• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo V 4g Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have their hands on this phone tight.
They are trying not to do too early of a pre-release because of the way they are debuting it.
I've been told we won't likely even see ours in store until the first, Possibly the second week of June.

What a pain.

Just found this:
"For Virgin service, the HTC Evo V 4G and the two data-only devices will be available beginning on May 31 at VirginMobileUSA.com. They will then be available in June at major retailers and at select independent dealers nationwide, the company said."
(Virgin Mobile, Boost Launching 4G WiMAX Service - 2012-05-21 04:01:00 | TWICE)

Seems legit but not sure where they got their information...
From the VM website: Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phone Plans | Android | Smartphone | Broadband | Virgin Mobile

I did, Like I said on another thread. Order went through fine. Says it will ship on or before may 31st in the confirmation email I got.

Paid $309.89 for it.

They have their hands on this phone tight.
They are trying not to do too early of a pre-release because of the way they are debuting it.
I've been told we won't likely even see ours in store until the first, Possibly the second week of June.

What a pain.

Wow. Are you managing a select retailer? Or do select retailers not even get them on the 31st?

Just used RMN20 to save $20 off of 175

Pre-ordered and added a 32GB Sandisk SD Card [29$ little steep but useful filler]

I applied for their credit card, just to get the 50$ pre-paid visa for a purchase of 300$ [before tax]

Total was 328$ shipped to my local Shack.

Not too bad for Phone & 32GB card + 50$ VISA.

Will pay off Shack card this month...

Just used RMN20 to save $20 off of 175

Pre-ordered and added a 32GB Sandisk SD Card [29$ little steep but useful filler]

I applied for their credit card, just to get the 50$ pre-paid visa for a purchase of 300$ [before tax]

Total was 328$ shipped to my local Shack.

Not too bad for Phone & 32GB card + 50$ VISA.

Will pay off Shack card this month...

You can also use SAVE20 for $20 off

I also did ship to store. I did the free 3-5 day shipping though. I'm thinking it'll likely come in around the 5th of June at the latest.

Either way, Saving that $20 took off most of the tax. =]

You're all welcome btw :P

I first posted the link on vmroms.com. I've been going on that forum a bit more.

Got the internal stock number from LeslieAnn so I googled it along with radioshack and happened to just stumble across that preorder link and discount code.

I think there's still a chance these phones get shipped to Target early. It seems to happen with every other VM phone. Best to call these stores every couple of days.

Eh. I got mine pre-ordered from Radio Shack for 303.09. I can't complain.

Saving $20 took off about 90% of the tax. It was worth it.

Hi everyone,

I just pre-ordered my evo v from radio shack. I'm wondering if the store will have them first on the 31st. Since I did a web order with standard shipping 3-5 days no charge for shipping and i have it being shipped to the store. I would surely hope that i get my phone before they actually have them in stock. I guess pre-ordering means getting it before they sell from stock in the store. :alberteinstein:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom