• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you still use Facebook? Why?!

I'm still used facebook, because start from 2010, facebook become my library, because all ebooks which i'm collected, is there, although only the first and last pages with some note (title, writer, pages, and size in KB)
and as back up, put on several DVD, email (yahoo had 1T space)n and now put on telegram (which have big, big space ~ after upload 14,000 ebook and for free)

I'm still used facebook, because start from 2010, facebook become my library, because all ebooks which i'm collected, is there, although only the first and last pages with some note (title, writer, pages, and size in KB)
and as back up, put on several DVD, email (yahoo had 1T space)n and now put on telegram (which have big, big space ~ after upload 14,000 ebook and for free)
Really digital visual devices?

I'm probably the only one who truly misses Google+. It wasn't the cesspool that Facebook was, and it was nice to have an alternative. Now it's just mainstream (more like lamestream) services ala Twitter, Meta/Facebook and government surveillence. The only alternatives are uber-right wing cesspools. I'm a republican but I'm not THAT right!

What really gets me is how critical thinking, questioning narratives, and healthy skepticism over blindly believing everything is now called 'misinformation' and deleted on site. So only the bias is allowed.

I'm probably the only one who truly misses Google+. It wasn't the cesspool that Facebook was, and it was nice to have an alternative. Now it's just mainstream (more like lamestream) services ala Twitter, Meta/Facebook and government surveillence. The only alternatives are uber-right wing cesspools. I'm a republican but I'm not THAT right!

What really gets me is how critical thinking, questioning narratives, and healthy skepticism over blindly believing everything is now called 'misinformation' and deleted on site. So only the bias is allowed.
I miss Google + sometimes, I used to talk with a few people on it, but it was just one of those things that was kicked out too soonish imho, it was at least the best, one of my former bowler friends, I glanced at her p.c. and wow, she had around 50 messages on google plus.. I was thinking "Why would she just do that, and does not wanted to open up to anyone.." She was the silent type.

I've been using fb lately. It's definitely not my thing. I was an early adopter of the site and it was .. well just kind of fun. It was a good tool to reconnect with old friends back in the day. Recently I have rejoined the pit it has become to expand coverage for invitations to a class reunion I'm helping organize. I do not have the app on my phone or any device for that matter. I have been logging in nightly to check for responses from classmates. Post reunion.... I will not be browsing to fb.

I've been using fb lately. It's definitely not my thing. I was an early adopter of the site and it was .. well just kind of fun. It was a good tool to reconnect with old friends back in the day. Recently I have rejoined the pit it has become to expand coverage for invitations to a class reunion I'm helping organize. I do not have the app on my phone or any device for that matter. I have been logging in nightly to check for responses from classmates. Post reunion.... I will not be browsing to fb.

Need a band for the reunion? ;) ;) http://www.s-cats.com

I played for a high school reunion. It was fun because I played for school dances when I was in school. But man! Those people got really, really old. :D

Need a band for the reunion? ;) ;) http://www.s-cats.com

I played for a high school reunion. It was fun because I played for school dances when I was in school. But man! Those people got really, really old. :D
Having your band would be cool... just to meet you would be very cool.
I am in charge of the music... imagine that. :) A live mic and playlist consisting of all the songs that charted in the top three at some point during our four years. I put my library on a laptop that will serve as my player so I can take requests. And yes, we are old... class of 1970 :)

I joined facebook when it was only opened to college students, and it remains my primary contact for the majority of my non-local friends. Back when facebook started converted the stuff we typed into text fields ("I like history, cycling, and pc repair") into pages that we had to like, I decided to lower my ad-profile and remove all the personal info like religion, politics, interests, etc. I don't like or follow pages, and I use firefox with multiple extensions (disconnect, facebook container, etc) that hopefully disrupt facebook's ability to collect compile info on me. Plus, thanks to another extension, I don't see ads....so facebook's ability to capitalize on me is fairly marginal.

All Facebook did for me is find me a girlfriend. Now we just chat via SMS when we're not together (she lives a few states away). As I said earlier, I cannot login because they enforced some very confusing 2FA and I consider lack of social media a blessing, even though all the futurists out there want me to be ostracized from society for that belief.

Hey futurists! I also cut the ground pin off the plugs of my tools, and intentionally remove the polarized plugs from everything, and replace them with non-polarized plugs because I am not an idiot and don't need your safety culture! I also deleted all the GFCIs from my home too! At least I can plug stuff in either way now.

Hey futurists! I also cut the ground pin off the plugs of my tools, and intentionally remove the polarized plugs from everything, and replace them with non-polarized plugs because I am not an idiot and don't need your safety culture!

Every electrical device I've bought since 2008 has had non-polarised US style two prong plugs on them. The US only uses 110VAC for electrics, but we got the same plugs with 230VAC. :thumbsupdroid:

I also deleted all the GFCIs from my home too! At least I can plug stuff in either way now.

I've not gone that far, especially as the RCDs/GFCIs in the apartment don't belong to me. But I do look after my own safety culture, especially when I find a very hot 5amp light switch, was switching a 3kilowatt water heater.

Last edited:
GFCIs only became a thing because idiots kept using hair dryers in the bathtub and folks using power tools with wet hands/wet feet in the garage. They'd solve their own problem, only instead the governments decided to protect them from their own stupidity so now they breed and we get the political landscape of 2022.

Me personally was just sick and tired of having half the kitchen dead because a couple of phone chargers were enough to freak out the GFCIs. Couple that with me being locked out once because the garage door wouldn't open due to the garage GFCIs tripping during a hard rain, for no reason. Maybe it's because I have worked around electricity so much I'm no longer afraid of it, but if you're too stupid to not use a drill with wet hands or plugging in electrical cords with wet feet (something we were taught NOT to do in fifth grade!) then I feel zero sympathy for you if you die. But they decide we all must suffer for a few idiots. Well, screw that. I want a drill that works until the job is done, not shut itself down because of 'motor stall' just because some nimrod twisted his wrist or something.

Last edited:
Speaking of fb and my recent return, I hooked up with a childhood friend recently. I'm talking best of buddies / neighbors from age 5 to 10. He and his wife drove across the state today and we met for dinner. His parents were like my second parents. We had a great time revisiting that innocent time of our lives. Though I'm no fan of fb I will admit that we would have never met again without using it. As bad as fb is, I'm glad the vehicle exists.

Of course, of course, social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or even Taimi dating allow people to get acquainted and find people close in spirit. If you imagine the world 10-15 years ago, it's scary to imagine how you could find an old friend or girlfriend with whom you haven't spoken in a long time and have no idea where they are now. And with social media, everything, even new dating has become much easier and more effective.

Last edited:
Sadly, face-to-face interaction is going the way of the dodo. I can't count the number of times I've seen two people sitting together, both of 'em glued to their phone screens instead of actually talking.

Then, If I'm trying to talk to someone, they are overtly hostile and don't have any real personality skills, as you've just broken them away from their TikTok. People are getting even more introverted, and more comfortable with their screens and virtual existence instead of interacting with real living, breathing people. A sad reality for a social species.

I pity anyone dating today, as they'd be more comfortable in an app vs. face-to-face. To say nothing of the infamous 'green bubble text' hatred should the other person **gasp** have an iPhone!

Quite frankly, if I could travel back in time, say, to the mid-1980s, I'd be a lot happier.

Sadly, face-to-face interaction is going the way of the dodo. I can't count the number of times I've seen two people sitting together, both of 'em glued to their phone screens instead of actually talking.

Then, If I'm trying to talk to someone, they are overtly hostile and don't have any real personality skills, as you've just broken them away from their TikTok. People are getting even more introverted, and more comfortable with their screens and virtual existence instead of interacting with real living, breathing people. A sad reality for a social species.

I pity anyone dating today, as they'd be more comfortable in an app vs. face-to-face. To say nothing of the infamous 'green bubble text' hatred should the other person **gasp** have an iPhone!

Quite frankly, if I could travel back in time, say, to the mid-1980s, I'd be a lot happier.
I am talking with my girlfriend face to face, about every shift I am over there, does that brighten you up? :)

I wish he'd bring Google+ back. Infinitely better than Facebook. Not sure why Google keeps killing their best stuff! Inbox, Play Music, Reader, etc.

On topic:
Just recently connected with two of my best friends on f.b., both are angelic people. :) (Who I know since I was in my twenties)

On topic:
Just recently connected with two of my best friends on f.b., both are angelic people. :) (Who I know since I was in my twenties)

Well I was angelic both on Facebook, and Whatsapp, and I still got banned." And there's apparently no way to appeal or reset it.

Maybe Elon Musk will buy Facebook, and solve these problems for us.

This is all i can get out of FB and Whatsapp. I just see a "ACCESS DENIED You are not allowed..." and no other options.
fb.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was angelic both on Facebook, and Whatsapp, and I still got banned." And there's apparently no way to appeal or reset it.

Maybe Elon Musk will buy Facebook, and solve these problems for us.

This is all i can get out of FB and Whatsapp. I just see a "ACCESS DENIED You are not allowed..." and no other options.
View attachment 164759
Mine I do get "Account warning" for something so stupidly dumb of older post, I think the snowflakes are out to get me lol...

Back
Top Bottom