• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

This was posted on the HTC Droid Eris Facebook Fan Page yesterday...hopefully it won't be at the end of March...

Quote:
HTC Droid Eris Just to remind all of the patiently waiting fans of the Droid Eris, when Verizon announced the Eris update on December 4th, they said the planned release would be sometime in Q1 2010. January 1st - March 30

Some more updates from the Facebook page:

HTC Droid Eris The update *when available* will rollout to around 25% of Droid Eris users to begin, then progressively be sent out over a period of days to the remaining users. It will be sent out as a message letting you know that a mandatory update is needed and will give you instructions on how to perform the update process.

Upvote 0
Some more updates from the Facebook page:

HTC Droid Eris The update *when available* will rollout to around 25% of Droid Eris users to begin, then progressively be sent out over a period of days to the remaining users. It will be sent out as a message letting you know that a mandatory update is needed and will give you instructions on how to perform the update process.

They just need to get this released. I bet they're probably sitting on their computers reading about all of us talking about the update as they're playing with their Eris with 2.1 on it.

Upvote 0
The fact that they are making mention of it on their facebook page makes me think that we will see the update within 2 weeks.

Nothing scintific but just a hunch.

This is the most mention that HTC has made about the Eris upgrade up to this point.

But it's not HTC's facebook page, it's just a fan page. It could be any one of us posting these updates.

Upvote 0
best way to tell when the eris will get updated, look for 4 more android phones to come to verizon, and the nexus one is on android 4.7, the eris will then get android 2.1, in the year 2012

Right before the world ends, you'll hear a "bling!" and look over to see your new OTA update. As soon as you accept, Saturn will come crashing through your living room, and you'll die. Me, personally, I'm hoping it to be Uranus. It'll be great explaining, in the afterlife, how I died.

Upvote 0
Right before the world ends, you'll hear a "bling!" and look over to see your new OTA update. As soon as you accept, Saturn will come crashing through your living room, and you'll die. Me, personally, I'm hoping it to be Uranus. It'll be great explaining, in the afterlife, how I died.

And OfTheDamned will be explaining why she was in the hottub with megan fox, and others like me will be explaining why were we looking with our android phones in hand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones