• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got new Optimus V (VM) rooting question

Yea in zengarden you just need to do the 4 wipe options ,they take care of all mounting and formatting.

I hope Andy can help from here, i get up at 4:30 am, i gotta get some sleep.

Good luck,don't worry we'll get it figured out.

thank you, i trying, lol

I just did it again, and the same results...

Did you check the md5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps? Try using the manual mode when installing the ROM and Gapps. When it's finished back out and select to reboot system. Select android system.

Did you check the md5 sum of the downloaded ROM and Gapps? Try using the manual mode when installing the ROM and Gapps. When it's finished back out and select to reboot system. Select android system.

Not sure what you mean by the md5 sum (I know damn noobs)

but yes I did it in manual mode when I installed ROM and Gapps, I backed out and selected android system

I used the files posted above by badblue

Mirage Rom ...VM670-CM7.2-IHO-04152013_MiRaGe.zip
GAPPS ...Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

I downloaded the MD5 Checker 2.31

ran it and checked the 2 files (ROM and Gapps) both said the code do not match... now what?

Thx

I downloaded the MD5 Checker 2.31

ran it and checked the 2 files (ROM and Gapps) both said the code do not match... now what?

Thx

You're checking / comparing the MD5 checksums displayed against the source website where you downloaded them from, right? (not against each other, mind you, but from what the download location said the MD5 would be for each file after you downloaded it).

Does that make sense? (it's a little confusing at first, so no worries :))

You're checking / comparing the MD5 checksums displayed against the source website where you downloaded them from, right? (not against each other, mind you, but from what the download location said the MD5 would be for each file after you downloaded it).

Does that make sense? (it's a little confusing at first, so no worries :))

OK now I'm lost... I ran the checker and choose the file i downloaded and it said does not match, I got them from the links posted early in this thread. How do I compare them off the site I got them from?

OK now I'm lost... I ran the checker and choose the file i downloaded and it said does not match, I got them from the links posted early in this thread. How do I compare them off the site I got them from?

The person/dev who posted a particular file for download should be publishing the MD5 (or SHA1) checksum of each file that can be downloaded.

Then, after you download it, you can (and should) compare that published checksum against the checksum of the file in the location where it was downloaded to (typically your Android device).

For example (and just for illustration purposes only), here is a download page for the Google app (gapps) files:

Gapps - CyanogenMod

Notice the MD5 checksum values listed below each file. The one for CM 10.1 shows:

c4a07a24e11448824b84e314600cd357

Now, if you download that file to your phone, you can use an on-phone app/utility (I prefer mine (AFV), of course :)) to calculate it's MD5 sum and visually compare to see that it's the same as what was published on the website where you downloaded it from. That way, you can be sure that you got the entire file downloaded safely (and completely) to your device.

Does that help / make sense?

Hello, i'm on my lunch break and thought to check in , yes your Md5 sums must match what the dev posts with the build. MiRaGe md5 sum is posted on the first page first post of the rom.
MiRaGe 04152013 build. MD5sum: 0ae22b7bdb030a35f86989457f294391

GAPPS 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

You will have to go to the first page of the rom from time to time to see if there are any changes or updates to the rom, this is where the changelog is located and other important information. Actually if your going to stick with this rom you should read the whole thing, it answers a lot of questions you might have about the rom. Learn from other people's experiences.

NOTE : The best way to download files is using a computer (which i don't have) so i try and get to a place that has wifi, although i have downloaded using 3g "more chance of corrupting a file ", but if md5 sums match your golden.
Well gotta get back to work.
Hope this helps.

Hello, i'm on my lunch break and thought to check in , yes your Md5 sums must match what the dev posts with the build. MiRaGe md5 sum is posted on the first page first post of the rom.
MiRaGe 04152013 build. MD5sum: 0ae22b7bdb030a35f86989457f294391

GAPPS 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

You will have to go to the first page of the rom from time to time to see if there are any changes or updates to the rom, this is where the changelog is located and other important information. Actually if your going to stick with this rom you should read the whole thing, it answers a lot of questions you might have about the rom. Learn from other people's experiences.

NOTE : The best way to download files is using a computer (which i don't have) so i try and get to a place that has wifi, although i have downloaded using 3g "more chance of corrupting a file ", but if md5 sums match your golden.
Well gotta get back to work.
Hope this helps.

I just got off work, so gonna be another night of trying to fix this thing... I really appreciate all the help. I learned my lesson to never mess with this phone again when I dont know what Im doing. Not having my phone for work is totally messing me up.

I will try to download the files again and check them (still not 100% on what to do) but I gonna give it a shot.

thanks again...

Just downloaded the Gapps file and checked it, she is all good.
did the same with the ROM and its all good too,

going to put both files on my SD card and install and see if this works...

* No change, checked both files, and they installed without errors, I rebooted to android and it still booted in the Zen recovery...

thinking about just buying a new phone.....again.

Don't buy another one, i'm sure this one can be fixed, but AndyOpie150 is the man for that job. There are several unbrick guides in the all things root guide, but they involve commands from a computer, which i know nothing about.

If you followed Andy's guide you would have made a backup of your stock rom. Just go into recovery, do the 4 wipe options and restore your nandroid backup.

Don't buy another one, i'm sure this one can be fixed, but AndyOpie150 is the man for that job. There are several unbrick guides in the all things root guide, but they involve commands from a computer, which i know nothing about.

If you followed Andy's guide you would have made a backup of your stock rom. Just go into recovery, do the 4 wipe options and restore your nandroid backup.

I tried that, and it didnt work...

I have looked into the different guides and I have no clue where to start or what to do... I cant believe I did the factory restore and totally screwed my phone. I had it 2 days, lol Money well spend :o

Will this guide help me out? http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...soft-bricked-optimus-v-official-fw-kp500.html

Read the sticky at the top of the page, Do not factory reset your rooted phone. Read that and i wouldn't do anything else until we here from Andy.

You don't want to make it worse!

But don't give up, this phone is almost impossible to brick. You can't rush this and you must follow directions to the letter, believe me i almost bricked mine at least 3 times, Andy as well.

Best thing to do right now is read, read then read it again.

Read the sticky at the top of the page, Do not factory reset your rooted phone. Read that and i wouldn't do anything else until we here from Andy.

You don't want to make it worse!

But don't give up, this phone is almost impossible to brick. You can't rush this and you must follow directions to the letter, believe me i almost bricked mine at least 3 times, Andy as well.

Best thing to do right now is read, read then read it again.

Factory reset only messes up the phone if you do it from the privacy menu.
and if you do all you have to do is install the stock recovery and it will finish the reset.

Factory reset only messes up the phone if you do it from the privacy menu.
and if you do all you have to do is install the stock recovery and it will finish the reset.

I know that, but his buddy tried to help and he factory reset it, that's why i said read the sticky, he's probably going to have to put xonia recovery on it to get out of the bootloop.

Which i don't understand because zengarden has already gotten my phone out of a bootloop and it got me out of the blue fastboot screen.

The Xionia recovery.zip has a tendency to error out on install with a ZV5 baseband phone. Will work great with a ZV4 baseband phone (which is why I still keep a zipped version on the sd card).

racer00: Download the zipped version of the Xionia recovery from here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html
look at the very bottom of the first post. You will see an attachment which is the zipped version of the Xionia recovery.
Do not unzip, but, put on the root of the sd card like it is.

Go to the current recovery's menu. Go to the install package option. Go to the manual option. choose the Xionia recovery.zip. After it installs back out to the main menu of the ZenGarden recovery (it actually installed, you just need to boot into it). Go to the reboot system option. Go to the reboot recovery option. It should now reboot into the Xionia recovery if you did not get any install error.

If you got an install error then try the Cannibal Open Touch recovery's (COT) universal installer. Use it the same way as the instructions for the zipped Xionia recovery.
It can be found here: http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/universal-installers/%28recovery%29%28zip%29-cot-v2-1-universal-installer-for-lg-optimus-devices

If that didn't work then you need to use the Unbrick guide here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html
If you end up having to use this Guide read it over several times then ask questions before it is used. It has to be followed exactly to the letter.

The Xionia recovery.zip has a tendency to error out on install with a ZV5 baseband phone. Will work great with a ZV4 baseband phone (which is why I still keep a zipped version on the sd card).

racer00: Download the zipped version of the Xionia recovery from here: [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
look at the very bottom of the first post. You will see an attachment which is the zipped version of the Xionia recovery.
Do not unzip, but, put on the root of the sd card like it is.

Go to the current recovery's menu. Go to the install package option. Go to the manual option. choose the Xionia recovery.zip. After it installs back out to the main menu of the ZenGarden recovery (it actually installed, you just need to boot into it). Go to the reboot system option. Go to the reboot recovery option. It should now reboot into the Xionia recovery if you did not get any install error.

If you got an install error then try the Cannibal Open Touch recovery's (COT) universal installer. Use it the same way as the instructions for the zipped Xionia recovery.
It can be found here: http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/universal-installers/%28recovery%29%28zip%29-cot-v2-1-universal-installer-for-lg-optimus-devices

If that didn't work then you need to use the Unbrick guide here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html
If you end up having to use this Guide read it over several times then ask questions before it is used. It has to be followed exactly to the letter.

Ok I am installing it now.... so far a spinning wheel with a cyanognen mod logo,

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! Its appears my phone is working!

I LOVE YOU ! lol

Back
Top Bottom