• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo V 4g Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this from Radio Shack's Shipping info hope this helps you guys out if you pre-ordered and had it shipped to the store or your house:

Pre-Order - Specific items are available for early purchase on our website prior to release from the manufacturer. Within 24 hours of your item's release date, you will be notified via e-mail that it has shipped from our warehouse. :D

Found this from Radio Shack's Shipping info hope this helps you guys out if you pre-ordered and had it shipped to the store or your house:

Pre-Order - Specific items are available for early purchase on our website prior to release from the manufacturer. Within 24 hours of your item's release date, you will be notified via e-mail that it has shipped from our warehouse. :D

Basically though, If they ship your order within 24 hours, the store could already have the phone. If they receive a shipment on the release day, Your phone will still be shipping a day or two later. It's really odd.

You'll end up waiting for yours while others go and buy it on release day.
-_-

if this is the case then i think i will cancel my pre-order and just buy one at the store tomorrow. they haven't even taken the funds out of my account yet. there was a pending charge for radioshack now it is gone.

i would be more patient but virgin mobile automatically takes the monthly charge out of my account on the first so i need to activate my phone before so i don't get double charged.

Lol, sorry bud but you got the wrong forum. This is the forum for the HTC Evo V 4G on Virgin Mobile, not the HTC Evo 4G LTE for Sprint. I can see how you can get them confused though the names are so confusing.

Huh? I am talking about the HTC Evo V 4G.....you know Sprint stores sell Virgin Mobile correct? They said preorders will ship normal, but they do not know when regular stock will be available.

The lawsuit he was probably talking about was Apple suing HTC for patent infringement and the Evo 4g LTE was held up at customs.
It is a completely different phone than the Evo V. The Evo V is a rebranded Evo 3D which is not involved in any lawsuits that I know of.

But they all sound the same so I can see where the confusion is.

Basically though, If they ship your order within 24 hours, the store could already have the phone. If they receive a shipment on the release day, Your phone will still be shipping a day or two later. It's really odd.

You'll end up waiting for yours while others go and buy it on release day.
-_-

Called 4 local Shacks. None of them have any clue as to tomorrow is the release day, 3 of the stores said all they heard was a mention of it for the 2nd week into June.

Called my two local BBs and they are NOT getting any stock this week either.

Don't think you'll see anybody picking one up at a retailer tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I don't think we should assume that this is a well controlled system - I'm guessing some will have it, and others will be clueless. Either way, I'll be checking the local stores tomorrow and grabbing one if available.

The pre-order situation is pretty sad, after all, what is the point of a pre-order, other than to secure the product as soon as possible? This has happened to me before on other pre-orders, like new cd's, so it's not too surprising that this could be screwed up for the folks that pre-ordered, myself included. I might go ahead and cancel my pre-order too if I can just get them in the store tomorrow, but am not able to get my pre-order. I'm getting 2 (one for my wife) so either way I'm gonna have one soon!

Yeah, I'm starting at noon tomorrow to make several phone calls out to the Radio Shacks and the Best Buy in my area. If both of them say nope, I'll probably call other stores for the hell of it. This brings back memories of when the iPod Touch 4th gen came out and it took me nearly week to finally find one available and I bought it over the phone from a local Best Buy. Got a feeling tomorrow might be one of those days...

Called 4 local Shacks. None of them have any clue as to tomorrow is the release day, 3 of the stores said all they heard was a mention of it for the 2nd week into June.

Called my two local BBs and they are NOT getting any stock this week either.

Don't think you'll see anybody picking one up at a retailer tomorrow.

Where do you live?

I'm in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. I've got 5 or so Shacks in a 15 mi radius.

And 2 local BBs.

It's the same story here. Only people that knows about it is the Virgin/Boost Mobile store and said they expect it on Monday.

I wouldn't be activating it until the 12th so I don't have a problem waiting.

Just wish this ROM I'm using now was available a long time ago lol

I called around (Seattle area) and best buy and radio shack both said they don't expect to have them tomorrow. So the pre-order may pay off after all, we'll see.

I just called 5 places in my area and the only places that say for sure they will have it tomorrow are the hybrid prepaid stores.

I just called 5 places in my area and the only places that say for sure they will have it tomorrow are the hybrid prepaid stores.

Wow Hybrid stores?? Wal Shack?? You mean the boost virgin stores?? What's a virgin boost store look like?/ I have to look..

Called the store that is being sent my Evo V.
They told me that if you pre-ordered on the website you have to wait until that phone is received into the store.
They do not hold one of theirs for you. So in essence other people can get theirs first if they receive a shipment before they ship out the phone you pre-ordered.

O rly? LOL This is so ridiculous.

I am cured from pre-ordering forever.

Meh, If only 5% of people wanting this phone go out and buy it on release day I don't care I guess, But Ill be satisfied when my Pre-order gets to my house on Saturday / Monday and a lot of people are pissed they cant get theirs in stores right away because their local store wont get them/sold out already. :D

i would be more patient but virgin mobile automatically takes the monthly charge out of my account on the first so i need to activate my phone before so i don't get double charged.

I have to pay my VM bill on the 1st too and I was worrying about getting double charged but I did "Change my plan" and switched to the $35/month Plan and selected "Change my plan on my next billing date" instead of "Change my plan now" so I don't need to worry about the double charge.

Wow Hybrid stores?? Wal Shack?? You mean the boost virgin stores?? What's a virgin boost store look like?/ I have to look..

I've seen a few but I wouldn't exactly call them reliable. I know of a local pawn shop that has Virgin/Boost signs on their windows so they don't have to necessarily be a prepaid phone store.

Meh, If only 5% of people wanting this phone go out and buy it on release day I don't care I guess, But Ill be satisfied when my Pre-order gets to my house on Saturday / Monday and a lot of people are pissed they cant get theirs in stores right away because their local store wont get them/sold out already. :D

"I guess". I feel you're going to be angry if you see one guy get's his before you.

"I guess". I feel you're going to be angry if you see one guy get's his before you.

Yeah, You're most likely right, I'll never pre-order form Radioshack again if that's how they roll. But, If things play out like I said in my previous post, I'll be happy haha.

So much speculation haha. I have no idea what's going on but I called 2 shack's in the Chicago area and neither of them knew when it would be coming in. One of them said store shipments come in tomorrow or Friday though so maybe they'll come in then but otherwise, no idea if retailers will have it or not.

Either way I'll still call tomorrow.

~Novak

I need some info from anybody that gets device in hand. What hboot version is installed? A couple people reporting would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom