• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08: Flash Procedure

can i have it charging while doing this

Should prob charge it really well before you do this, think I read somewhere that it doesn't charge in recovery mode anyway.

It really didn't take very long but you don't want it to die or to have to pull the battery while this is going on, they say it makes the Evo a paperweight!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
can i have it charging while doing this

yes and no. while it is installing it will not charge. so you need to make sure that you have plenty of battery before attempting this.

sorry one more, is wimax img. on my nandroid the wiwax key

it depends on what recovery you have. in clockwork mod it will automatically
backup your wimax keys. in amon ra 2.3 you willhave to check wimax in ordr for it to back it up.

Upvote 0
Hope it works out good for you. I tried speedtest yesterday after i flashed it. speed down wasnt much but i think it was because I was running my test at a peak usage time, I had like 3 times better upload speeds though.

today really early, 6am eastern, I was using the browser in a place with very little coverage, and man, pages were loading like twice as fast as usual.

Upvote 0
So let me make sure I understand. If you are running a sense rom (Like MikeG 2.5) all you have to do is do a PRL and PRI update and your radio is updated. If you're running an AOSP rom, you have to flash it. Is this correct?

no your radios are something different then your prl and profile. those you need to flash or install via hboot depending on which file you use.

Reactions: joehornback
Upvote 0
Looks to me like if you are on a screen where you can reboot, it would be ok to do it. All happened really fast with mine ... Your call but I think I'd go for it. Good luck!

Edit.: I read up earlier where Ocn said some take a long time and be patient. Wish I knew better or someone else who did would come in. Hoping for a good report!

Upvote 0
Did you read what Gossaga wrote in rooting for dummies thread? Looks like he thinks ihe waited for nothing. Then some other guy chimed in and said hewished he'd been there to tell him it was ok, I assume he meant to reboot. Read it and seewhat you get out of it.

Actually im just getting back i ended up just rebooting and everything was fine. thx for the help though.:eek:

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Well so far my signal hasn't changed a bit. Sprint service around here is spotty at best. I'll give it more time to settle.

you may not notice a change in signal....most people have reporting faster data speeds with u/p d/l.....if you knew what your old speeds were you could d/l the speedtest app off the market and see if they improved from your old ones....i've read a few posts where people got a signifigant jump in data speeds...

Upvote 0
you may not notice a change in signal....most people have reporting faster data speeds with u/p d/l.....if you knew what your old speeds were you could d/l the speedtest app off the market and see if they improved from your old ones....i've read a few posts where people got a signifigant jump in data speeds...

YRMV when flashing the radio updates. my download and upload speed went up only slightly. i do seem to get better call quality after the updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones