• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Esteem Problem Thread-Post All Issues Here

Hey guys. I was trying to downgrade to zvb by following the post on this forum. i followed perfectly and everything seemed to go fine and it downgraded but when it got done my phone is stuck in a boot loop. i know it downgraded because everytime it reboots it has welcome to metro pcs. any suggestions.

Try the volume rockers and power to factory reset or if it takes you to CWM something went wrong in the downgrade process. Option two would be to upgrade the phone to ZVD.

Try the volume rockers and power to factory reset or if it takes you to CWM something went wrong in the downgrade process. Option two would be to upgrade the phone to ZVD.

Thanks for responding. i haven't been home all day. Got called in to work this morning on my day off. I got the problem taken care of though. I don't even remember at this time all the things i did to fix it. Basically i figured out that it was rebooting when data came on. some how it got changed in the system as a gsm. I was able to change it back and it is working fine now.

i posted a comment about my external sd card not reading or mounting a while ago but now my phone doesnt read the internal memory which is much worse ! i got irritated and started messing around with stuff.. ended up deleting my phones system on clockwork recovery, so now my computer cant recognize my phone because the storage isnt working which means i cant download any roms to fix my phone (clockwork still works). when i restart my phone it just stays blank after the lg logo. any tips for a fix ?

Edit: okay i just recovered my phone with the lg tool. fixed the problem although it still doesnt read external sd cards ;/

ok i got the test mode againg. the last time i got it i took it in to metro and they fixed it. so i took it againg this time nd i guess this they couldnt fix it cus "its rooted" so now i dont know what they did that my phone wont get passed team win recovery. i tried flashing a new rom wipping internal everything and wont get past recovery. is there another thing that i need to flash so my phone can work??
:(

ok i got the test mode againg. the last time i got it i took it in to metro and they fixed it. so i took it againg this time nd i guess this they couldnt fix it cus "its rooted" so now i dont know what they did that my phone wont get passed team win recovery. i tried flashing a new rom wipping internal everything and wont get past recovery. is there another thing that i need to flash so my phone can work??
:(

They prolly tried to do a factory reset using the option within the settings. Flash your last back up, or flash any rom really, that may work.

My computer can no longer read my external sd card. Only shows the internal and thats it. I tried a reboot, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but still doesnt work... Any ideas?

I had that problem and its funny cause i tried everything and do u know what it was the dammmmm sd card was gone . Yes that sd card was causing the problem if u have another sd card that works . Put in phone and formate it and plug up . Then try the sd that was in the phone first in the computer and see if it shows up .

Hi, I have an issue with my phone not being able to send anything to the external sd card, I have ZVE, rooted with LDrifta last ZVE rom.
Looking in setting it shows it as mounted, but I can send anything there,so i is useless.I flashed the rom and revoery to that card, and CWM can see it,so why cant the phone?? I'm confused,

Oh man, where to start?

My keyboard will not work. At all. Switching input methods sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Games will load for literally 5-10 minutes either resulting in a reboot or allowing me to play until it crashes
I am unable to make calls from my contacts, recent call lists or even the menu from my texting app. If I push to call more than once my phone will sometimes call that person hours later, begin a three-way call or not do anything.
Answering calls works probably 1/10 times.
I sometimes get the froyo answer screen instead of the gingerbread (I'm guessing that's the case. I hadn't seen the new call answer screen until recently and it is definitely different than the one I have answered the entire time).
Almost every app force closes.
Sometimes it will charge and sometimes is doesn't at all. It may stop and start for hours until it finally finishes.

There are definitely more problems but those are the ones that are driving me mad.
Not really looking for a fix, because this phone is just a piece of crap - I'm just hoping to let people know with some of the same problems, they're not crazy :]

Hi, I have an issue with my phone not being able to send anything to the external sd card, I have ZVE, rooted with LDrifta last ZVE rom.
Looking in setting it shows it as mounted, but I can send anything there,so i is useless.I flashed the rom and revoery to that card, and CWM can see it,so why cant the phone?? I'm confused,

Try fixing permissions in CWM

Oh man, where to start?

My keyboard will not work. At all. Switching input methods sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Games will load for literally 5-10 minutes either resulting in a reboot or allowing me to play until it crashes
I am unable to make calls from my contacts, recent call lists or even the menu from my texting app. If I push to call more than once my phone will sometimes call that person hours later, begin a three-way call or not do anything.
Answering calls works probably 1/10 times.
I sometimes get the froyo answer screen instead of the gingerbread (I'm guessing that's the case. I hadn't seen the new call answer screen until recently and it is definitely different than the one I have answered the entire time).
Almost every app force closes.
Sometimes it will charge and sometimes is doesn't at all. It may stop and start for hours until it finally finishes.

There are definitely more problems but those are the ones that are driving me mad.
Not really looking for a fix, because this phone is just a piece of crap - I'm just hoping to let people know with some of the same problems, they're not crazy :]

How many apps do you have installed? Any custom rom?

Tried that ,didnt work, any other suggestions please. It's frustrating as the internal storage is full. II know we had a problem way back when, but there was a fix. I have the zips etc., on the external storage so was able to flash a rom,but the phone still wont let me use it. It knows it there as when I go to settings it shows as mounted. Oh boy!!!!

No I didnt remove the SD card when I updated, and I have tried a different card,just in case. Getting desperate now. Have no idea how to fix this. thanks for replying so promptly

I have an issue. today i recived a voice message from metro pcs saying that my phone software needed to be updated to the new ZVE. i did that and everything went well except my phone is no longer rooted and now has all the bloatware back on it. dont know what to do. should i re root? there are like 10+ apps that make me angry especially the "my extras" app OMG!!!!

Has anybody ever tried replacing a mother board on an esteem and using their existing uicc card? I saw a video on YouTube it is an easy repair, but not sure about the functionality of the uicc card.

So for anyone else that is having problems with the external sd card not being read...I think it has something to do with upgrading with the lg mobile support tool whilst having the sd card inserted...I think that the internal sd card is being mounted as the external because I am not seeing the emmc folder that I used to...I guess you are not supposed to do that...Now I would love to try and re install zve but, the support tool will not let me...so, I was wondering if there is a known way to downgrade then upgrade again or is there a way to edit the s/w version to tell the support tool that it needs an update?

So for anyone else that is having problems with the external sd card not being read...I think it has something to do with upgrading with the lg mobile support tool whilst having the sd card inserted...I think that the internal sd card is being mounted as the external because I am not seeing the emmc folder that I used to...I guess you are not supposed to do that...Now I would love to try and re install zve but, the support tool will not let me...so, I was wondering if there is a known way to downgrade then upgrade again or is there a way to edit the s/w version to tell the support tool that it needs an update?

Proceed here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3775233:thumbup:

Not doing that again...I know this for sure...I have the .tot for zve now so I would never have to go through this process again...and the worse part of this is that it never fixed the sd card problem...I just do not understand how I can mount the external, read/write files on the external, even flash roms off of the external but it won't mount when booted...whatever I'll figure it out somehow

Not to be funny but you say you got a zve tot file for the LG ESTEEM ms910 . Wow where did you find such a thing this is what i been looking for all my life . Can u post it or tell me where it is .

Not to be funny but you say you got a zve tot file for the LG ESTEEM ms910 . Wow where did you find such a thing this is what i been looking for all my life . Can u post it or tell me where it is .

Sorry didn't/don't really know what I was/am talking about...All I know is I have a .bin that I used to upgrade to zve using LGNPST

hi gbiggie i was using galaxy zve rom for a bit but i decide to try out #2 zve from drifta cause the battery isues but everithing was normal at the beginning but like a week later i got not 4g at all how can i fix this please thank u bro

I have been back on stock ZVB for a week now.

With ZVE, 4G fails 10 mins after start up. All get is 3G/1X after that (or until I restart). Plus, the phone gets warm, and signal meter is goes from full to none back and forth down here in South Florida. :(

Back
Top Bottom