• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I seen Steve thinking in the swamps of NJ today.
He must be feeling better.:)

yoda.jpg
http://www.starwars-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpapers/yoda.jpg

Reactions: BabyBlues and jbdan
Upvote 0
Why is it that I'm still seeing commercials on TV for the Rezound and Razr constantly, yet have never seen a single one about the Nexus? :/

I just saw one tonight. It was for the Nexus and Stratosphere. It may have been a RadioShack commercial? Not sure?

They changed the verizon holiday ad to include the nexus. They did it last Thursday.. I have a video on YouTube of it.

NOVA UPDATE!!!!

Now supports hide able status bar... Christmas came early :)

ALSO:
I didn't notice a big signal change at home with the new radio but it doubled my reception at work and it is really nice :)

I've seen the Nexus commercial. It gave me a twist. :D

i've seen the commercial numerous times and it is defintely a Verizon commerical...most shocking is the FACT that VZW is actually marketing the GNex at ALL!!!

Upvote 0
I FIGURED OUT THE WALLPAPER SIZING

That grid we see when trying to do the wallpaper is a pain in the arse. I made a guide for myself though and have now tested the wallpaper and these should now work for centering the image and disabling scrolling.

Click here for Tron Vader
Tron_Vader_1440.png

Click here for the Red Darth Vader
Red_Vader_1440.png

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
Hi all...I have had so much fun playing with my new phone today!!! I have never rooted or anything, so I am just trying to get all my apps and stuff the way I like it. Loving ICS!!
The day continued to be wonderful. My husband took the afternoon off so we could finish our Christmas shopping. He surprised me by taking me to the jewelry store!! He said he was thinking about buying a wrap for my wedding ring sometime, that he wanted to see what styles there were, price range, and what kind I liked. I found one I liked and he said to the lady "Wrap it up!!" It is so pretty!! I have an amazing husband!!

Upvote 0
Is anyone here? And using the browser on a computer? Is the site looking weird? I hope it's not staying like I'm seeing it. It's horrid to all be in white with no contrasts.

Yes it's horrible on FF, IE and Chrome!

Something with the site I guess....feels like I'm back in time on the PC 10 years ago :p

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Hi all...I have had so much fun playing with my new phone today!!! I have never rooted or anything, so I am just trying to get all my apps and stuff the way I like it. Loving ICS!!
The day continued to be wonderful. My husband took the afternoon off so we could finish our Christmas shopping. He surprised me by taking me to the jewelry store!! He said he was thinking about buying a wrap for my wedding ring sometime, that he wanted to see what styles there were, price range, and what kind I liked. I found one I liked and he said to the lady "Wrap it up!!" It is so pretty!! I have an amazing husband!!

That sounds like a perfect day!! So happy to hear it was good and that you are enjoying your phone

Reactions: KSToto
Upvote 0

He!, is a keeper! Sounds like a great time :)

Reactions: KSToto
Upvote 0
Seems that no one has posted this fix for landscape lag yet.

Settings>Language & Input>Uncheck Spelling Correction under top Language tab (ONLY under here, leave it on in the Android keyboard settings)>Profit.

You'll still have all the great spelling corrections, but it cuts the keyboard lag in landscape in half if not more.

Edit: Site sucks to read like this, killing my head.

Edit 2: This phone is amazing, a week later and I still can't believe it. Those having 3G/Voice/Wifi issues, swap the phone out, LTE readings are finicky and I'm 99.9% sure that's ICS software not playing well with the radio just yet, but not connecting on the other 3 (short of a VZW outage) is likely HW.

Upvote 0

Settings>Language & Input>Uncheck Spelling Correction under top Language tab (ONLY under here, leave it on in the Android keyboard settings)>Profit.

You'll still have all the great spelling corrections, but it cuts the keyboard lag in landscape in half if not more.

Edit 2: This phone is amazing, a week later and I still can't believe it. Those having 3G/Voice/Wifi issues, swap the phone out, LTE readings are finicky and I'm 99.9% sure that's ICS software not playing well with the radio just yet, but not connecting on the other 3 (short of a VZW outage) is likely HW.

I switched to the app to read.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

I saw this earlier ain't it great! Although I type in landscape...well maybe once in the last year! Guess I'm a portrait snob :p

It is amazing I couldn't agree with you any more even if I tried my hardest :cool:

Yay desktop view is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
hehe! I like to give them at least 24 hours to test out. Even still, that's not enough time really. Gives me a good heads up though for those, like yourself, who have not rooted yet and want to know what to flash when that time comes :D

That's so nice to know you are testing them and will have a better knowledge base of pros and cons.

Ok, time for bed. Lots to do Friday and Saturday. Catch y'all later!

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones