• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Esteem Problem Thread-Post All Issues Here

try plugging the phone into the computer and restarting it while still plugged in. Thinking the adb drivers failed to load for you the first time you attempted it.
Then try the process again. If it still won't cooperate uninstall everything including the drivers and the test mode files and start anew with your antivirus/malware programs disabled.

am i restarting the phone while plugged in or the cpu? Every time i restart my phone while plugged in, nothing happens on my cpu. It doesn't recognize my phone, only until i restart the phone then plug it in. I'll try restarting the cpu next.....thanks for the quick response gbiggie!

hey guys I'm having an issue with my cdma. this is the rundown.
I'm using Doverted Rom 1.4 (zvD) with BlitzKrieg 2.6.35.7 Kernal. I've been using this stable for 3 months, had gingersteem x before... anyways
Yesterday morning everything was fine. (last call/texts made) I did my daily thing. turned rhapsody on, went biking, then to the gym. Last night I noticed an issue with an app (IG) and did a battery pull. (I use 2 battery's so a battery pull is a once a day thing) when It booted I noticed the time was wrong, and the Date said Jan 5 1980. No calls or texts go out. My 4G Data works fine. *228 doesn't connect. I went to phone info and noticed my number was gone, and my programming info was reset. (all 00000's in the fields) I did the whole ##626* and reprogrammed my info (yes i used my correct numbers) after a reboot... same problem no cdma calls or texts. Don't know why I still have 4g.
Any Idea's?
my metro guy told me to return to stock, and go to the main metro store for a warranty issue. Only problem with that... I don't have a stock ROM, or backup to flash. I HATE stock and never wanted to use it. sucks battery and phone power stock.
if I need to return to stock, how do I get rid of CWM and go back to LG's recovery?

My phones mic or headset will not work in call. I have to put the phone on speaker to hear and be heard. I'm running the latest #2 with plagued kernel. I have tried multiple times with a fresh install but can not get it to work correctly..

I had that issue. try another rom/kernal.

Does anybody have a copy of the stock ZVD rom? I tried to restore mine in clockworkmod And it is giving me an md5 mismatch error. I also tried the 1 from the stock adonns thread in this forum and it won't work either

I had the same issue as you trying to go back to stock. I effed up and didn't do a stock pull or backup. I DL ones from online but the Md5 sums are mismatched

hey guys I'm having an issue with my cdma. this is the rundown.
I'm using Doverted Rom 1.4 (zvD) with BlitzKrieg 2.6.35.7 Kernal. I've been using this stable for 3 months, had gingersteem x before... anyways
Yesterday morning everything was fine. (last call/texts made) I did my daily thing. turned rhapsody on, went biking, then to the gym. Last night I noticed an issue with an app (IG) and did a battery pull. (I use 2 battery's so a battery pull is a once a day thing) when It booted I noticed the time was wrong, and the Date said Jan 5 1980. No calls or texts go out. My 4G Data works fine. *228 doesn't connect. I went to phone info and noticed my number was gone, and my programming info was reset. (all 00000's in the fields) I did the whole ##626* and reprogrammed my info (yes i used my correct numbers) after a reboot... same problem no cdma calls or texts. Don't know why I still have 4g.
Any Idea's?
my metro guy told me to return to stock, and go to the main metro store for a warranty issue. Only problem with that... I don't have a stock ROM, or backup to flash. I HATE stock and never wanted to use it. sucks battery and phone power stock.
if I need to return to stock, how do I get rid of CWM and go back to LG's recovery?

Sounds like your in test mode.
Proceed here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4388618
:thumbup:

I just got out of test mode a week ago i was about to flashing plague kernal again then BAM!!! rom manager was acting screwy stopping mid process and giving an exclamation point over the robot then ultimatelty failing.. i tried to reflash recovery to refresh the app but think it got corrupted.. like a dummy i tried to boot into recovery anyway and I'm stuck in fastboot mode now..essentially bricked. is there a way out.. thanks

I just got out of test mode a week ago i was about to flashing plague kernal again then BAM!!! rom manager was acting screwy stopping mid process and giving an exclamation point over the robot then ultimatelty failing.. i tried to reflash recovery to refresh the app but think it got corrupted.. like a dummy i tried to boot into recovery anyway and I'm stuck in fastboot mode now..essentially bricked. is there a way out.. thanks

Does the phone boot up at all?
Just into recovery or the triangle:confused:

Yes it boots.. The triangle over the droid is what i saw when i initially was trying to flash the plague kernel... I was unsuccessful after 3 attempts. Then decided to redownload the recovery in ROM manager. I don't think it went well. I think i got an incomplete download. I tried to reboot into recovery again..i know i shouldn't have, but i did. When it rebooted it , it didn't go into recovery it gave me some DOS looking jargon in the upper left hand corner. That's where I'm @.. Thanks got you ingest and any info

Yes it boots.. The triangle over the droid is what i saw when i initially was trying to flash the plague kernel... I was unsuccessful after 3 attempts. Then decided to redownload the recovery in ROM manager. I don't think it went well. I think i got an incomplete download. I tried to reboot into recovery again..i know i shouldn't have, but i did. When it rebooted it , it didn't go into recovery it gave me some DOS looking jargon in the upper left hand corner. That's where I'm @.. Thanks got you ingest and any info

The droid over the triangle means you had no OS/ROM on the phone when you attempted to flash the kernel.
Are you doing everything through ROM manager or old school:confused:
Old school is much easier;)
Take a shot of what your screen displays please-then we can attempt LGNPST to try and recover it.
Hey it boots...it still has life you know:):thumbup:

I dont know if this has been addressed, but I can't find it.
Wen trying to flash a rom. this tome ldrifta's 2.5, I get the message from Rom anger saying "error processing Rom Manager script"
I am am CMR V6.0.1.1
It tells me to report the error, and to make sure I am using Rom manger 4.0 or above. I am using the latest version of Rom Manager premium.
Androoid version 2.3.4
Baseband version MS910ZVD-M7X30-AABQMLYM-4040
Kernal version 2.6.35.7-perf lg electronics@lgearnd3U5#1
uild number number 2(#)v2.1
SW version ms910zvd
Hope I have given all info necessary
:afraid:

It said that after i tried to boot into clockwork recovery instead of going into recovery it just said that. The pc won't recognize it in that state.

I dont know if this has been addressed, but I can't find it.
Wen trying to flash a rom. this tome ldrifta's 2.5, I get the message from Rom anger saying "error processing Rom Manager script"
I am am CMR V6.0.1.1
It tells me to report the error, and to make sure I am using Rom manger 4.0 or above. I am using the latest version of Rom Manager premium.
Androoid version 2.3.4
Baseband version MS910ZVD-M7X30-AABQMLYM-4040
Kernal version 2.6.35.7-perf lg electronics@lgearnd3U5#1
uild number number 2(#)v2.1
SW version ms910zvd
Hope I have given all info necessary
:afraid:

Try unistalling Rom Manager from the phone-reboot the phone-and reinstall it the app and try again. I've always manually flash Roms so not too familar with the app.

guys ive got a prob,sometimes i get the lil x on my bar coverage,never get to see 4g,3 show up wen i turn off my wifi,and sumtimes i try airplane mode and it gets stuck,theres times i go to settings about phone and all my numbers are there,and then theres times wen i click about phone it says blah blah has stopped unexpectedly and wont let me go in and see info,ive wipped everything numerous times wen install roms,im currently on #2 2.5,it never use to give me probs,reason why i stuck with it,should i bk up everything and go bk to stock rooted and then erase everything on card and phone and start over,im clueless any help would b appriciated thank you all

Is there a why to boost Bluetooth signal output? I can't get more than a foot away and my headset starts cutting out. Tried flashing the b/t fix but that was a no go. Its been working fine, but it started after the LCD broke and I replaced it. As far as I can tell everything else works perfect. I've already tried all the b/t tips and tricks in all the posts I could find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Is there a why to boost Bluetooth signal output? I can't get more than a foot away and my headset starts cutting out. Tried flashing the b/t fix but that was a no go. Its been working fine, but it started after the LCD broke and I replaced it. As far as I can tell everything else works perfect. I've already tried all the b/t tips and tricks in all the posts I could find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

If it started fudging up after the lcd was replaced, if it were mine, I would dismantle it again, reseat the connectors and reassemble again slowly. If it still messes up, maybe you got a bad screen. I've seen other phones freeze during calls after replacing the screen. It does funny things.

(Was gonna make a topic but this is the right place for this)

I was undergoing the process of getting my phone out of test mode for the second time (First time happened like 5 months ago) and (This is the only thing I remember doing any differently and most likely where I flubbed up) when i was referring to the System NAM1 Picture, I noticed that there was a difference in my ACCOLC (It was two at the time) and my preferred voice option for home p... (The first of the trio) It was EVRC. So genius me thought to change the values to match what I saw online, proceeded as normal and I thought my phone was fine, Up until I was on the phone with CS and couldn't dial, well the phone was literally not dialing, so CS told me to go to a store and see if they could get it fixed. So after hanging up, I tried *228, Busy signal and Unsuccessful message. Then some time goes by, I try again, same issue, So i use my house phone to call it, and the phone rings, I hear myself on it, and everything is normal, just...can't make outgoing calls.

I know its not my bill because it's paid, so now I turn to the experts (You guys) for help.

Ah, I should also mention that it's Rooted running Number 2 v2.8.1.

Hey guys. I was trying to downgrade to zvb by following the post on this forum. i followed perfectly and everything seemed to go fine and it downgraded but when it got done my phone is stuck in a boot loop. i know it downgraded because everytime it reboots it has welcome to metro pcs. any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom