• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GingerVillain 2.0 Help.

VizualProphet

Sep 23, 2010
Ok guys, I'm back again. Sorry about all the questions recently (especially SURoot, who has been mega helpful). I can't seem to get any ROMs working properly on my phone at the moment. My favourite is GingerVillain, but my problem is that I flash the ROM onto my phone, partition my SD card, then go to download Terminal Emulator from the market but during install the phone automatically reboots and when it comes back on the app isn't installed. This doesn't just happen for Terminal Emulator, it happens with ANY app I try to install. Does anyone know why this might be happening? I've tried performing a wipe and re-flashing three times now.

how are you formatting the card? Are you certain you're formatting the EXT partition out of the card?

Is the size of your FAT32 partition remaining the same size?

Doesn't matter with GV if you flash the rom or partition the card first (same with redux) as they both have scripts that allow the rom to boot without the partition.

But once the card is partitioned, it never needs partitioning again so I am concerned about what exactly you are doing here (and why)

Upvote 0
I just want a clean slate to start on. I'm formatting it by choosing 'Erase SD Card' from the storage menu in settings. it says I have 3.66GB Total Space, 3.66GB Available Space (from a 4GB SD card) so I'd say it's deleted the partition.

So now I would partition the SD card, then USB the GingerVillain ROM onto the SD card, boot into recovery and flash... is that right?

Then the optional Terminal Emulator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones