• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing Rom Failing In Philz Recovery?

axelxbc

May 11, 2012
So I did search, and have been searching for awhile for this before coming here and posting. Have only found vague answers in other forums (Or outdated ones).

Before I start I want to Mention, I do not care if KNOX gets tripped, I have already updated to the most recent Bootloader with KNOX, I believe it is 4.4.2. Already updated my modem to the ND8.

I have flashed TWRP 2.8.6.3 using Odin.

Every time I try to flash a new Rom with Philz Recovery I receive a Failed Cannot mount '/system' And of course displays the failed at the top of the screen. I have already used this Rom before with the older Bootloader, but I was under the impression you can still flash Roms even after upgrading to the new Bootloader? What am I doing wrong?

If I have to downgrade to the older Bootloader, I will do that, but when searching for the firmware I could not find that either. Only found the stock Sprint Firmware.

Thanks for all the help in advance, I am really new at the New Bootloader, and KNOX stuff.

*EDIT
I am On Virgin Mobile Model: SPH-L710

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones