• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission 2.6.1

I would have posted this in the forum section of the team defuse website but was unable to find forums on their site.

I recently donated and used the rom manager to update to Fission 2.6.1 - I'm loving it! Super fast and nearly flawless.

I say nearly b/c I am now experiencing an error when playing any type of media. I get the error on anything from the youtube app, Pandora, to the music I have on my SD card. I'm even not able to listen to a voicemail on Google Voice.

I've cleared data, cache, and defaults on many of the preinstalled apps that utilize media in an attempt to fix it but with no success.

Another strange hiccup I've been experiencing is whenever I reset my phone, battpop, or any time the phone shuts off I go into the bootstrap recovery mode when powering on. Then I select reboot phone from there to get back to a normal boot. Not sure if this can be related at all but I feel as though I don't have a clean install.

Any help would be appreciated.
ty

Upvote 0
With your media.. . did you ever enable stagefright? I think that may cause the media to not play. (not saying there aren't other reasons)

And your phone is supposed to boot up like that. That's what the Droid x bootstrapper app does is it hijacks the original boot and gives us a custom one.

Try This....
Reinstall 2.61 on top of its self NO wipe cache NO wipe data .
This was suggested many time while Angdroid was active.:eek:

Upvote 0
I started out with an HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 smart phone last year and couldn't last the 2 years. I paid the penalty and got my Droid X. I was disappointed that I couldn't listen to my audible books through my mono headset, or voice dial without touching my phone! After studying this forum and another, I worked up the nerve to root my own phone AND load Fission 2.5.7. Woo Hoo! My son found me an app in the market that allows me to listen to my books, AND I can voice dial without touching my phone! This weekend, I'm going to donate and upgrade to 2.6.1. This is so exciting! I'm looking forward to trying some of the tweaks I've read about here. You all are BRILLIANT!!

Upvote 0
I was wondering if someone could make a black themed gmail and email apk sorta like this [MOD] Inverted Black Gmail - Update 2/9/11 - xda-developers

If its not too much trouble,
if youre feeling a little lucky, im thinking you should be able to download that one, put it on your desktop, pull the apk out and stick it on your sd card, then use a file manager and install it (may want to uninstall your old one first)....thinking it should work.

Upvote 0
if youre feeling a little lucky, im thinking you should be able to download that one, put it on your desktop, pull the apk out and stick it on your sd card, then use a file manager and install it (may want to uninstall your old one first)....thinking it should work.

LOL I was feeling lucky but I got shutdown, It says not installed. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Upvote 0
just needed to be signed, worked for me. (i signed it).
try this one and let me know (in case the upload messes it up)
Gmail.apk

edit:
uninstall your old gmail first.

It workeddddd, thanks a million. Just a quick question tho, how did you sign it, I was trying to install FMradio from manderstock and I got the same thing (not installed). Or should I just send you the files?

Upvote 0
It workeddddd, thanks a million. Just a quick question tho, how did you sign it, I was trying to install FMradio from manderstock and I got the same thing (not installed).
lol....sweet.
a guy on here taught me how to set up and use a program called apk manager....
im not sure if you have to have java and all that in line (path) to sign things or not....
guys name is bouchigo.

anyway, upload the apk you want signed and ill sign it and kick it back, we'll see if that gets it going for ya....

edit: actually, i think i have mader....let me see....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones