• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally moving to the X

mikefla

Well I finally did it I.. I just bought a X on Ebay and im passing the droid INC. over to the wife.. (she always gets my hand me downs) lol I hope im making a good move.. I have no complaints about my Inc. I just wanted the bigger screen and the HDMI output.. Plus Im also glad she is finally moving up to a Droid so we can use some of the cool apps.

Well I finally did it I.. I just bought a X on Ebay and im passing the droid INC. over to the wife.. (she always gets my hand me downs) lol I hope im making a good move.. I have no complaints about my Inc. I just wanted the bigger screen and the HDMI output.. Plus Im also glad she is finally moving up to a Droid so we can use some of the cool apps.

Welcome to Droid x life :-)

welcome to the X....it is a seriouse upgrade to the INC imo. you will hate motoblur, but get a different launcher and it aint that bad.

Root
Apex 1.4
Launcherpro

its like the idiots guide to getting massive amounts of use out of your DX
(yes prob are better things out there, but this is easily the easiest and easiest to not screw up)

welcome to DX life, its magical!

If you've had and enjoyed an Incredible for a while then I'd say you will have just as good a time on your DX. I wouldn't say it's going to blow you away though, it's not like coming off a Blackberry Curve like I did... that's like a HUGE step up. The DX and the Dinc are very comparable, but the DX has a larger screen like you said, and the HDMI out (get RealHDMI from the market, it's well worth the price of admission). Other than that I don't think you'll find it a much different experience. But if you really liked your Dinc, then that's probably a good thing, right?

I just hope you didn't do a lot of ROMing on your Incredible. Because if you did, you may find the locked bootloader of the DX rather annoying. Like Skeet said there are some good ROMs for the X (Apex, Liberty, Darkslide, Tranquility, etc...), but no fully custom ROMs such as Cyanogen like you can get for the Dinc. But if you stay pretty close to stock, then I'm sure you won't notice the locked bootloader much at all.

Enjoy!

Hope that you enjoy the x as much as I do. I have never had an inc, but I from what I have read, the dx battery life is a real step up.

OK thanks guys I never rooted the Inc. It just has the launchers on it.. I'm guessing the launcher pro and ADW launcher I bought in the market is not compatible with the DX. ?

OK thanks guys I never rooted the Inc. It just has the launchers on it.. I'm guessing the launcher pro and ADW launcher I bought in the market is not compatible with the DX. ?

You will be fine with either of those on the X, I have had both and have settled on ADWex. Both of them work real good so you will be just fine.

well I got the X... So Far I like it alot.. its going to take a bit to get use to the size and the Otter box case i have it in doesnt help much either with the size..Now i have to teach the wife how to use her new INC.

Back