• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oooooh.. I'm getting all excited to see what the excuse will be for GB not coming on Monday! Testing on outdated phones? Network issues (always a popular choice), unspecified testing problems, spider monkeys unplugging all the network cables in the data center (it could happen!)

:D

The spider monkeys theory made me laugh so hard I woke my son from his nap...luckily he went back down.

Upvote 0
But rest assured those cables will be connected in their proper orientation so once they are done there will be no more excuses

You're pretty new around here ;)

Knife wielding lobsters. 'Nuf said.

lobster-knife-fight.jpg

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
I have been following this thread since the first few pages. I had to register to thank you all for all the entertainment! I rooted, and am running cm7.... none of the sense roms for gingerbread work with my jawbone Bluetooth which I use all day at work to listen to music..... I want the official update so I can get a rom with all the nicer features of sense 2.1 and 3.0 but have it work with my Bluetooth..... something the team at cyanogen has done well with at least their stable roms. btw, the lobsters may give him a good excuse of why the update Monday....

Upvote 0
Posts cleaned out... again.

Any negative discussion about other users WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Don't believe? Fine. Think he's wrong? Fine.
But this isn't the place to discuss that.

Do I believe? Thats irrelevant.... he is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us. This will be the end of that discussion, any more transgressions will be followed by infractions.

NightAngel79

Upvote 0
Posts cleaned out... again.

Any negative discussion about other users WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Don't believe? Fine. Think he's wrong? Fine.
But this isn't the place to discuss that.

Do I believe? Thats irrelevant.... he is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us. This will be the end of that discussion, any more transgressions will be followed by infractions.

NightAngel79

When you clean up a thread do you inform the offenders about their deleted posts? The reason I ask is because if I was one of the offenders I would like to know. I don't believe I am one, but if I am I would want to know so that I can get back in line. I love AF and would not like to be banned if I was an offender, didn't know, repeated the behavior and was subsequently banned. I have read the rules of forums and do my very best to stay away from making offending comments, but I am also human; I make mistakes. Anyway...sorry for the mini rant. I look forward to your feedback.

Jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones