• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Grand X Max + OFFICIAL LOLLIPOP UPDATE FROM ZTE!!!!!!!

Go to ZTE website. Click on the x max + and scroll all the way down. There it is. And it's awesome!!!! Your current build number should be Z987V1.3.9 Android version 4.4.4 KitKat. The new update is Z987V2.2.12 Android version 5.1
Can you mention in the op that there is a pre rooted update for people who want to keep root? Once I make a thread I'll give you a link.

i doubt it but im argueing with ZTE now to give me a downgrader zip that will put me back on 4.4 if they do and it works i will upload it

I understand completely im about to warranty my phone on a very minor hardware issue i just have to go through my old phone junk drawer to find a compatible phone to use until the other one arrives before i can do it and im hoping that the one they say is still on kitkat

I understand completely im about to warranty my phone on a very minor hardware issue i just have to go through my old phone junk drawer to find a compatible phone to use until the other one arrives before i can do it and im hoping that the one they say is still on kitkat
I've never had cricket but with metro they order you a replacement and you keep your current phone until the new one gets there.

i was just BS-ing them saying i dont like 5.1 to see if they would give me a zip to go back to 4.4, so i can root but i did not tell them that
The problem is that since the phone originally came with 4.4 already on it, the zip you were asking them for doesn't exist. They use a different method to load the os onto the phone before they ship it out. In order for there to be an update zip that flashes the stock KitKat ROM, the phone would have to have came with a lower version of android like jellybean then upgraded to KitKat later by an ota update. Make sense?

Well i have htc desire that i have to directly put the wires on the battery to charge to fall back on if need be but im calling about the screen and a new phone tomorrow

no idea if it will do any good but i can get into recovery by holding power and volume up no idea if that does me any good

So I tried to install this update while I was rooted and I got a boot loop. I installed it just like the website describe (which I guess wouldn't have worked anyway ) and it restarted and would show the Zte logo then it would reboot again. It's been stuck in this loop for a day so I took the back cover off with a hair dryer and unplugged the battery. I plugged it back I. And it just did the same thing.

I can't boot recovery at all and I can't manage to get adb work. I can hold the volume down button to get into FTM mode(which I have no idea what it does). And it makes the sound like the USB connected but adb still can't find the device.

I need my phone for work so I had to go out and buy a new one. I would really like to get this phone working so I could at least sell it online. any advice would be much appreciated.

Go to ZTE website. Click on the x max + and scroll all the way down. There it is. And it's awesome!!!! Your current build number should be Z987V1.3.9 Android version 4.4.4 KitKat. The new update is Z987V2.2.12 Android version 5.1

i have twrp installed on my zte 987, my issue is that i cant get rid of twrp and cant get back to stock so i can instal the lollipop and twrp wont install the stock info that you guys have posted...why is that?

Hello, I just got a Grand X. I don't think it's a Max+. How can I check if it's a Max+? Anyway, it came with version 4.3. Can I upgrade it to 5.1 or whatever is latest? I tried to do System Update and it says I have the latest version already. I would prefer not to root it and risk anything that might make it worse. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hello, I just got a Grand X. I don't think it's a Max+. How can I check if it's a Max+? Anyway, it came with version 4.3. Can I upgrade it to 5.1 or whatever is latest? I tried to do System Update and it says I have the latest version already. I would prefer not to root it and risk anything that might make it worse. Any help would be great. Thanks!
If it came with 4.3 then it is not the max+ which comes with 4.4

Thanks. Does this mean I can't update beyond 4.3? If space is a problem, I got a 32gb MicroSD in it.
You need to do some research to see what is available for your specific device. Beyont that I cannot help you. Also, the size of your SD card foes not matter.

My research has led me here. I have not found clear info if it's possible to upgrade or not. I'm hoping someone with a similar situation as mine might be able to point me to the right direction.

My research has led me here. I have not found clear info if it's possible to upgrade or not. I'm hoping someone with a similar situation as mine might be able to point me to the right direction.
If this is all you have been able to find then that probably means that there is no way for you to upgrade your phone to a newer version of Android.

So I tried to install this update while I was rooted and I got a boot loop. I installed it just like the website describe (which I guess wouldn't have worked anyway ) and it restarted and would show the Zte logo then it would reboot again. It's been stuck in this loop for a day so I took the back cover off with a hair dryer and unplugged the battery. I plugged it back I. And it just did the same thing.

I can't boot recovery at all and I can't manage to get adb work. I can hold the volume down button to get into FTM mode(which I have no idea what it does). And it makes the sound like the USB connected but adb still can't find the device.

I need my phone for work so I had to go out and buy a new one. I would really like to get this phone working so I could at least sell it online. any advice would be much appreciated.
Same exact problem here, any fixes?

So far from what I have seen there is no root option for the lollipop update of zte max plus...untill there is I would leave it be...ftm mode is file transfer mode just so u know

Back
Top Bottom