• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

Really? I guess I just don't see the point in the whole pinch zoom for the home screen.

The fact that a Hero is running 2.1, with Sense and pretty well it looks is cool though.

idk it's pointless...but it looks cool...new anyways :p. most people wont use it, but some will. im sure you can still swipe to the different home screens.

Upvote 0
Really? I guess I just don't see the point in the whole pinch zoom for the home screen.

I think the idea is that you can expand it too see all 7 screens at once, and then select the screen you want. I would rather there was just a button/icon you could push that would show all screens as mini windows, and then you could select which one you want. But I honestly don't mind swiping through the screens. It's kind of fun actually.

Upvote 0
I would rather there was just a button/icon you could push that would show all screens as mini windows, and then you could select which one you want. But I honestly don't mind swiping through the screens. It's kind of fun actually.

I find it annoying and a bit of a waste of time swiping through the screens. Even after carefully, thoughtfully, constructing them in the most expedient order for my uses.

The icon with the screen choices is something I've hoped for in an app coming along; and I'm not much of an app person, preferring what they put in there stock, for the most part.

Upvote 0
I find it annoying and a bit of a waste of time swiping through the screens. Even after carefully, thoughtfully, constructing them in the most expedient order for my uses.

The icon with the screen choices is something I've hoped for in an app coming along; and I'm not much of an app person, preferring what they put in there stock, for the most part.

do u want my sincere and honest opinion?? install a Root, install a ROM and forget about the OTA (no, really) it seems like the OTA offered by the Manufct'r will be pretty stripped down so that each device's processor withstand the load. I personally gave up on the waiting and downloaded the Smoked Glass ROM

AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Smoked Glass v4.1 - White or Blue Clock *Updated 2/10*

im sick and tired of waiting for Moto...:mad:

Upvote 0
So I emailed HTC yesterday asking about 2.x ..

here was the response

I understand how important it is to have the latest updates for your device. While it has been announced that the Eris will be receiving an update to a newer version of the Android operating system in early 2010, the exact date of when an update will be available has not been announced yet. It has also not been announced yet the exact version of the OS that will become available. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at support forums at community.htc.com. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested.

Philip
HTC Technical Support
HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs
HTC (htc) on Twitter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones