• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Esteem Problem Thread-Post All Issues Here

android market on rom ld lg 3.5 downloading app an error 498 shows up every time:confused:

It is not rom or phone specific but a problem on googles end. Doesn't seem to be a fix yet from what I can see. Try clearing the cache in both google play and google play services as well.

Hey guys i need some help when i try rooting my esteem nothing happens...
i clicked on run.bat it starts daemon successfully but it just remains saying it.
i let it sit there for several minutes but still nothing i restarted my phone and computer and even ran the bat file as administrator still no success. Any help?

Hey guys, i have searched for a solution to this problem for months now and no answer, my phone wont connect to any pc thru USB, i have installed the drivers several times, i wont even get a notification on the phone, when i connect it to the pc i get a fail connection sound, most times the pc wont even give me a notification for software install (or lack of) but when it does it always says that the device can not be installed, the phone charges fine both from the pc or wall adapter, please, i need some help from the gurus, i've searched and searched and all the advice i find its "make sure u enable it on the notification bar" or "use the LG USB wire only" and stuff like that, non of which has worked for me, very many thanks in advance guys

Hey guys i need some help when i try rooting my esteem nothing happens...
i clicked on run.bat it starts daemon successfully but it just remains saying it.
i let it sit there for several minutes but still nothing i restarted my phone and computer and even ran the bat file as administrator still no success. Any help?

Sounds as though your device is not being recognized as an ADB device. Once the phone is plugged into the computer those drivers should be installed.
My suggestion first off is to restart the phone while it is still plugged in to attempt to get those drivers to install. If that doesn't work-uninstall the driver package from the computer and reinstall.
Insure that you are using the USB cord that came with the phone as well.
You can check if the phone is recognized as an ADB device by opening device manager on your computer-should show at the top once opened.

Hey guys, i have searched for a solution to this problem for months now and no answer, my phone wont connect to any pc thru USB, i have installed the drivers several times, i wont even get a notification on the phone, when i connect it to the pc i get a fail connection sound, most times the pc wont even give me a notification for software install (or lack of) but when it does it always says that the device can not be installed, the phone charges fine both from the pc or wall adapter, please, i need some help from the gurus, i've searched and searched and all the advice i find its "make sure u enable it on the notification bar" or "use the LG USB wire only" and stuff like that, non of which has worked for me, very many thanks in advance guys

What firmware version on you on:confused:
Are you using the drivers provided from here or another source:confused:
Try restarting the phone while it is still plugged into the computer.
Also uninstall the drivers from your computer-disable any antivirus/malware/firewall settings(they can block installation) and reinstall. Hope it works for you:)

Thanks for the input big, I'm running #2 2.5.2, with speed kernel, not themed, set at normal clock, i have tried uninstalling the drivers and installing them again, i got them directly from LG, and im stalling them thru the support tool, i have tried using the LG USB cord to no avail, disabled antivirus, shoot most of the times it doesnt even show up on the device manager of window 7, i even tried connecting it to a XP VM running on W7 and side-along Ubuntu and nothing, very few times it actually shows up, and when it does it tells me it cant install the drivers, even tho i already installed them, so I'm pretty sure it has to be on the phone side, also it does it on any computer, not just mine, the only thing u mentioned that i havent tried its rebooting the phone while its plugged into the pc, i'll give that a try and let u know what happens

Did a factory reset then installed #2 v 2.6.1 and now the only way i'm getting texts is through the 10digit@mymetropcs.com. I've used GoSMSPro and the stock messaging app, same thing happens with both, works for about a day then all the messages show pending on my end but the wife says she gets them all and replies back but nothing on my end.

Hey guys.. A few months ago the bottom capacitive keys started to slowly give out.. Started with the home button only working when i pressed on it really hard, which probably made it worse but was the only way for it to work, then the rest started to do the same. Next thing you know they all dont work now.

Also towards the middle of the phone the touch screen doesn't work. So let's say I want to drag a widget from top to the bottom of the screen I can't lol. Since the buttons don't work I've been using the button savior app but its quite annoying lol. I'm sure it's hardware problems and there's no fix but felt like ranting since I can't afford to get another phone right now lol.

My phones mic or headset will not work in call. I have to put the phone on speaker to hear and be heard. I'm running the latest #2 with plagued kernel. I have tried multiple times with a fresh install but can not get it to work correctly..

My phones mic or headset will not work in call. I have to put the phone on speaker to hear and be heard. I'm running the latest #2 with plagued kernel. I have tried multiple times with a fresh install but can not get it to work correctly..

It could be that the mic/ear speaker has failed. Had a speaker fail on the first esteem I purchased after only a month.
Just be sure the volume settings are not muted(as I'm sure you already have).
Should not be ROM specific- could always flash a different one to rule that out.

flash black plauge rom to rule it out and come to find out it thinks headphones are plugged in. never could tell with #2 since the icon does not appear in the notification bar. but with black plauge i can clearly see my phone thinks headphones are plugged in. it jumps on and off at will and at random times. there is no method to its madness..

Help please

flash black plauge rom to rule it out and come to find out it thinks headphones are plugged in. never could tell with #2 since the icon does not appear in the notification bar. but with black plauge i can clearly see my phone thinks headphones are plugged in. it jumps on and off at will and at random times. there is no method to its madness..

Help please

Try cleaning out the headphone jack with rubbing alcohol (not too much) and qtips

Help please

I had the same problem,when I'm on a call and have my headphones on and try to to like check something the sound will just go away and I have to go back to screen call that way sound will come back on.
Its probably an app that has to do with calls, since I uninstall a a call recorder app, the issue was gone

So I tried the rubbing alcohol. Thought it was fixed but randomly happened again. I know it's not an app issue cause I have not installed any new apps. This is really becoming a pain in the button. It anyone else has any suggestions please through them out there.

Can anyone tell me why rom manager won't let me backup to the external sd card on this phone? Also, what is in the blobs that take up so much space?

Gturn read the cwm touch thread. It will help you.

Back to my problem, found out it is showing the headphone problem when my phone gets hot.. Someone help, is there an app to just disable the headphones. Or can someone explain if I can just edit my phones files to think I have no headset jack?

Gturn read the cwm touch thread. It will help you.

Back to my problem, found out it is showing the headphone problem when my phone gets hot.. Someone help, is there an app to just disable the headphones. Or can someone explain if I can just edit my phones files to think I have no headset jack?
Which thread are you referring to. I searched this forum and didn't find anything.

I have any cut and been looking but I can't find it.. Been looking through that for awhile, if anyone else knows where it would be greatly appreciated

Does anybody have a copy of the stock ZVD rom? I tried to restore mine in clockworkmod And it is giving me an md5 mismatch error. I also tried the 1 from the stock adonns thread in this forum and it won't work either

Back
Top Bottom