• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission 2.6.1

Aggie, tried to apply the oreo zip you put together for me and it put me in a boot loop. Had to restore my back up.

Like the boot animation though! Hopefully you can take a look at it when you have a chance.

That's weird. I flashed it before uploading it. Lemme download it and make sure nothing was corrupted when uploading. I've been experiencing some weird stuff with mediafire so Hold on and I will take a look.

Raptor, I just downloaded it from MediaFire and it installed flawlessly. 4236d9831d3a26c4e35ae1d83d928b02

That's the MD5 checksum. I would verify it with the file you downloaded.

Again, I dunno why it sent you into a bootloop. You did just try to pull the battery and reboot? Also keep in mind that this may take up to 5 minutes to install. Anytime installing a new theme it takes a while and may seem like it's looping.

I just flashed Fission (free version) and i am really liking it going to keep it for a week if i still like it i may donate for the new version. I've ran apex and liberty before. However when i flashed this rom i wiped data, cache and delvik cache twice before i flashed and when the rom loaded up it still new my wifi info and my background was fissions background but my old background was on top of that just smaller. I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone. I am thinking my system did not wipe fully.

Raptor, I just downloaded it from MediaFire and it installed flawlessly. 4236d9831d3a26c4e35ae1d83d928b02

That's the MD5 checksum. I would verify it with the file you downloaded.

Again, I dunno why it sent you into a bootloop. You did just try to pull the battery and reboot? Also keep in mind that this may take up to 5 minutes to install. Anytime installing a new theme it takes a while and may seem like it's looping.

Yeah, I let it sit for about 10 minutes before pulling the battery. Once I re-booted, it went straight to CW where I restored my back up.

I will re-download and try it again. Will let you know

I just flashed Fission (free version) and i am really liking it going to keep it for a week if i still like it i may donate for the new version. I've ran apex and liberty before. However when i flashed this rom i wiped data, cache and delvik cache twice before i flashed and when the rom loaded up it still new my wifi info and my background was fissions background but my old background was on top of that just smaller. I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone. I am thinking my system did not wipe fully.
that is strange....never saw that before with the backgroudns.

next time;
wipe cache/delvik/bat/data
- then make sure mount system/mount data (did you do this part?)
then do a factory reset from inside settings/privacy

fission seems a bit pickier about install procedure then some roms, not sure why.

maybe someone else will have some input on what happened....

Okay. Can someone else download it and just give it a try??? Please?

Md5 Sum Check was accurate. Tried to flash it again, still a no go. I do have Bouchigo's modded battery installed, would that affect it possibly? Other than that, I am on stock Fission 2.6.1

Edit: I also wanted to add that I did mount system. Also, I did originally install the first ported Oreo theme without an issue.

Md5 Sum Check was accurate. Tried to flash it again, still a no go. I do have Bouchigo's modded battery installed, would that affect it possibly? Other than that, I am on stock Fission 2.6.1

Edit: I also wanted to add that I did mount system. Also, I did originally install the first ported Oreo theme without an issue.

I just don't know why it would work for me but not for you. Let me try it over again. I will take the framework-res from the orig port and do it over.

Not sure why this ROM does not get any love around here either so I figured Id start a new thread.

So who else here is running it? So far I have to say that this ROM flies. I've been enjoying it a lot today. Fast smooth and no blur bloat to bog you down! Unfortunately right now, this version is only on the full version of FRM (yes meaning you have to have donated). For those of you who have not donated, why not try version 2.5.7?

Team DeFuse

Side note, is anyone here running Fission with an updated Android Market? Id love to get my hands on 2.3.2 if anyone knows of a working version. The current Fission ROM only has version 2.2.7 but Id like to rock the new one if anyone here knows how.

Thanks!

So, how is Fission treating you?

Just signed up and loading up. Had I know what a pain it was I would have never paid for this rom. I figured once you donated you could simply download from the site but it directs you to one of those "download now, or wait 90 seconds" with multiple options all meant to get you to give the download service more $$. Just a pain. Too many prompts and password entries...they got to get this right to get any love from here...

Edit: It will not load for me. Did the wipe per usual, data, cache, delvik, bat stats and it force closes after I sign in. I tried again wiping each item 3 times and still no go, I want a refund.

I just don't know why it would work for me but not for you. Let me try it over again. I will take the framework-res from the orig port and do it over.

OK, thanks Aggie! If that fails, then I am going to flash a fresh Fission, then try to apply the theme. Either way, I am going to get it on there one way or another!

Just signed up and loading up. Had I know what a pain it was I would have never paid for this rom. I figured once you donated you could simply download from the site but it directs you to one of those "download now, or wait 90 seconds" with multiple options all meant to get you to give the download service more $$. Just a pain. Too many prompts and password entries...they got to get this right to get any love from here...

Edit: It will not load for me. Did the wipe per usual, data, cache, delvik, bat stats and it force closes after I sign in. I tried again wiping each item 3 times and still no go, I want a refund.

Did you get rom manager apk downloaded.
You don't flash that, you install it through a file manager. Then it downloads the rom.

that is strange....never saw that before with the backgroudns.

next time;
wipe cache/delvik/bat/data
- then make sure mount system/mount data (did you do this part?)
then do a factory reset from inside settings/privacy

fission seems a bit pickier about install procedure then some roms, not sure why.

maybe someone else will have some input on what happened....

Thanks man. Honestly now that I think about it may have forgot to flash my stock backup before flashing the rom was running apex before. Also am I supposed to mount after full wipe right before I flash the rom? I never do this. I love the size of the keyboard and how this rom runs. I was wondering in apex when you want to edit your text (blinking line) it would bring up a magnified pop up window for easier control of the curser is there a way to implement that option also can I flash the round battery icon that's in the apex toolbar (the 4 bar one) . Loving this rom atm.

Thanks man. Honestly now that I think about it may have forgot to flash my stock backup before flashing the rom was running apex before. Also am I supposed to mount after full wipe right before I flash the rom? I never do this. I love the size of the keyboard and how this rom runs. I was wondering in apex when you want to edit your text (blinking line) it would bring up a magnified pop up window for easier control of the curser is there a way to implement that option also can I flash the round battery icon that's in the apex toolbar (the 4 bar one) . Loving this rom atm.
Shouldn't have to flash stock or any back up to switch roms.
I mount system/data last.
Magnified search im not sure.
The battery icon we can make about any one you want in a flashable zip.

Shouldn't have to flash stock or any back up to switch roms.
I mount system/data last.
Magnified search im not sure.
The battery icon we can make about any one you want in a flashable zip.

Battery icon request either add 10% increments to existing battery that comes with the rom and/or the one from post 14 in this thread http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278362-mod-apex-v1-4-circle-battery.html from bhmstuff.
I have a few more questions if that's ok. Is there an adblocker? Is unthrottle hack in this? Also does anyone else lag when typing esp. when typing in a forum?

Battery icon request either add 10% increments to existing battery that comes with the rom and/or the one from post 14 in this thread http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278362-mod-apex-v1-4-circle-battery.html from bhmstuff.
I have a few more questions if that's ok. Is there an adblocker? Is unthrottle hack in this? Also does anyone else lag when typing esp. when typing in a forum?

Adblock Free.
It's in the FRM.
I lag when typing in a browser and that was consistent across all ROMs.

Aggie, got it to work. I had to re-flash Fission (no data or cache wipe). Once I did that, I was able to flash the theme. It looks great! I appreciate the battery you did, the boot animation and changing the text. I think this one is a keeper for a while. Hopefully some others will try it out

Thanks again

I still like BWC and Matted Blues better; but Oreo is a nice change of pace for a while ;)

Patiently waiting for Fission 2.7.0...:cool:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/286765-matted-blues-fission-2-6-1-modded.html
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...theme-black-white-chrome-fission-2-6-1-a.html
see if you like any of these

Thanks for the info. The battery icon i am looking for is http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278362-mod-apex-v1-4-circle-battery-2.html post # 70. Would it be ok if i just flashed that? Also i downloaded the throttle mod in Fission Manger should i just flash it thru clockworkmod recovery? Was going to ask this in BWC thread for fission but may as well ask here. Is it ok if i flash black mms, black market and black dialer one if i'm not using BWC theme and just fission without a theme?

Anything you download from Fission Rom Manager can be easily flashed straight from FRM. Once you download it add it to the install queue by clicking on it. Then go to your install queue and it will flash it in CWM recovery without you having to do it all manually. And no. You can't flash that mod from Apex. Bad things will happen.

Thanks for the info. The battery icon i am looking for is http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278362-mod-apex-v1-4-circle-battery-2.html post # 70. Would it be ok if i just flashed that? Also i downloaded the throttle mod in Fission Manger should i just flash it thru clockworkmod recovery? Was going to ask this in BWC thread for fission but may as well ask here. Is it ok if i flash black mms, black market and black dialer one if i'm not using BWC theme and just fission without a theme?
i dont think id flash that, it looks like its just a zip file of the pngs and not a flashable zip....you could try it though if you want.

yeah....you should be able to flash those without the bwc theme as they are for fission and you are running fission.

let me see about getting bat icons in a falshable zip

the inside fission rom manager you should be able to click on the thing you downloaded (throttle mod), add it to install que, and install.

put another rom appropriate theme on (say bwc for fission or whatever) your sd card....you dont need to flash it.
if you're running regular fission 261 then put this on your sd card and flash it;
battery.zip

the reason i asked you to put another theme on your sd card is in case for some reason this sends you in to boot loops (worked fine for me), then you can pull your battery and if it goes back in to recovery you can flash the other theme to fix any errors and get up and running again.

one way to go about it.

Back
Top Bottom