• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped phone in water

Hi i dropped my optimus v in a running sink but i quickly grabbed it.i quickly put it in a sealed bag of rice and removed everything. After 24 hours, i removed it to test it out and and it worked but there is still some water under the screen that is visible with a white background. What can i do to remove the water from under the screen please help!

Thanks

Hi i dropped my optimus v in a running sink but i quickly grabbed it.i quickly put it in a sealed bag of rice and removed everything. After 24 hours, i removed it to test it out and and it worked but there is still some water under the screen that is visible with a white background. What can i do to remove the water from under the screen please help!

Thanks

put it in a humid area maybe in direct sunlight,hair dyer. i would not panic and wait till it dries its water i would advice you not use it till it does dry though my opinion.

Upvote 0
put it in a humid area maybe in direct sunlight,hair dyer. i would not panic and wait till it dries its water i would advice you not use it till it does dry though my opinion.

I wouldn't do any of those. If the water damage sticker isn't already activated, putting the phone in a humid area is sure to set it off. Also, your phones manual most likely says NOT to ever leave your phone in direct sunlight. Using a hair dryer could damage your phone more than help. I would say your best bet is to slip it right back into that bag of rice until it dries completely.

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
I turned it o after being in rice for 2 days and some water stil appears to be under there against a white background. Should i refrain from turning it on for how long? i dont wanna risk ruining my phone by taking it apart so what should i do?? Please help i need my phone. Also the water sticker on my battery has already turned pink so what should i do?
THanks
Edit: I took it apart but found no water underneath or in the phone so I reassembled it and there still shows something under the screen.. What now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones