• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite breakfast?

I love grits. I like to put my over easy eggs on a bed of grits. We have a Southern cuisine restaurant that serves a cajun hot grits side dish that's very good. Being as I really enjoy grits, it is a given that it is very high in sodium. :(

I use quick 5-minute grits from Quaker. I grew up on the stuff. It was a regular breakfast item.
1716003574827.jpeg

I fixed grits at the cabin a couple of years ago. It was a new item to everyone there but me and my wife.
Now it's a regular breakfast item down there.

I pulled my grits from the pantry to make certain I represented the product I use and now I'm all confused.. I don't know what made me think it was high in sodium. It has zero sodium though I have always salted it. I'll be eating grits again!!!!

I was weaned on something my Grandma called grit puddue. It's grits with butter, a couple of medium eggs, a slice of cheese, and bacon crumbled into it. Cut all that in, let the cheese melt and the egg yolk cover everything... made properly, you can hear angels singing when you get a spoonful on your taste buds.

Grabbed from the net: Grits are made from dent corn, which has a higher starch content than other varieties, giving grits their creamy, soft texture. The mature kernels are processed to: Remove the outer hull, Dry, and Grind into smaller bits.

Okay this was not my favorite breakfast. I got this and some other keto cereal a couple of months ago on clearance. I think originally this stuff was $8 or $9 dollars. It tastes like cardboard dusted in chocolate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_062620_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_062620_Photos.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 11
I'm jonesing for a Waffle House All-Star Special but not today... gotta get the money pit to the vet this morning...

EDIT: No sooner did I post that than I got an email from someone who wants to meet me tomorrow for breakfast! Somewhere along the interstate? Sure thing, I know just the place!

:D

Last edited:
Today was really creative, we had left over Pita bread from eating gyro inside a gyro kit a little while ago, so I cracked a few eggs inside the skillet, using a non cook spray, I opened up two egg shells over the pan and got the rest of the ingredents, I accidently forgot about the egg shells were still in it, but other then that was pretty yummy.

Back
Top Bottom