• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gmail sync issues

willisJ

Anyone having issues with gmail and their evo today? Nothing has changed in my settings / haven't installed anything new in the past few days but gmail isn't downloading new messages automatically. I can open the gmail app and manually sync it and new messages will show up but outside of that there is nothing doing.

tried soft reboot / battery pull..

I am experiencing the exact same issue as you, and so is my coworker who also is on an EVO. Kind of surprised the forums are not blowing up about this, and hope there is a quick solution.

I try to forward a message in gmail yesterday. It still sitting at sending even I had manually syn many time. I have to log on to my PC to forward the message.

I am experiencing the exact same issue as you, and so is my coworker who also is on an EVO. Kind of surprised the forums are not blowing up about this, and hope there is a quick solution.

Go into manage applications on the gmail, wipe data and cache and then reboot phone

It's not just the Evo. My Epic, my wife's Evo and the old Hero are all doing the same thing and have been for the past 2 days.

Clearing data/cache hasn't helped either of us.

It's not just the Evo. My Epic, my wife's Evo and the old Hero are all doing the same thing and have been for the past 2 days.

Clearing data/cache hasn't helped either of us.

:confused::confused:
Flashed 2 different roms the last day and never had an issue, sense and aosp roms, weird

I have been having hit or miss issues with gmail's syncing for about 3 weeks now. it eventually goes away...but may come back a week later.

it had been working pretty well for the past week...then I noticed it back again today.

last time I installed the HTC mail apk back onto my phone to have a backup and it appears to work fine even when the gmail app doesn't sync..

google said:
Best answer - Bin (Google Employee) Go to this answer
Hi folks - We identified the issue on our end and pushed a fix for it at 3pm PST. Mail and notifications should be flowing smoothly now. Again, thank you for your patience while we identified and resolved the issue!

If you continue to have difficulties, please start a new thread in the forum since it's unlikely to be related to the fix we made.

Thanks!
Robin

dunno what they did but its fixed for me.. anybody still having issues?

Same issue for the last 2 days, also getting "Force Close" alerts sometimes when I try to send email. I've tried the clear data, cache, and reboot, still issues. Hopefully they send a fix for this, trying to check mail away from the pc is a pain now.

guys in the meantime try the stock htc mail app. it appears to work fine. Over the past month the issue has come and go. some days it will work wonderfully.....others not at all.

Back
Top Bottom