• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FALSE. HTC has made 2.2 Avail NOW! 8-2-2010] EVO 4G Froyo 2.2 Update Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you maybe right. I have been trying to update and download some apps and I have been waiting for hours for them to download and nothing happened it just stalled on "starting download". So I did a factory reset to flash back to 2.1 and voila I now can install and update my apps. I wonder if any other early froyo adopter encountered this same problem?

A great many of us did a factory reset and stayed at 2.2 and cleared up every number and nature of problems.

Something was tangled up somewhere.

A great many of us did a factory reset and stayed at 2.2 and cleared up every number and nature of problems.

Something was tangled up somewhere.

Oh yes you are right I thought it was going to default to out of box state (hence factory reset), but indeed I checked my software version and it still says 2.2.

I think you maybe right. I have been trying to update and download some apps and I have been waiting for hours for them to download and nothing happened it just stalled on "starting download". So I did a factory reset to flash back to 2.1 and voila I now can install and update my apps. I wonder if any other early froyo adopter encountered this same problem?

Works for me.

YA the factory reset i did has me running pretty smooth now. Have not run into any glitches that i am aware of since the reset. Faster overall performance zero lag. Flash 10.1 and the nifty little Chrome to phone features = me being happy and based on an HTC post on there Facebook page anyone they said anyone who updated unofficially would be helped in the coming days... Assuming that means anyone who updated manually over the past few days would also be able to get the official update when they do roll it out....

Who Know though right :)

I had to call Sprint Tech Support on another phone issue and I asked him about the EVO 2.2 Update, he assured me that it was postponed indefinitely. Just like the OP, I am only relaying information, but the Tech sounded knowledgeable on the subject. He said Sprint was notified by HTC.

Guess what guys. I went back to the future and Doc told me that life goes on.

Its just an update no need to go back and forth and argue. If you want it that bad you can find it whether or not Sprint officialy releases it. The unofficial update works just fine. Infact it works better then I expected.

Means nothing. People also posted chat logs with sprint last week and they said the OTA would be out on midnight the 30th then yesterday. Never go by what anyone on sprint chat says.

We will know tomorrow.

Ah yeah this is true. Eh oh well. The waiting goes on! That phrase "for competitive reasons" on their internal memo was just a bad omen (regarding early release in an attempt to be first of something).

OP is correct.

I spoke with "april" over the phone minutes ago. She indeed told me HTC has pulled the update. She stated HTC found some issues that warranted they pull this update back off the server. this is also why HTC stated they will work with people who have already installed the leaked update as there were indeed some issues that will interfere with CERTAIN types of apps and the operation of the Android OS.

She of course gave no update but she stated when HTC delayed 2.0 it was about a couple of months so this may give us a ball park. she did NOT know an update and the "couple of months" comment is not scientific...could be longer.. could be shorter.

im still going to hold off on installing the leaked file i have and wait until HTC releases the correct update. in the meantime i think ill try one of those Dx keyboards...

and ooh she knew about this as early as today morning CST....

To be fair, the information sent by Sprint was that the update would be available tomorrow 8/3 if everything went OK.

But then again, they sent a press release about the official announcement after that.

Ouch!

I think the 09 02 2010 is supposed to be today date and time. When they confirmed it.

Ya, a lot of us had to do a hard reset. I dont think that was their intent.

If anything, we shouldn't be bragging that we got it while others didn't. We should be proud that we grabbed the file, installed, had issues and posted them. Perhaps devs read some of our posts.

"Originally Posted by italianwjt
This post might as well be deleted cuz rumors are like a$$#0Les everyone has one."

It may or may not ultimately turn out, but there is now definitely credible evidence to support it.

Support what? The rumor or that everyone has an ***hole?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom