• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DroidX 2.2.1 (Blur Versions 2.3.320) now available in the TBH app

I didn't try it. No. I like my speed and blurlessness too much. I guess I loaded it in more out of curiosity than desire for it. I don't expect I'll start using the 2.2.1 until people begin to write roms/themes for it.

However, I am lurking around here looking for something new to try out. Thinking of maybe taking a look at RubiX 1.6. Post whore, Rom/theme whore. I don't care what people think of me. ;)

Have a good day, my friend. :)

Have you tried SSX by ChevyNo1? I am running it and like it a lot thus far, it is themed with blue, similar to the Galaxy S. Also, it is update.zip so you can try it out by installing it over your current theme and while there be a few extra apps, if you like it, you can freeze or delete the extras or apply it over a clean install.

Upvote 0
Absolutely not! I refuse to pay for leaks! Or support anyone that holds them hostage

Well, I understand to a certain degree and of course I do respect your opinion but there is all kinds of stuff in the app besides leaks. Boot logo changer, 3G hotspot patcher/unpatcher, Motorolas 3G hotspot app, MLB/NBA/NFL wallpaper apps, Tranquilty ROM and of course some system only SBF files that really saved my ass a while back.

P3Droid provides the Android community with a lot of stuff we may not see otherwise, or not as soon anyways. AND it's only $1.99.... if it was like $15-$20 I would be upset too. Kinda like when DrewGaren was charging $20 to beta test for him lot to long ago :eek:

Anyways.... I know its not about the $$$ but I would be more than happy to Paypal you the money to purchase the app with if you feel so strongly about it. That way it's not your money supporting the app.

GMB

Upvote 0
I'm sure there is alot of stuff that comes with the app now, but at the beginning of the project it wasn't the case. Leaks should be given to the community when they are available. Holding them back unless you pay is a practice that just cannot support. I'm sure P3 does a lot for the community and I don't want to bash anybody here. Its a principle I choose to stand by, and if you agree then thats great, if not, I respect that as well. I'm not going to bash my beliefs over anyones head. And thank you for offering to pay for the app. That is very generous of you. It isn't about the money however.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI for anybody using this or interested in using it. Very interesting statement by CellZealot regarding this leak,

CellZealot said:
You will have a variety of problems that may show up in different ways if you continue using this version without the new kernel that it is supposed to run on.

People will do as they choose to, but we do not recommend using this release at all right now.

If we are diligent and clever enough, we may find a solution but it does not look promising at all.

Motorola is being very persistent and thorough in the way they are throwing up new hurdles for us to defeat any current exploits we have and future ones we may devise.
It is their directed intent to make modifying your phone too complicated and dangerous for the average user to consider.
They have all the resources at their disposal to do this and will continue with even more sophisticated and challenging blockades with the next generation of phones.

We really have our work cut out for us despite having the access we do to internal files. We will always be playing catchup to their schemes and machinations.

This is just the nature of the beast and they have every right to do things this way if they so choose.

It's up to us to step up the game and meet the challenge!

DroidX 2.2.1 (Blur Versions 2.3.320) now available in the TBH app

GMB

Reactions: OMJ and sund0wn
Upvote 0
Its not the stagefreight values causing problems.

P3Droid
Okay: Update, TBH will not be publicy releasing the DX/D2 upgrades, new moto security disables some features when not upgraded w/kernel.
P3Droid
I personally apologize for any confusion, but if we release it, you will not have media (camera, mp3, video) everything else works

Upvote 0
CellZealot said:
You will have a variety of problems that may show up in different ways if you continue using this version without the new kernel that it is supposed to run on.

People will do as they choose to, but we do not recommend using this release at all right now.

If we are diligent and clever enough, we may find a solution but it does not look promising at all.

Motorola is being very persistent and thorough in the way they are throwing up new hurdles for us to defeat any current exploits we have and future ones we may devise.
It is their directed intent to make modifying your phone too complicated and dangerous for the average user to consider.
They have all the resources at their disposal to do this and will continue with even more sophisticated and challenging blockades with the next generation of phones.

We really have our work cut out for us despite having the access we do to internal files. We will always be playing catchup to their schemes and machinations.

This is just the nature of the beast and they have every right to do things this way if they so choose.

It's up to us to step up the game and meet the challenge!

I think this might be enough to make me completely give up on Motorola. As if the locked bootloader isnt enough that have to go to more effort beyond that. The constant changing of the keys so we cant use old sbf files, and now this stuff that is broken without a new kernel. It might be time to move on to HTC or Samsung phones.

Upvote 0
I think might be enough to make me completely give up on Motorola. As if the locked bootloader isnt enough that have to go to more effort beyond that. The constant changing of the keys so we cant use old sbf files, and now this stuff that is broken without a new kernel. It might be time to move on to HTC or Samsung phones.

A very reluctant+ 1

Upvote 0
I think this might be enough to make me completely give up on Motorola. As if the locked bootloader isnt enough that have to go to more effort beyond that. The constant changing of the keys so we cant use old sbf files, and now this stuff that is broken without a new kernel. It might be time to move on to HTC or Samsung phones.

What are our options? I've been Motorola all the way since StarTac. I've glanced over the Incredible. Which phone has the best ROMs?

Upvote 0
What are our options? I've been Motorola all the way since StarTac. I've glanced over the Incredible. Which phone has the best ROMs?

I am looking to get a fascinate. Early next year there will be a bunch of new LTE phones like the Incredible HD and the Merge.

For roms the inc is probably the best. It isn't locked. Up and has been out significantly longer than the x so devs have had more time to cook and more oportunity to port things over from other devices

Right now the Inc is the best option for roms although once the galaxy S line gets Froyo there should be a lot roms for the fascinate as well.

Upvote 0
I'm a moto use from Star Tac thru Razr all the way to DX. I'm also done with them after my one year contract is over. If I can find a cheap Fascinate, I'll get that for now.

I had a moto timeport back in the day. It was a sweet phone for the time. Might've jumping in the anti - moto train with the rest of you. But what is on the way that will be comparable to the DX? Will HTC be stepping up their game? I've never been a big Samsung fan buy my lady buys everything they make... washer/dryer, fridge, u name it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones