• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got new Optimus V (VM) rooting question

Alll Riight!
For the benefit of those seeking an answer that have a similar problem, could you post exactly what you did.
Thanks and congrats
AndyOpie150

I installed the Xionia recovery and rebooted, it took a few minutes then a menu popped up asking me to log in to my Google account, which I did, and the phone rebooted and its works. Its a different screen then I had before, I dont know what ROM or mod it is, or if its rooted or what. But its working....

You now have the MiRaGe ROM.
If that was the last ROM you flashed from the recovery.
Go to the CyanogenMod settings/Performance/CPU settings. Set the Min at 480 and the Max at 768. Check the set at boot box
Go to Interface. Lots of tweaks in there including changing whats displayed in the drop down widget bar as well as making the taskbar a sliding screen brightness changer.

Go to the ATR Guide sticky/tweaks/entropy_n_rngd-tool and download the one for the MiRaGe ROM. Flash in recovery like a ROM (no need to wipe anything).
Last thing: Save the Xionia zip, but reinstall the ZenGarden recovery as the Xionia doesn't wipe good enough to flash anything but old Froyo ROMs (asuming you ever want to try different ROMs).
The MiRaGe is the best ROM for our V. If you have any questions about it let us know.

PS: Dont forget to make a backup of this ROM once you have set it up and downloaded all your apps and put them just where you like.
If you ever need to restore the backup it will look exactly the same as when you backed it up (just like a restore point on a computer).

Ok cool thanks. How do I get rid of the apps I dont want/need? The bloatware crap?

thanks

oh and when I restarted my phone it had me sign into my google account over again and acted like it was starting fresh again...(the ROM did) and the apps I installed after I got it working again were gone.

Ok, every time I power my phone off it starts off with some text that says dont pull battery, formatting data, cache, rebooting, than the little Android guy shows up that says touch Android to begin, then it has me sign into my Google all over again, and the phone rebooted 3 times today by itself... and did that every time

How do I get back into recovery to put the ZenGarden recovery back on?

I haven't installed the entropy_n_rngd-tool yet.

Should I try a different ROM...

How did you install the ROM.
The Xionia recovery works best with the Froyo ROM's, but not to well with the Gingerbread and up.
For now: Wipe data/factory reset. Wipe cache partition. Go to advanced section, wipe dalvik cache.
Return to main menu.
Go to mounts and storage setion. Format:
boot
cache
data
system

Note: Run each wipe and format option 3 times. This should wipe and format better, and allow you to get rid of any residual data.
Then install the ROM and Gapps.
Reboot the ROM 3 times, then adjust the CPU setting.

Now if you want use the terminal emulator provided by the developer of the ROM

If the ZenGarden recovery is still on the sd card then rename to zrecovery.img

Type in the terminal emulator this:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/zrecovery.img
if no error code, and you got a stream of almost identical looking code with a # at the very end; then type in this:
Code:
reboot recovery
Now backup this ROM

Note: After each line of code hit the enter key.
If you loose the keyboard after hiting the enter key the first time, just hit the menu key and toggle soft keyboard.

After setting up all aps and getting everything right where you want it, backup that. Delete first backup.

Back
Top Bottom