• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo V 4g Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be a bit leary of the Elite. Seems Virgin has it locked down, lots of people on the FB page says that they've bricked theirs just by trying to run a wifi hotspot widget. Locks up your data connection permanently!

I hope they didn't do any software changes like that for the Evo V!

Lets hope that HTC lets us unlock the bootloader so the devs get stuff for it fast.

All new phone's will automatically be able to have their bootloaders unlocked with the HTC Dev tool, although since the Evo V is just a rebranded Evo 3D I don't think it would fall under the "new phones", but it should still be able to have it's bootloader unlocked.

All new phone's will automatically be able to have their bootloaders unlocked with the HTC Dev tool, although since the Evo V is just a rebranded Evo 3D I don't think it would fall under the "new phones", but it should still be able to have it's bootloader unlocked.

Unless it's the AT&T One X. ;)

This is why I didn't get the Elite and am waiting on the EVO V.
Not much if any support for root on Elite that I know of..

The Evo V is loaded with support from the 3D days :) I'm waiting till the stores get it. We should all be happy by the 4th of July.

I'm glad I pre-ordered this from radioshack. I can't wait any longer for a VM phone. I still have my Samsung Intercept....
You won't believe how fast I got out my credit card after seeing the Evo V on Radioshack's website.

I'm concerned because I only got collateral for the One V, and Evo for Boost. I'm worried they are pushing this phone back because they intend to modify it.

This would be a real damper on this hype for me personally. They should leave it in its original form.

Yeah, I'm going to talk to my local Radio Shack and Best Buy about the phone probably in an hour or two. My Wal Mart near me has had VM phones for years. I was afraid to pre order from Radio Shack because I've never really liked them. I might of bit since the coupon was discovered but once I found it, it was on Slickdeals and everyone and their grandmother probably pre ordered 15 of them to resell.

I remember buying the Intercept for sale at BB, and my Triumph for $280 through eBay. I don't think Best Buy does reserves for pre paid phones but I'll ask anyway.

A guy a my local Radio Shack said he expects the phones in on Friday. He told me to call in Friday at around noon and that he would put one aside for me. He said that VM is weird about shipments and they usually ship a ton and then they are dead silent about future shipments which is just strange. He claimed to have the phone's specs on his computer and he was claiming the phone was not dual core (which I'm not sure about) and that it's "probably" not 3D. I told him that it was... he got a little annoyed because he claimed this is will be a "stripped down" version since he has the Sprint version of the phone. I'm imaging he feeling burned for selling his soul to a contract, but that's just me, lol.

Best Buy didn't have anything to say about it. He didn't know the phone existed that they're usually made aware 2-3 days before the phone hits the store. He also confirmed that they do not take pre orders for prepaid phones. Bummer.

And that's that. YMMV on whether or not your store gets them Friday or not. I'll keep you all updated.

Pre-orders will ship on the 31st, no sooner, according to Radio Shack (I called them, not a local store). Some Radio Shack stores are expecting to have some about the same time pre-orders arrive.

I think Radio Shack is the lead store, which would explain the June 10th for others (Target, Walmart and Best buy). Virgin often picks one store of them to be the lead store for roll outs.

On the 31st, you might also want to check Virgin and Boost stores (yes, there are some now). Call around to various stores, especially metro areas and outlaying areas (they often have fewer people rushing for them). Try and have them hold it before you drive, these seem to be going fast like the OV did.

If you register to Radio Shack's newsletter via e-mail you can get a $10 off a $40 purchase, both in store and online. The sign up is on top of the website. I honestly forgot when I even signed up for this and I have no account on the site, but anyway, I guess they send you the coupon shortly after you sign up.

If you didn't pre order it online, it should shave off some of the sales tax. :cool:

I can't believe people are saying it's not dual core. It's obvious from the multiple press releases that it is.

Sprint never released an official statement saying that the phone will be dual core. People just assumed that it was and that is why people still have their doubts.

I'm concerned because I only got collateral for the One V, and Evo for Boost. I'm worried they are pushing this phone back because they intend to modify it.

This would be a real damper on this hype for me personally. They should leave it in its original form.

Doesn't sound too good...

Since the manual on the Virgin Mobile website instructs on how to use the 3D functionality, I'm almost 100% sure that'll still be there.

Though I'm really thinking this phone will end up being a 1.2Ghz single core though.

Since the manual on the Virgin Mobile website instructs on how to use the 3D functionality, I'm almost 100% sure that'll still be there.

Though I'm really thinking this phone will end up being a 1.2Ghz single core though.

How would we know without disassembling the phone? I don't trust any of the CSRs at VM. All they do is read off a script.

How would we know without disassembling the phone? I don't trust any of the CSRs at VM. All they do is read off a script.

Sense will tell you all the hardware info about the phone in the options. It will say whether or not it is 1.2 single core or dual core, although I don't know if it will say anything about the screen in options. And since there aren't any video showing what it says under options then someone will have to check when they get it.

Cool. The 3D screen part...I couldn't care less. It's one of those "nice to have but don't need" type of things for me. But I sincerely hope it's dual core.

Why would you think that? Other than virgin mobile's sloppy and incomplete item description, every single press release and hands on article states that it's dual core.

Why would you think that? Other than virgin mobile's sloppy and incomplete item description, every single press release and hands on article states that it's dual core.

Yeah, Phonearena's hands-on said that it was both 3D and Dual core...

Since the only physical difference between sprint's Evo 3D and VM's Evo V is the back cover with the logo and the front layer around the screen without the sprint logo, I am pretty sure that they will be the same exact device physically.
Except VM's will have ICS and sense 3.6.

Did you not see my post in reply to yours saying Sprint has never had an official press release stating that it is dual core? That's all speculation by third parties.

The reason why I'm thinking that is because my store did not receive collateral (the dummy phones and name cards) for this phone. Yet we got collateral for the One V, Which isn't supposed to be out for another month.

I'm also told that some of our stores won't see this phone until almost the middle of June!

I'll be happy if they don't modify ths phone but Virgin Mobile has shown their cost conscientious side. Look at the Triumph for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom