomly disappear from your homescreens.

Launcher (TW) tends to crash/FC more often than usual.

Email app is garbage - FC's constantly and it's totally unusable.

There's a couple more that don't come to mind. The stock dialer is really terrible, but at least it works most of the time.

If you go SuperClean - you can eliminate the TW crashes by using Launcher 2.2 or LPP, and the Email.apk is replaced by a fully functional AOSP version. Good stuff, right?

However - you will then run the risk of media issues, sleep-bug, and / or power button weirdness, with the occasional complete lock-up (requiring a battery pull or 3-finger salute). There are also some media/drm issues that rear their head from time to time.

I'm running a hybrid, I based it off the leak, but removed some of the buggy, fail-ridden stocks apps and replaced them with AOSP and/or Adryn and jt modded version of them (Car Dock, Email, DeskClock, among others...) and I run LPP so I don't have to worry about TW crashing.

It's the only thing that worked for me. SuperClean is awesome, way more polished and faster than stock, but stock leak has a few less issues right out of the box, other than the terrible stock apps. YMMV.

I have noticed my weather bug app/widget,Fails to load when i restart the phone. I sent it to the trash bin but left it running.

So while it is not on my home screen, It is still telling me my weather in the upper left corner of my screen. I can then pull down menu and click if i want detailed info. I think i actually like that more. And i save space on my screen for other things.
I haven't noticed anything else you mentioned yet. I am using Launcher Pro and it is responding fine, two days running so far.

Back
Top Bottom