• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

getting my phone today!!

ryencool

Newbie
On the truck for delivery Fedex says :):)...as soon as I get the phone in the next few hours I will be de-bing'ing and customizing like a mofo. Its my first time with a android and a touch phone. I think it will be a huge upgrade over my old HTC ozone and WinBlows Mobile.
 
(Pre-)Congrats on getting your new phone! It's my first Android phone as well (..okay, first smartphone too >.>) and I'm really loving it. Yay for feeding electronics, internet, and music addictions!

Also welcome to the site, particularly the SF forums. Definitely one of the friendlier places to hang out - it's the first time I actively post in a forum o_o. So have fun and stay a while - the slushie machine is down the hall on the left.
 
On the truck for delivery Fedex says :):)...as soon as I get the phone in the next few hours I will be de-bing'ing and customizing like a mofo. Its my first time with a android and a touch phone. I think it will be a huge upgrade over my old HTC ozone and WinBlows Mobile.
You've come to a good spot friend :)
 
I hope you enjoy the phone. I got my first Android phone (obviously a Fascinate) and had some reservations coming from an iphone. But so far I love it. I am constantly picking it up to try new things because, unlike an iphone, I have the freedom to do what I want with my phone.
 
just opened here up. I have never ever messed with android, but hopefully its not too hard. I just want to change the theme around a bit and get gogle up there instead of microsoft bing. Thanks!
 
I just bought mine yesterday and "LLLLLLLLLLLLLOVEEEE iT ". tHIS PHONE IS AWESOME. been studing all details and do's and don't' and short cuts....etc. it paid to do your home work. I love this site.:)
 
just opened here up. I have never ever messed with android, but hopefully its not too hard. I just want to change the theme around a bit and get gogle up there instead of microsoft bing. Thanks!


I just bought mine yesterday and "LLLLLLLLLLLLLOVEEEE iT ". tHIS PHONE IS AWESOME. been studing all details and do's and don't' and short cuts....etc. it paid to do your home work. I love this site.:)


This is for both of you. There is a wealth of knowledge about the SF here. Like you guys the SF is my first Android/smartphone. I've only had mine literally 3 weeks today but I learned so much by coming here. There is no better education than actually just tinkering with it. When it comes to speed bumps you might need help with my best advice is to ask specific questions about your issues and you will likely get specific answers
 
I hope you enjoy the phone. I got my first Android phone (obviously a Fascinate) and had some reservations coming from an iphone. But so far I love it. I am constantly picking it up to try new things because, unlike an iphone, I have the freedom to do what I want with my phone.
REally? that much of a difference? I just converted someone to the Fascinate today over lunch. Actually, I didn't do anything, he just looked through it for about 5 minutes and played some of my vids. I told him about the 'Free Fridays" and that he would have no problem selling his on eBay particularly if it's unlocked.

EDIT: "his" being an iPhone and "unlocked" as in "jail broken".
 
This is for both of you. There is a wealth of knowledge about the SF here. Like you guys the SF is my first Android/smartphone. I've only had mine literally 3 weeks today but I learned so much by coming here. There is no better education than actually just tinkering with it. When it comes to speed bumps you might need help with my best advice is to ask specific questions about your issues and you will likely get specific answers

Holy crap, I just noticed you joined in September and have that high of a post count.. Man you post a lot : P

And I agree, just messing with stuff is the best way to learn, for this type of thing anyways. Not so much for a nuclear engineer. And reading the forums helps a lot, especially the Tech Help area. You'll more than likely use some of it either for your own problems, or helping someone else later on.
 
Holy crap, I just noticed you joined in September and have that high of a post count.. Man you post a lot : P

And I agree, just messing with stuff is the best way to learn, for this type of thing anyways. Not so much for a nuclear engineer. And reading the forums helps a lot, especially the Tech Help area. You'll more than likely use some of it either for your own problems, or helping someone else later on.
Yeah Im kinda a
images

At first I was asking and learning. Now I have stuff to share so I try to pay it forward.
 
Yeah Im kinda a
images

At first I was asking and learning. Now I have stuff to share so I try to pay it forward.

Aha, I see : P Ah well, least you're helping people while doing so.

Even more off-topic: Is it just me, or did the Report button under a person's avie change a few hours ago, and the Online/Offline one change just a few minutes ago?
 
Aha, I see : P Ah well, least you're helping people while doing so.

Even more off-topic: Is it just me, or did the Report button under a person's avie change a few hours ago, and the Online/Offline one change just a few minutes ago?
You mean the icons themselves? They look the same to me
 
LOL. Yeah, the site is undergoing some changes. The online and report buttons are different.

At first, i had made a post (a real friendly one too) and i saw that new report icon. I was like WHAT DID I DO??? hahahaha
 
LOL. Yeah, the site is undergoing some changes. The online and report buttons are different.

At first, i had made a post (a real friendly one too) and i saw that new report icon. I was like WHAT DID I DO??? hahahaha

o_O Here's the weirder part - on this computer, it's the old ones.. Come Watson, the game is afoot!
 
I know right. At work, i logon to about 4 computers a day. Some have the updated icons, some dont.

Anyways, sorry OP for de-railing this thread!

But, as you can see.....you'll love this forum!
 
Back
Top Bottom