• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [e2nam][Unofficial] CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG F60 (MS395)

When I ran the CM12 build for a few days it was really laggy and slow, would constantly hang and take several seconds to open an app. Reading around the LG Leon forums I read that the partitions are in f2fs and that when wiping with twrp I needed to check use RF or w/E it is, and iirc I thought I saw that mentioned once for our phones... Is that what would have caused my poor running rom? Didn't format the partitions right before install?

CM 12 for the f60 has been around since April. Yes there are plenty of bugs and camera does not work. I don't know if there is going to be anymore development for this device. Our main dev has moved on.

When I ran the CM12 build for a few days it was really laggy and slow, would constantly hang and take several seconds to open an app. Reading around the LG Leon forums I read that the partitions are in f2fs and that when wiping with twrp I needed to check use RF or w/E it is, and iirc I thought I saw that mentioned once for our phones... Is that what would have caused my poor running rom? Didn't format the partitions right before install?
If you flashed a rom that also flashed a kernel that only ran on a f2fs filesystem it wouldn't boot at all on a device that has a ext3 filesystem. Recursive format (rm-fr) doesn't do anything to the partition's filesystem. Twrp under advance wipe, let's you change the fs of a partition. Having a system partition as a f2fs fs wouldn't be much of a difference than ext3 because the system partition is read-only and f2fs mainly focuses on increased write speeds. Basically the laggy UI is probably due to the kernel.

It is possible to have both a ext3 and f2fs filesystem setup but that is not the situation here. UI runtime is unaffected by this.

Last edited:
Thanks for your effort dude!!!!
I'm feeling tempted to try it but.......still no camera :(
what the heck is wrong with this phone :mad:

Yeah seriously, I even made a stock based ROM, camera works fine on my phone but others have errors -_-;;

Really what's wrong with LG cameras???

Thanks for your effort dude!!!!
I'm feeling tempted to try it but.......still no camera :(
what the heck is wrong with this phone :mad:
Camera isn't that great anyway lol. Stock just can't compare to cm it's way faster look at my available RAM. I'd be lucky to have 200mb free on stock. I just carry an extra phone for pictures sucks , but it works
uploadfromtaptalk1437587308622.png

To. Noobified

BTW, new CM12.1 update is really great. Phone's snappy, good material look & feel, 4G LTE works right at the setting (no need to skip login and update APN from Setting option). Thanks for all your effort on this one :)

Camera isn't that great anyway lol. Stock just can't compare to cm it's way faster look at my available RAM. I'd be lucky to have 200mb free on stock. I just carry an extra phone for pictures sucks , but it works View attachment 91192
damn that's sweet, I know the phone camera sucks but it get the work done and carrying my old LG Motion 4G just for taking pictures is a pain lol.
I will backup everything today and I will install the new ROM when I get out of school, according to Bard is really good :)

Here is a screenshot of my RAM usage right now using stock, will post a new one after installing the new ROM :). My phone is rooted and I have frozen a lot of LG/ Metro crappy apps :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-22-15-13-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-22-15-13-04.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 129
Update

Anyone having hard time turning on Wifi & searching available Wifi signal?
With recent CM12.1 07/22 update, I can't turn on Wifi.
4G LTE is working great though.

Update

Anyone having hard time turning on Wifi & searching available Wifi signal?
With recent CM12.1 07/22 update, I can't turn on Wifi.
4G LTE is working great though.
That's weird WiFi works just fine for me. Did you full wipe data? Try just deleting /data/misc/WiFi and reboot the phone.
3ec05767686cc4508b2e49a7d183c4e2.jpg

noo i know you did the build for leon as well thats why it never hurts to ask lol as for the camera theres a chevan dev i dont remember the alias fully but he fixed a few cameras before and the one on the ms323 i believe maybe he could help if the lg lollipop firmware release wont come.

Wifi works well with 0723 version. It instantly finds out available signals :)
Good job & thanks!!

I know a lot about roms not deep into it just the main things and i wanted to just add my 2 sense to see if i could push you guys i really hope you all can fix the camera

Back
Top Bottom