• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DM47021][OSIRIS / TDP ] Warp Sequent Development

its not a defect with the phone, per say... crappy hardware is the issue, cant use it on certain usb chipsets/ports. im telling you that is the only problem, ask superr he has one computer that does exactly that and 2 others that work fine with it

I have one computer that won't work with fastboot at all. I have another that has one usb port that fastboot works with. I have a laptop that all 3 usb ports work with fastboot. lol

For the record, none of them have usb 3 and all of them have usb 2. Go figure

no luck with fastboot boot either.

That's strange...mine is definitely a special case.. my first n861 did not have this issue on the same pc... and it does the same thing you where describing...it will send but not write...I've also tried different computers Linux Windows superr's recovery flasher...doesn't ever want to write...

well i mean, your phone is different than ours though. you have the public mobile one, and after you bricked yours in testing they might have decided to lock it down

well i mean, your phone is different than ours though. you have the public mobile one, and after you bricked yours in testing they might have decided to lock it down

Lol I thought so too...but I had a backup of my partitions from my first one..and still.... I can't explain it...I also don't think there's any physical difference between our two phones..it's all firmware and software...

I managed to get root and cwm. both using new methods we oncovered yesterday. root is extremely easy, easy like it was back in the gingerbreak days

posted 2 new threads addressing the new methods

I had made a mistake when I posted the command... it is ''fastboot oem unlock''.... I tried it and no change but I thought id clarify...I also tried a few variations but no luck... I really wonder why some of our n861 accept fastboot flash but others dont...

cheap ass phone doesnt like to play nice with usb connections in fastboot. thats all it really is im sure. and there is a possibility the official update changed the vendor and or device number, that could cause issues as well

hell mine would fail fastbooting all the time on my old computer, it would give me a fail to recognize error, and then if i unplugged it and plugged it back in it wouldnt even see it as being plugged in anymore. it was actin all kinds of stupid

cheap ass phone doesnt like to play nice with usb connections in fastboot. thats all it really is im sure. and there is a possibility the official update changed the vendor and or device number, that could cause issues as well

hell mine would fail fastbooting all the time on my old computer, it would give me a fail to recognize error, and then if i unplugged it and plugged it back in it wouldnt even see it as being plugged in anymore. it was actin all kinds of stupid

Yeah mine sends the image but doesn't write it...it just hangs there...I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of the n861 compared to the n860...

they went for more features but didnt wanna pay anymore for parts, so they just went lower quality... they both probably cost the same amount to make though the sequent has a larger screen, better processor, and im sure a few other upgrades. zte phones are pretty flaky but there are some good ones in the bunch. other than the fact that my battery is shot to hell mine has never really given me any issues past the whole crappy zte coding thing

they went for more features but didnt wanna pay anymore for parts, so they just went lower quality... they both probably cost the same amount to make though the sequent has a larger screen, better processor, and im sure a few other upgrades. zte phones are pretty flaky but there are some good ones in the bunch. other than the fact that my battery is shot to hell mine has never really given me any issues past the whole crappy zte coding thing

The screen size and processor are actually the same.... just the screen definition is different and the processor was factory over clocked...

Yup. And whatever. We arent any further along other than we now have a WHOLE NEW carrier to try and support.

Dont take it improperly. Public Mobile can only bring new devs and enhancements, but at this point it is very confusing.

Honestly, a dedicated section may be required. Users think the n860 roms/patches are applicable to the n861, even though they arent. Im also seeing the inability to upgrade. (Really, you PM guys/gals dont have a software update tool?! Thats ignorant.)

Yup. And whatever. We arent any further along other than we now have a WHOLE NEW carrier to try and support.

Dont take it improperly. Public Mobile can only bring new devs and enhancements, but at this point it is very confusing.

Honestly, a dedicated section may be required. Users think the n860 roms/patches are applicable to the n861, even though they arent. Im also seeing the inability to upgrade. (Really, you PM guys/gals dont have a software update tool?! Thats ignorant.)

Well there really isn't enough content to justify an entire root section for the public mobile n861... and much like you suggested in your post, I am trying to port the b11 over to public mobile and that would put us all on the same playing field...as for your comment about development not being any further, have you looked at the new oc kernel dtm has made for b11? Dm is helping him on this and having the two of them on one device is deadly! Development is continuous forward movement as far as I'm concerned...:)... and not to mention the other devs on this phone..this is looking like a very well supported device..as for the confusion level for support for our device, it's all pretty much the same just the online update tool doesn't work for our phone because it is really made for the boost mobile version. But our phone has a official stock Rom that flashes on stock recovery. And we have different radio configuration so anything that has to do with mmcblk0p8 is not compatible...:) just as an example, if you flash the Rom I'm working on(it doesn't contain a radio), it's public b07 ics, it will work just fine on your boost mobile phone but you won't have functioning mms(picture messages) ...So it gives you a pretty good idea how close or devices are. Our b07 ics Rom is a revision of your b09 ics Rom. :)

The screen size and processor are actually the same.... just the screen definition is different and the processor was factory over clocked...

Actually. Both are MSM8655, warp was factory underclocked, on qcoms website it states 8655 clocked at 1.4ghz. Warp2 has more ram. a qhd screen, better speaker. different wifi / bt and radio is different

Actually. Both are MSM8655, warp was factory underclocked, on qcoms website it states 8655 clocked at 1.4ghz. Warp2 has more ram. a qhd screen, better speaker. different wifi / bt and radio is different

Interesting I thought it was the other eat around...

I am currently running DTMs kernel, so yes. Ive heard of it lol. But last i knew, PM cant run it.

Basically i was referring to a gentleman in the PM thread. He was confused about which phone was his. I think a section for PM would help alleviate that confusion. It would also help keep the newb boost users a bit less confused.

Im not knocking the devs this phone has. Not at all. I just cant see this device going any further than it is. Its not exactly a wildly popular phone.

Also, why would the update tool work on one carrier and not the other? If zte is really that bad at maintaining their device, i really cant see PM devs getting anywhere with it. Especially if the whole kernel is different. Hell, it took the boost version almost a year and a half to get kernel sources. You guys probably never will. (Yes i get that radio is different.)

I am currently running DTMs kernel, so yes. Ive heard of it lol. But last i knew, PM cant run it.

Basically i was referring to a gentleman in the PM thread. He was confused about which phone was his. I think a section for PM would help alleviate that confusion. It would also help keep the newb boost users a bit less confused.

Im not knocking the devs this phone has. Not at all. I just cant see this device going any further than it is. Its not exactly a wildly popular phone.

Also, why would the update tool work on one carrier and not the other? If zte is really that bad at maintaining their device, i really cant see PM devs getting anywhere with it. Especially if the whole kernel is different. Hell, it took the boost version almost a year and a half to get kernel sources. You guys probably never will. (Yes i get that radio is different.)

Kernel is different because it uses ION instead of PMEM for memory allocation. so the rom also must be compiled to use ion

Ok, that makes sense. Maybe im just not informed. Please continue as you were. Youll get no further comments from this portion of the peanut gallery. And i apologise if i offended anyone. Wasnt my intention.

So Iam doing something i havent done in a long time.
Cooking up a non aosp rom for the Sequent.
this baby is already looking really good.
thats all iam going to disclose right now

Back
Top Bottom